Pattaya and the virus: Three quarters of Covid-19 cases are foreigners

webfact

7 hours ago, owl sees all said:

There is a big drive - as we type - to find suitable people to inhabit/populate the new planned International space station. A mix of races and ages (16 to 30). They want 87 women and 13 men. This is the optimal ratio for breeding from scratch.

Ah but what if 1 of the men was gay?

As the song goes.... then there'll be 12 straight men hangin' on the wall!

2 minutes ago, johng said:

There are even (heaven forbid)  Thai male prostitutes  who ( I'm told) are quite popular with the Thai female  prostitutes !!!!   (allegedly as countless reports where that no prostitution was found in Pattaya)

surely not?? I am shocked beyond belief, scandalous

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Berkshire said:

That's a rather small sampling to warrant such a headline.

No smapling is required. Just look around and see how Eurpoe and America are devasted by the arrogance of their people and incompetancies of their leaders. 

Just added another incidence in my Journal of arrogant Dick, the plumber who entered 7/11 without a mask when all Thais were wearing Masks. The adventure of Tom (truck driver), Dick (plumber), and Harry (brick layer) continues in the time of Corona. 

Edited by Mulambana

16 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Women often/sometimes have sex with women, heard of 3 somes??

Virus is found in bodily secrections 

I'm not at all sure that women indulging in sex, pass on the covid virus through their body secretions. 

I'm no expert on this; but Professor Pigeon is. I'll consult him and get back to the TVForum members.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

No smapling is required. Just look around and see how Eurpoe and America are devasted by the arrogance of their people and incompetancies of their leaders. 

Just added another incidence in my Journal of arrogant Dick, the plumber who entered 7/11 without a mask when all Thais were wearing Masks. The adventure of Tom (truck driver), Dick (plumber), and Harry (brick layer) continues in the time of Corona. 

Are you in training for stand up  comedy?.................you have a  way to go yet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out...

I'm guessing America will eventually pull out all their manufacturing there.  It probably comes down to how long this lasts, and how many die.  If your friend dies of COVID.....well, you might not be too happy with China.  

well... they could begin, by reinstating Chevrolet manufacture facilities back to capability for full production! (not that I'm saying Chev is any good but)  Just Holden Australia same same 

Really, anything to keep those factories making making making... even if instead for medical stuff...

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I'm not at all sure that women indulging in sex, pass on the covid virus through their body secretions. 

they may have even breathed as well, but even undergrad spatchcock cannot dent isolation in secretions, unless they are lizard people

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

My partner says there is a lot of anti-falang feeling and comments on social media. Comments that falangs are dirty and the virus has spread in countries like Italy because they don't wash and wear shoes in the house. This pandemic is bringing out the inherent racism.

Well Europe is the epicentre of all you non mask wearing trolls!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Women often/sometimes have sex with women, heard of 3 somes??

Virus is found in bodily secrections 

Er, ok. 

If you want to imagine that the four woman get corona because Thai sex worker, then up to you. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Er, ok. 

If you want to imagine that the four woman get corona because Thai sex worker, then up to you. 

You seemed to dismiss a prostitute being one possible mode of transmission because 4 women are in the group. 

Keep an open mind Yinn. Look outside the square

• Thanks 1

Figures release by the Covid-19 center in Pattaya show that the majority of cases - some 75% - are foreigners

There have been 12 cases reported so far, all of whom are currently under treatment. 

Three are Thais but nine are foreigners

They come mostly from Europe - there are three Russians, two British people, and one each from Sweden, France, Germany and Japan

Can't help it can they :saai::saai:

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

This government is determined to put the blame on farangs, for the virus, and anything else.

Other countries are saying ++++++ number of people are down with the virus.

Not here farang, farang, farang, the crazy bar stewards are determined to blame farangs.

Sad, sad, sad.

That's not quite true. Australia is very open about the fact the virus is being brought into the country from people who enter from overseas. They don't say whether it is foreigners or aussies bringing it in, and I'm not sure Thailand has specifically said that either. Perhaps take a couple of deep breaths, put on your mister sensible hat and calmly reassess what you are seeing and reading. Consider expanding your selection of media sites to perhaps get a more balanced view of what is happening. TVF is a bit like a Bill O'Reilly/Sean Hannity show to get a sensible balance of opinion - it ain't gonna happen.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Effective propaganda—instead of blaming the Chinese for infecting Thailand (and the world) they single out western tourists.

Amazing Thailand.

Not sure it is blame, just reporting statistics as they are released.

• Like 1

Three quarters of Covid-19 cases are foreigners

I certainly do not understand this interest in pointing out what nationality a victim is. The only thing that should be of interest to Thailand is how many people are affected and thus can spread the infection.

8 hours ago, owl sees all said:

According to my sources, the virus will go around the world killing about 2% of humans. Then it will mutate and go round again. And again, and perhaps again. We are obviously not being informed about this. The hidden powers only want one billion people to do the work, while they pull/jerk the strings, like the puppet-master and his marionette. This virus is just a pilot for the future real deal.

Don't believe those that say that the population will be reduced to half-a-billion; just not enough people.

There is a big drive - as we type - to find suitable people to inhabit/populate the new planned International space station. A mix of races and ages (16 to 30). They want 87 women and 13 men. This is the optimal ratio for breeding from scratch.

Well in Dr Stranglove it was going to be Coalmines if I remember correctly ....  I think they had a similar ratio ... W/M ....  Not sure what would be most comfortable... in space or down a mine shaft .... ????

18 minutes ago, Parsve said:

Three quarters of Covid-19 cases are foreigners

I certainly do not understand this interest in pointing out what nationality a victim is. The only thing that should be of interest to Thailand is how many people are affected and thus can spread the infection.

I think it is only on this forum that the headline appears. Poor old matthias has to get the punters in to get paid.

The Thai government should hang their heads in shame. The prolonged narrative putting the blame on ‘farang’ is disgraceful. Apart from being a lie and fake news. There under reporting of the numbers of Covid-19 infected people is to suppress the truth as they know that if the real truth came out there would be an uprising. And excuse of a government would all be in jail. The first in the dock would be Anutin. I certainly hope they get their just reward. For decades the real tourist have mainly been from Europe and helped the thai economy immensely. It’s only the past coup,e of years that there has been an influx of Russians, and of late the big spending inventors of the Covid-19 Chinese Disease. And of course a few Indians.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I'm no expert on this; but Professor Pigeon is. I'll consult him and get back to the TVForum members.

Whether or not it can be passed on in bodily secretions is immaterial, before you get that far you probably touch and kissed you partner...

A very interesting read from the BBC.

Two people with face masks on in bed

If I have sex can I catch coronavirus? You might have thought about it but been too embarrassed to ask.

To separate the facts from myths, we've put your questions to health experts.

Dr Alex George is an A&E doctor and former Love Island contestant. Alix Fox is a sex journalist, presenter of BBC Radio 1's Unexpected Fluids show, and co-host of The Modern Mann podcast.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-52063221

Not so strange at all. I have always seen more foreigners than Thai people in Pattaya. Sounds like a fair statistic to me. If you look in Yala or Narathiwat, it will probably be most muslims that catch the virus, and a very high amount of malays. Go far up North in Isaan, then they can probably put the blame on laotians and the khmers. What are we going to do in Bangkok. Hell Yeah! Blame the migrant workers. Because it can never be that Thais are same much to blame as others in the world that spread the virus?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Whether or not it can be passed on in bodily secretions is immaterial, before you get that far you probably touch and kissed you partner...

A very interesting read from the BBC.

Two people with face masks on in bed

has been isolated in bodily secretions, ejaculate, and faeces. 

1 hour ago, rvaviator said:

Well in Dr Stranglove it was going to be Coalmines if I remember correctly ....  I think they had a similar ratio ... W/M ....  Not sure what would be most comfortable... in space or down a mine shaft .... ????

The ratio is about 6/7 women to one man. Then the children from couple 'x' have to mate with children from couple 'z'. and so on. Once this new human colony gets to about 2000, it's not so scientific, and the people can mate with who they want.

I'd go for the space station myself but,,,,,,,.

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

This government is determined to put the blame on farangs, for the virus, and anything else.

Other countries are saying ++++++ number of people are down with the virus.

Not here farang, farang, farang, the crazy bar stewards are determined to blame farangs.

Sad, sad, sad.

Who cares who they blame, anyone with 1/2 a brain knows that the powers to be are mostly morons.

• Like 1

Is it just me or is this "farang bashing" never stopping? 

Surprise, surprise, if you look at the endless queues in front of the immigration on Soi 5; hundreds of alien (also known as "dirty farang" by the health minister) who have to show up IN PERSON for idiotic bu11 such as 90 days notification etc. simply because the entire website rubbish does still not work properly. How much more do you want to harass these foreigners? 

Most of Pattaya's workers, be in in regular hospitality like hotels or restaurants or in non-existing jobs as hookers and touts, have been fired without pay and some even without paying what they already earned in the month. 

All these people have to survive and ...... took the next bus and went home. It is despicable to put a "statistic" and proclaim that 75% are foreigners if the figures read:

12 cases reported in total
 9 foreigners among them and only 

3 Thais

and, in good old Thai fashion, the total number of cases is - surprise - 15 (fifteen). Ten men and five women; so the statistic goes into the bin. 

Pattaya has 60'000+ registered voters (grown-ups registered with house register in Pattaya) plus only-god-knows-how-many Thais from all over Northeastern and Northern Thailand. 

So dont go through the roof with 12 or 15 cases, dont even go with 100 cases as it makes this forum and the originator of this all ridiculous.