Chonburi ramps up virus measures - ALL bars and restaurants shut to patrons, alcohol sales BANNED after 6pm

webfact

2 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

Why would the world sit back and watch Thailand’s tourism go down the toilet? Obviously going by your comments you do not look at or read any worldwide news items. Thailand is not the only country in your little world that has tourism. The whole tourism industry worldwide is effected. So enlighten us, where will you move to when you depart Pattaya due to the economic destruction. 

Probably Vietnam.  From what I have read, they jumped right on it.  They will be open for business long before Thailand. 

Like I have said, different countries will emerge from this in different time frames.  Thailand will be way behind most countries.  

Corona free countries will eventually permit travelers from other Corona free counties to enter.  Meanwhile, Thailand will still be trying to BS agencies like The World Health Organization that everything is fine here, all the while Foreign Offices around the world will still be maintaining the travel warning on Thailand.

The Army government and wealthy Thai elite really messed this one up.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

So exactly how is the food for take away to be ordered?   Are all restaurants going to be required to have a delivery service like Grab or will they use motortaxis?

Probably the same way we've been  doing in Bangkok. Call ahead and order then drive up stay aprt from each other and pick up food. Also have seen Motor Cy delivery drivers  picking up meals or people like me who order from waitress  go shop in Foodlnd Supermarket then come back and pick up order.   Grab, Food Panda , ect are doing booming business. Also KFC, Pizza Company and some others have their own delivery.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brain150 said:

Well, the people who die in Italy, according to the Italian Government,

are an average of 80 years old with 2 or more heavy conditions BEFORE corona !!!

About 2,000 people die EVERY day in Italy on any given day every year .... that's 14,000 every given week !!!

Are there any more people dying right now than on any usual day in each year ???

No !!! Look at the statistics and there are no more people dying than "normal".

What does the number 11,591 say ? Nothing at all as long as we do not know the conditions.

You can die WITH a virus or FROM a virus.

The numbers published on Corona Virus say nothing at all as long as we do not know how many people are tested

or if the test is actually working. According to Doctors the accuracy of the test is less than 50% !!!

... the Pandemic is in your head !!! The Panic is REAL !!!

The amount of people in denial on these forums is truly amazing....

Your statistics mean nothing man... yes, those people die etc, but they don't all get sick and go to the hospital at the same time. Europe is in dire straits because they let it spread and then as it starts to grow exponentially the hospitals get overwhelmed. That also means that people with other problems and who needed health care might suffer....

as more people get sick in hospitals it all spreads even more etc

All countries in the world are taking it seriously because it is really serious

Now, there might be something in Thailand that is slowing down the virus (or the numbers might just being unreported and I bet in villages 'pneumonia' has become a lot more common), maybe Thailand could have gotten away without those measures, hard to tell.... but many elderly expats are at risk from this virus....and I"m really not sure the thai health care can deal with any kind of exponential growth. I would start taking it seriously if I were you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Postmaster said:

Zeamonkey.  Maybe its because Pattaya is regarded as the principal Tourist Resort in Chonburi Province.

Once upon a time it was. These photos were taken at 11 pm on March 31.

217556469_WS1.jpg.8ffeacf26b4530855974ec8445e81811.jpg931494913_WS2.jpg.05e7b8640161e3b1a5036deb28ba5f68.jpg

1 hour ago, Niteowl45 said:

The amount of people in denial on these forums is truly amazing....

Your statistics mean nothing man... yes, those people die etc, but they don't all get sick and go to the hospital at the same time. Europe is in dire straits because they let it spread and then as it starts to grow exponentially the hospitals get overwhelmed. That also means that people with other problems and who needed health care might suffer....

as more people get sick in hospitals it all spreads even more etc

All countries in the world are taking it seriously because it is really serious

Now, there might be something in Thailand that is slowing down the virus (or the numbers might just being unreported and I bet in villages 'pneumonia' has become a lot more common), maybe Thailand could have gotten away without those measures, hard to tell.... but many elderly expats are at risk from this virus....and I"m really not sure the thai health care can deal with any kind of exponential growth. I would start taking it seriously if I were you.

You can come up with all sorts of excuses and theories, but you're denying that there has been no exponential growth in Thailand. The mortality rate is so low, it's absurd to even consider it a problem.

10 people (old with underlying illness) have died in Thailand in 2 months, supposedly from covid-19. In the Philippines, a much poorer country with poorer overall health has seen 78 deaths of old people over 60 with underlying illness, in 2 months. Think about this - the age expectancy of a male in the Philippines is 66.5 years, in a good year.

Thailand was much slower to respond than the Philippines, which is very tightly locked down, but that hasn't hurt Thailand's mortality rate one bit. It's quite likely that the infected people are 10x or 100x as many as reported due to very limited testing, and they are not testing healthy people that may be carrying the virus. This renders the mortality rate much, much lower still.

Edited by tropo
  • Thanks 1

I guess Thailand does not want to be the last country to finally do what

a lot of other Asian countries have been doing for a while.

Turtles, are what these government officials are, and I am being

polite not to say Water buffaloes.  Wouldn't it be nice to have an

intelligent government?  Well better luck next time.

Geezer

20 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Way too slow to react to the threat of this virus...people in Chonburi will likely needlessly suffer as a result...

Only those that didn't take it seriously, for those that practiced good hygiene, social distancing will be just fine.

But yes, as usual a rather belated re-active measure as apposed to proactive.

14 hours ago, johng said:

No  but I am developing a "beer belly"  (barrel) where I wish I had a six pack ????

I needed a haircut before all this started, and stopped shaving last week. 

It's going to be messy. 

at Tesco groundfloor I love to watch the  girl who fill the sushi with nude hands, take money and chat on Line all togheter. But she has mask and does not drink alcool.
or at Makro with the open air meat and everybody use the same clamp to move, touch, choose .  
in Europe 40 years ago we started to use monouse gloves

19 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

WOW , Brunei has banned restaurants and cafes from serving customers 2 weeks ago. ONLY TAKE AWAY is allowed. 

Thailand just waking up.....????????????????????

19 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

WOW , Brunei has banned restaurants and cafes from serving customers 2 weeks ago. ONLY TAKE AWAY is allowed. 

Thailand just waking up.....????????????????????

have you ever been to a restaurant in Brunei

17 hours ago, Henryford said:

Yes i find it bizarre that Thailand have shut their country down, and ruined millions of people over 9 deaths, yet are happy that 30,000 Thais are killed on the roads every year.

Frankly, I doubt if they are happy about the road deaths, but they are doing absolutely nothing to prevent them, nor to improve the situation. All it would take is for a few thousand highway patrol cars to actually be out patrolling the highways, and handing out large citations for reckless driving, driving too slow in the fast lane, hogging the fast lane and not allowing cars to pass, cutting onto the highway directly in front of cars going at full speed, etc. Habits would change. As it exists now, there is no deterrent. 

And can someone explain to me how stopping alcohol sales will save lives? I do not need to hear about the group gathering nonsense, please. 

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're ignoring the FACT that Thailand has been doing very limited testing. I was just reading that Mexico has done a similar thing and their health authorities are openly admitting that their official numbers represent a massive undercount of the actual numbers. 

Thailand was the very FIRST  country infected outside China, that first case in Thailand happened in mid-January.

Did you notice or see plenty of people getting sick and coughing and lining up everywhere in hospitals and death in huge number ? 

I am very glad staying in Thailand. 

12 minutes ago, sscc said:

Thailand was the very FIRST  country infected outside China, that first case in Thailand happened in mid-January.

Did you notice or see plenty of people getting sick and coughing and lining up everywhere in hospitals and death in huge number ? 

I am very glad staying in Thailand. 

Actually I have seen a lot of people coughing here but the jury is still out on whether expats that have chosen to wait this out in Thailand are better off in Thailand than their home countries. Aside from the health risks here or anywhere I'm feeling concerned about the ignorant xenophobia that has obviously been greatly elevated here in regards to westerners. Scapegoats are useful. We're it. Stay home! 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Can someone please explain to me how picking up food and heading to a park or the beach with my wife to have a picnic is a health threat, any sort of hazard, or why it should be banned? Has anyone actually thought these "additional rules" through, or is this simply more inane nonsense from an army thirsty for power?

This is not the Zombie apocalypse. And nine deaths nationwide do not warrant such nonsense. That is less than the daily pedestrian death toll in Bangkok. 

I completely agree with you, I just do not get it why obviously so many posters here belong to the "shut it all down" and "why did not they do it earlier"-brigade?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I guess Thailand does not want to be the last country to finally do what

a lot of other Asian countries have been doing for a while.

Turtles, are what these government officials are, and I am being

polite not to say Water buffaloes.  Wouldn't it be nice to have an

intelligent government?  Well better luck next time.

Geezer

Perhaps the very low death rate is the clue you need to understand why Thailand didn't rush to follow other countries.

Think about it. In 2 months, only 10 people have died (one every 6 days), and that might be due to the virus or it could be just because they are frail elderly people who would have succumb to a seasonal flu. The death rate in Thailand due to all causes is 1568 per day, or 1.09 per minute.

As of today, (April 1), 1651 cases are confirmed, but only 12 are in serious condition.

737810903_thailandcovidApril1.jpg.c1bc82704b4960e8742c0adfe963126d.jpg

Australia is a prime example of panic with no justification. They are reporting 80 year old plus and 90 year old plus deaths, in an effort to justify draconian measures that are destroying their economy. Do these same elderly folk occasionally succumb to the seasonal flu in a non-Covid19 year? Yes they do. The only death under 70 is a 68 year old, and they claim a 34 year old died in Iceland. Basically 20 deaths, all over 70 years old in 2 months. 40% over 80. The Australian government has successfully instilled the fear of God in the general populace. They have just banned groups of more than 2. Just as in Thailand, the whole country is in a state of panic while their economies crumble.

What they should be doing is trying to find out why the mortality rates in Thailand and Australia are so low. Did no one think it might be a good idea to isolate the elderly population and keep the young population working? 

Yes, it is very bad in the US and Europe, but it's not the same in SE Asia. There is no exponential growth.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, henry2109 said:

I completely agree with you, I just do not get it why obviously so many posters here belong to the "shut it all down" and "why did not they do it earlier"-brigade?

They are 1 of 2 things

1) Worriers who need telling how to live their lives because they dont have the ability to make everyday decisions for themselves
2) Virtue signallers who think they look fantastic by bowing down, rolling over and having their tummies tickled

Or both

Edited by Walter Travolta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

They want to discourage people  from gathering together? ...    good idea.   ..so when will they close the street markets in East Pattaya, Padtanakan road, Soi kow ta lo   in particular which were operating  to near full capacity yesterday

If they hadn't closed all the bars and brought in these other measures, then next week there would  have been crowds of people throwing water at each other in Pattaya for at least 7 days.

The virus would certainly have had a good chance to flourish amongst that environment.

Not just in Pattaya, but in areas all over Thailand.