New York greets hospital ship with cheers; California cases soar

webfact

41 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

30,000 ventilators is what is needed

Is that the Govs last numbers? He has a press conference every day, how many NYers are on ventilators right now?

• Like 1

Utter stupidity. Agree with Rachel Maddow. A ship is the absolute worst place to have these folks. Didn't anybody learn anything from the Diamond Princess?

But America loves its wars and its warmongers so anything military gets a big cheer.

• Sad 3

40 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Utter stupidity. Agree with Rachel Maddow. A ship is the absolute worst place to have these folks. Didn't anybody learn anything from the Diamond Princess?

But America loves its wars and its warmongers so anything military gets a big cheer.

this is a ship designed to be a hospital.  why do you think it would be better to not have the ship in new york city to help with covid 19 ??  do you not realize freestanding hospitals are overwhelmed and due not enough capacity to care for all the cases? do you not know negative pressure patient rooms filled up a long time ago? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USNS_Comfort_(T-AH-20)

Personnel:

Merchant Marine: 16 ROS; 61 Active

Navy Communications & Support: 58 (6 Officers, 52 Enlisted)

Medical and Dental (Active Only): 1,156

Aviation: Helicopter Landing Platform, 1 Spot

Radars: SPS-67 Surface Search

Patient capacity:

Intensive care wards: 80 beds

Recovery wards: 20 beds

Intermediate care wards: 280 beds

Light care wards: 120 beds

Limited care wards: 500 beds

Total Patient Capacity: 1000 beds

Operating Rooms: 12

Departments and facilities:

Casualty reception

Intensive care unit

Radiological services

Main laboratory plus satellite lab

Central sterile receiving

Medical supply/pharmacy

Physical therapy and burn care

Dental services

Optometry/lens lab

Morgue

Laundry

Oxygen producing plants (two)

Medical Photography

Four distilling plants to make drinking water from sea water (300,000 US gallons (1,100,000 l; 250,000 imp gal) per day)

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1

People out welcoming the ship with no masks and standing near and moving amongst others. 
Just heard DrOz asked on Fox News about what will happen if this bug gets into the ship sent to help relive pressures on NY medical staff and facilities by servicing NON Covid patients.

I hope, sincerely that this action by Fed govt doesn’t end with those on the ship being infected.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Did you read the OP?

"The Comfort will treat non-coronavirus patients"

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I think it's time some of the blatant fake news outlets have their broadcasting license revoked. In these stressful times there is no excuse for the likes of MSNBC's Maddow to say the hospital ship due to arrive at New York is "nonsense". As per the OP we can see Maddow is 100% wrong, and has probably (unnecessarily)caused panic and fear among her loyal viewers.

If it wouldn't be for Trump ignoring the threat there would be no need for that ship.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Kelsall said:

With the arrival of the US Navy, NYC, home of the anti military Trump haters, is now seeing its residents singing a different tune.

We all should join them as they cheer, "Thank you President and Commander-in-chief Donald J. Trump!"

Your patriotism always amazes me.  I don't usually agree with you, but I do respect you

26 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Some bystanders chanted, "Trump, Trump, Trump," as the huge vessel neared the Midtown Manhattan pier where it docked.

Yep even New Yorkers are coming around,  They are going from zero to hero.

I think you may actually be  Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore.  ????

11 hours ago, SimpleMan555 said:

I did the research for you.... (TET: 3m)      'Google' is your friend  ????

"USNS Comfort docks in NY 10 days after Rachel Maddow said it would take 'weeks' 
(Fox News headline)

https://www.foxnews.com/media/usns-comfort-ny-rachel-maddow

The US Navy Hospital Ship is "like adding a whole other hospital to New York City," mayor says.
(CNN Headline)

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-30-20-intl-hnk/h_2f7ca98871d68447e7e5c9da15680e88

Chomp, Chomp.... ????

They will not treat virus cases.