Chonburi ramps up virus measures - ALL bars and restaurants shut to patrons, alcohol sales BANNED after 6pm

webfact

6 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Way too slow to react to the threat of this virus...people in Chonburi will likely needlessly suffer as a result...

Its like these people have absolutely no idea of their own.

They seem to see some kind of restriction put in place in another Country and then act upon that restriction in bringing it to their own province or City here in Thailand.

Many people and Business,s will suffer needlessly due to the lack of vision and action from the Authorities.

Poor leadership in a time that requires strong leadership from intelligent and proactive Authorities, to combat this Virus.

• Like 2

goood, perfect all thailand need closed ALL bar and shop were can buy beer. i hope closed ALL this make to good all thailand closed ewery bar in country, next 6 month. then all drunkers go out country somewere other country i hope, africa have best place move all drunkers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

WOW , Brunei has banned restaurants and cafes from serving customers 2 weeks ago. ONLY TAKE AWAY is allowed. 

Thailand just waking up.....????????????????????

It has been like this in bkk for about a week now so i geuss chonburi is now comming out of it's rush from all the years of partying ???????? im a bit older now so i also need a bit more time to recover when i have been out the night before .

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Beaches remain open during the day but social distancing should be practiced. All beaches are out of bounds from 8pm to 6pm.

So the beaches are closed for 22 hours then? Just open from 6pm to 8pm...??? ????????

21 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Can someone please explain to me how picking up food and heading to a park or the beach with my wife to have a picnic is a health threat, any sort of hazard, or why it should be banned? Has anyone actually thought these "additional rules" through, or is this simply more inane nonsense from an army thirsty for power?

This is not the Zombie apocalypse. And nine deaths nationwide do not warrant such nonsense. That is less than the daily pedestrian death toll in Bangkok. 

It isn't because you are already with your wife. It's obvious such rules are intended to suppress gatherings of non-related people in public. Sharing food as is the Asian way is definitely a major way to pass this virus. Yes it's unfortunate that restrictions often include people and activities that aren't really the needed target. But practically how would it be enforced otherwise?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Like I said in another thread, I like Thai food, but I don't want to eat it 7 nights a week. 

When all of this is finished, who knows how many bars and restaurants will be left to cater for the westerners. 

Thai bars and restaurants will sell booze and food to foreigners.

You have never been to either??? Wow!!

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is not the Zombie apocalypse. And nine deaths nationwide do not warrant such nonsense. That is less than the daily pedestrian death toll in Bangkok. 

Get real, on the 12th of March the UK had reported 8 deaths due to COVID-19, Yesterday they reported 1,408. the UK has a similar population to Thailand and better sanitary and hygiene.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Like I said in another thread, I like Thai food, but I don't want to eat it 7 nights a week. 

When all of this is finished, who knows how many bars and restaurants will be left to cater for the westerners. 

There is always opportunity following a crisis. New bars and restaurants will open up.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It isn't because you are already with your wife. It's obvious such rules are intended to suppress gatherings of non-related people in public. Sharing food as is the Asian way is definitely a major way to pass this virus. Yes it's unfortunate that restrictions often include people and activities that aren't really the needed target. But practically how would it be enforced otherwise?

And sharing food is not a health hazard as long as minor precautions are taken. Do you really think people are sharing utensils and being that reckless at this stage? I see alot of Thais who are in a panic over this. It is possible that is exactly where the army wants them to be?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Get real, on the 12th of March the UK had reported 8 deaths due to COVID-19, Yesterday they reported 1,408. the UK has a similar population to Thailand and better sanitary and hygiene.   

Why would anybody believe anything the UK Governments or Media says ???
Their track record of lying is a million miles long !

The same goes for any Government and any Newspaper or TV Channel !

They constantly lie ... but now they say the truth ... sure

Edited by brain150
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SEtonal said:

The article is poorly written.  Originally, the article did not mention that alcohol sales have been banned between 6pm and 6am (the info is there now).

As for restaurants, you can go inside to place a take away order, but you cannot sit and eat/drink inside the restaurant. 

Another news website says that hotels can still offer sit down dining to registered hotel guests only.

In Chiang Mai the restaurants and coffe shop served only take away from one week ago.

4 minutes ago, brain150 said:

Why would anybody believe anything the UK Governments or Media says ???
Their track record of lying is a million miles long !

If anything they are grossly under reporting but one can not hide how this infection will keep spreading at an alarming rate, as I said time to get real and take it seriously.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Thai bars and restaurants will sell booze and food to foreigners.

You have never been to either??? Wow!!

Of course I've been to them.  How many of them will still be around when all of this is finished?  Obviously, this is having a huge effect on domestic tourism as well. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Leaver said:

There's nothing stopping me.  I have done that a few times.  I'm trying to support one of my favorite eateries by doing so. 

I am talking about ALL the restaurants, big and small, that cater for western tourists.  There's no tourists anymore, and there will not be any tourists for the foreseeable future, so many will close their doors, and who knows how many of them will actually reopen?

Do you seriously think that when the shutdown has been lifted, planes full of tourists will flock back immediately, and everything will pick up where it left off?  I don't think so.

A lot of these bars and restaurants will cease to operate, and the landlord will be looking for a new tenant.   

There's your business opportunity. Stake the gf for a million or two baht and you're  on easy street surrounded by grateful farangs. Practically a king.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

There is always opportunity following a crisis. New bars and restaurants will open up.

That is true, but as I have said, the rebuild will be slow here, and taking place in an economic situation somewhere between a global recession and a global depression. 

Would you open a bar or restaurant in Pattaya under those conditions for tourism? 

2 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

There's your business opportunity. Stake the gf for a million or two baht and you're  on easy street surrounded by grateful farangs. Practically a king.

Those "grateful farang" will only be an aging, and mostly financially challenged, expat population. (no disrespect)  The tourists will not be back for quite some time after the all clear is given. 

There will be no silver lining at the end of this for the hospitality and tourism industry. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Yes i find it bizarre that Thailand have shut their country down, and ruined millions of people over 9 deaths, yet are happy that 30,000 Thais are killed on the roads every year.

It's not about 9 deaths. It's about preventing millions of deaths. Just do a little simple math. For example if 70 percent of the Thai population is infected before there is a vaccine (easy to happen) and the ultimate mortality rate is "only" .5 percent (it could be much higher) then there you go. Not nine deaths. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1