Don Quijote to open new store despite Covid-19 crisis

webfact

Don Quijote to open new store despite Covid-19 crisis

By THE NATION

800_cf8057172ce82f8.jpg?v=1585559976

Don Quijote (Donki) will open a new branch at The Market mall in Bangkok March 31 despite the severe Covid-19 situation.

01%5B334%5D.jpg

Donki Thonglor chairman Shimanuki Yosuke explained that the company had imported numerous products in advance for opening the “Don Don Donki” outlet before the Covid-19 outbreak.

The new branch, which will also feature the Jonetsu Kakaku shop and provide both eatable and usable products, will be open 11am to 8pm daily on the first floor, Yosuke said.

04%5B335%5D.JPG

There are more than 130,000 items on sale, including fresh ingredients, cooked food, instant food and other necessary products. The branch will provide only a take-away service for cooked food.

In a bid to prevent Covid-19 infections, the company will limit the number of entrances and exits to just one and customers will be allowed in only one at a time. The temperature of both staff and customers will be checked, and numerous touch points at the store including baskets and cashier counters will be sterilised, Yosuke said.

41%5B336%5D.jpg

Furthermore, the company has ordered all staff to be checked and to wear medical masks and gloves. The staff have also been instructed to wash their hands regularly, he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30385073

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-31

3 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

Actually quite a good store. I went there quite a bit when I was living in Japan. Sad that its long-awaited opening in Thailand has to occur under these circumstances.

They have already opened a branch on Thong Lor. It was opened a few months ago.

The traffic on Ekamai and Thong Lor was at a standstill the first few weeks. I went to look after about 2 months. I have no idea why people got hyped up about it. I guess the supermarket was OK for Japanese imports. The rest was just like most other shopping malls.

2 minutes ago, canopus1969 said:

Donkey is a good name for these people if they open at this time

Maybe,

On the other hand, 

they have the products, assume they have anyhow to pay the rent and staff,

so maybe not that stupid.

• Thanks 1