Trump coronavirus guidance on keeping gun stores open draws criticism

webfact

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I suppose that's a better combination than alcohol and an AR-15 - just.

Dude and AR-15 is like having a first aid kit. You hope you never use it. It can sit in the corner for weeks, my bong, however, shall be with me always.

And probably all the skells in the USA are avoiding the gun owner areas thats for sure. But it looks like folks are even playing nice in the disarmed areas.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You reckon Umberto Eco is too heavy, but you want me to read Thomas Pynchon?

If you cant understand the difference between Italian prose and American prose then I cant help you achieve the literary light you so richly deserve.

Gravity's Rainbow. Trust me. It will change your life.

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The number of folks out buying guns and restocking illustrates the level of paranoia in America.

Have you ever stayed in the continental USA for any extended period of time?

I have, and while I don't feel the need for a gun in Germany and Switzerland, I think I would feel better with one if I was living in some areas of the US.

Besides, "personal security" is one of the essential needs according to Maslow's theory.

Regarding the situation in Thailand, I fully expect a rise in crimes, violent crimes and suicides due to the situation of the tourism, hospitality and sex industry. Many drug addicts will need to finance their next trip.

Without dedicated security deterring burglars, standalone houses and street /shophouses are prime targets.

1 hour ago, graemeaylward said:

Guns are weapons of war and not needed by anyone.  The argument about self-defence is totally invalid and makes people more likely to shoot first, ask questions afterwards.  This herd mentality needs to be stopped!  "he's got one so I must have one!" is a recipe for disaster.  Only lawless societies consider guns a necessity!  They are an abomination and should be banned!  Most civilised countries have strict laws which prevent the average citizen from possessing firearms!  

famous last words...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Yep. Great job in acknowledging the 2nd Am and its vital role in keeping the US safe. The number of folks out buying guns  and restocking illustrates how the public feels about their fundamental Right To Keep and Bear Arms

Keeping US safe. I guess keeping US safe from other US citizens? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Exactly! Its a right Im sure a whole bunch of people would have loved to have in the 20th century!

You know there's only one way to stop a bad guy with a gun, it's a...…….....…..! :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, sukhumvitneon said:

Does it hurt being this retarded?

I always found that argument about muskets funny. The founding fathers were smart enough to defeat the British Empire and start a country nearly from scratch. But, apparently, they were too stupid to foresee technological advances in weaponry. When the founding fathers drafted the Bill of Rights there's a reason they put that particular amendment at number 2.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Trump, seeking re-election on Nov. 3, and other Republicans are closely aligned with the NRA.

Reuters doing their usual I see.

There are many rural and city democrats who are gun owners and probably NRA or GOA members, including Democrat lawmakers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Anxious people locked up at home for weeks on end with people they’re normally glad to get away from for at least half of every working day.

Add guns into the equation and let’s see what happens.

Yes, more state control is the answer. And protect the criminals too!

A post with a late night comedy show video has been removed as a late night comedy show is not a valid source of news.

Some other posts using videos from unapproved sources have been removed. 

Some off topic posts, troll posts, inflammatory posts and the replies have been removed. 

3 minutes ago, lifeincnx said:

Well, each citizen will receive a paltry $1200 check to get them through all this, so c'mon Trump has to get his check too. Though in this case it's from the NRA.

I sure hope you can back up your claim that the President is being bribed by the NRA.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

So I guess you believe CNN and MSNBC who constantly crop videos of Trump to make it appear that he is saying something he is not. And No, I did not say he always speaks correctly.

Strange conclusion.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

I sure hope you can back up your claim that the President is being bribed by the NRA.

the NRA spent $11,438,118 to support Donald Trump's campaign - AJC Atlanta

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I would be worrying more about ammo than loowipe myself. Nothing keeps bad people more honest than a lot of good guys with guns.

You must be so scared to leave your condo in thailand without those guns. Do you just sit in the corner of your room in fear all day?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1