Chonburi ramps up virus measures - ALL bars and restaurants shut to patrons, alcohol sales BANNED after 6pm

webfact

Went to futurepark on Friday all the restaurants have tables set up for orders either in person or phone.  They also had about 30 grab motorbike riders waiting for orders.

You call MBK the restaurant prepares and it is sent out with a grab motorbike simple actually.

As to booze have afeeling that 5-6 is going to be very busy at 7/11

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stouricks said:

So booze can be sold from 6am, but not until 11am? And only after 5pm until 6pm?  lol

yeah! - why not get rid of all there double negatives...

and ReIssue the New Opening times as such? 

that there's only these 4 Totyal combined Open hours, divided into the 2 sessions...

- the 1100 to 1400

- and the 1700 to 1800

(p.s. I abhor the 12hour clock)

10 minutes ago, Leaver said:

When all of this is finished, who knows how many bars and restaurants will be left to cater for the westerners. 

those that are thinking ahead of the curve would be my guess

4 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

So exactly how is the food for take away to be ordered?   Are all restaurants going to be required to have a delivery service like Grab or will they use motortaxis?

You can go there and order and wait for it. I've been going to central festival and picnicking at the beach.

28 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Went to futurepark on Friday all the restaurants have tables set up for orders either in person or phone.  They also had about 30 grab motorbike riders waiting for orders.

You call MBK the restaurant prepares and it is sent out with a grab motorbike simple actually.

As to booze have afeeling that 5-6 is going to be very busy at 7/11

It's very easy to buy alcohol in Mom & Pap stores usually open 7am-6pm at least on the Dark Side in Pattaya.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

So exactly how is the food for take away to be ordered?   Are all restaurants going to be required to have a delivery service like Grab or will they use motortaxis?

This has been the case in Phuket for a couple of weeks now. Chonburi is just catching up. You can use grab, panda, phone the restaurant for delivery as many do that, or get on a motorbike and go there to order and collect, or do the same in your car. It’s no bother really

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Are they overreacting or understating?  ????

NO matter what they are dong it is better to over protect and keep the numbers low than it is to say not going to worry and treat it like there is nothing to it.  NYC tried that and look how good they are doing.  Their early idea was where a mask be careful where you cough and donot worry about travelling on crowded subway.

This like SARS and Ebola will get under some sort of control.  Personalty I think it is going to take a couple of years to get it completely under control.  As far as the the economy iof countries tht depend on tourism or businesses in countries that depend on tourists and big conventions they are screwed.  People are not going to be travelling in large numbers for a while outside their countries.  Vacations are going to be around the house or private areas.  

many of the malls are going to have to change their plan and goals.  The high ticket stores are not going to have the tourist out of country shoppers. places like MBK are going to have to forget about tourists and work to gain the Thai market back.

A few years ago people were righting off a beach in southern Thailand after people died.  It came back just like eventually Thailand will rise from the ashes but it is hopefully going to be a new Thailand

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wombat said:

those that are thinking ahead of the curve would be my guess

You've got to have the money to stay in the game, and even if you did, will the slow tourism rebuild here be worth hanging around for? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fred110 said:

This is getting ridiculous.  After months of the virus and Chinese tourists only 5 dead. They are overreacting.

They're late to the party. The peak happens 2 weeks after quarantine. 5 dead easily turns into hundreds dead during this time, *if* it follows similar patterns of growth seen elsewhere. You don't really want to gamble on that if. Earlier is much, much better.

US went from ~61 deaths (Mar-16) to > 3000 today, that's 50x in two weeks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

NO matter what they are dong it is better to over protect and keep the numbers low than it is to say not going to worry and treat it like there is nothing to it. 

They did NOTHING for so many weeks that I am sure infection rates must be higher. 

Then, when they finally do something, all the Thai "staff" from the tourist areas, which are high risk infection areas, were simply allowed to leave the province of their work and return home, mostly to Issan.  What a great move that was. 

77 provinces, 77 governors ... everyone makes their rules possibly different from the others ... where the emergency remains, in the event of an emergency the only one who should take measures and enforce them should be the PM ... WHERE IS HE???

Pattaya is designated as Special Administrative Organization by the Thai Government and as such has some, but not complete, autonomy from the Government of Chon Buri Province.   I would think, in addition to being the Province's premier party town, it was specifically mentioned in the article to make sure people know it is included in the order.

• Like 1

You will not see the true figures for a few weeks yet. The situation will only get worse as the government have let it get worse. From refusing to close the borders , to the mass exit of migrant workers , the continuing opening of malls, sports , bars and restaurants , the situation has been very badly handled and there has been a great cover up, and ignorance, of the truth. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Like I said in another thread, I like Thai food, but I don't want to eat it 7 nights a week. 

When all of this is finished, who knows how many bars and restaurants will be left to cater for the westerners. 

What's stopping you ordering non-Thai food?  Western restaurants can still do takeaway/delivery, fast-food and pizza places are open and there's always Indian/Mexican.