North still in the clutches of air pollution

webfact

The Govt. needs to ban the sale of mushrooms which is primarily responsible for all the burning in the hillsides.. Never happen of course, lots of thick brown envelopes being handed out for people to turn a blind eye... TIT.. Watch the video, very enlightening..

Edited by Forza2002

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Only if one is "put into the position", as apposed to one being elected by the residents who might have a better idea of whose up to the job!

If it is the residents setting the fires out of an entrenched mindset then who would get elected but ‘one of their own’?   Perhaps it is time for some extensive re-education followed up by enforcement.  Unfortunately the ones needed for that seem to be harder to find than a ventilator in NYC. 

Edited by Marpa47
Blank

10 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Breathe in that bad air deeply, your lungs will enjoy and if the virus shows up it will be thankful for the lack of resistance!

How can you order lockdown and travel restrictions and make half the country jobless and let them continue to burn Thailand???

Is that a trick question?  Have to laugh, because what’s the alternative?  You hit the nail on the head.  Only thing is who can change an entire culture without far reaching repercussions?  And who is there currently with the moral fiber needed who is willing to take on this thankless even dangerous job?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had to drive out to the wifes orchard last night about 7pm and the air was very smoky.  I look to the East and I see the glow of a big fire in Nam Om....where there is rice paddy, sugar fields and mango orchards.  No one burns off around mango trees, so who is responsible?  

On 3/31/2020 at 6:59 AM, JCP108 said:

It seems to me that a big part of the problem is that no matter how well Thailand does in controlling these fires, there are even more in the three neighboring countries as well as southern China and this all blows through Thailand. I don't have the link handy. But, in the past when I've seen maps of current fires, it seems that there are fewer such fires in Thailand compared to neighboring areas. It's bad in central Thailand too. Wish I could get down to the south now for a bit of a break. Hopefully in May or June. 

"no matter how well Thailand does in controlling these fires" Don't bother to go any farther that that statement as Thailand doesn't even scratch the surface of doing well. Never mind the other countries. I've been breathing this SH*T from my neighbourhood fires for 25 years, how bout you?

9 hours ago, Dap said:

"no matter how well Thailand does in controlling these fires" Don't bother to go any farther that that statement as Thailand doesn't even scratch the surface of doing well. Never mind the other countries. I've been breathing this SH*T from my neighbourhood fires for 25 years, how bout you?

Duterte just shoots troublemakers  . No pollution in Philippines. Paradise. Clean air everywhere  

4 hours ago, Langkawee said:

Duterte just shoots troublemakers  . No pollution in Philippines. Paradise. Clean air everywhere  

He understands that you simply can’t educate certain types of people so he eliminates them. I can’t say he’s wrong but it’s too easy to abuse such power. 

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, dcnx said:

He understands that you simply can’t educate certain types of people so he eliminates them. I can’t say he’s wrong but it’s too easy to abuse such power. 

Whoa!