BANGKOK

My Non-O for retirement ends on April 22.

My bank account had the proper amount of money in the bank starting on Jan. 25 2020.

Can I go to immigration a few days late, and show them the money in the bank for Jan 25-April 25?

TIA,

Charlie 

Did you keep a balance of 400K in the account up until Jan 25th?

The 800K is only required to be in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application according to the amended orders.

You have already had the money in the bank for the required 2 months (changed from 3 months last year). You could  apply for your extension today.

• Like 1

Is your "Non O for retirement" (more accurately your permission to stay) the initial 90 days you received when entering Thailand using a Non O visa; or is it already an extended permission to stay, with you having received a one-year extension last year? This is highly relevant as the rules for this year's extension are different depending on whether or not it is your first extension.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks so much folks!

I am on my sixth year here. I had a money issue a year ago (maybe due to my misunderstanding?) and I did a Mae Sai border crossing and immediately back, and then got my new visa after that.

Am I good to go with 2 months? My account never went below B500,000

42 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

Yes you are as long as it did go below 800k baht for 3 months after you applied for your extension last year.

14 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

Do I have to get the bank to show my bank book for the entire year?

Some offices are wanting a one year bank statement from the bank.

Unless you updated your bank book every month it would not likely show the entire year.

1 hour ago, charliebadenhop said:

(4) At least 2 months prior to filing date and at least 3 months after being granted permission, the alien must have fund deposit in a Thai bank in Thailand of no less than THB 800,000. The alien can then withdraw the fund 3 month after being granted permission and the remaining balance must be no less than THB 400,000.

Order35-2561 change 327-2557 (2019) Eng.pdf

Did your balance remain at or above 800K for 3 months following last years extension?

16 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

Do I have to get the bank to show my bank book for the entire year?

They may request a 12 month bank statement which will have to be order at your local branch.

Your passbook should be updated and copies of every page for the previous year supplied.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have already had the money in the bank for the required 2 months (changed from 3 months last year). You could  apply for your extension today.

Do you have a link to this latest order changing the requirements for keeping 400000 in a Thai Bank for only 2 month on consecutive Non-O extensions based on Thai Wife?
I'm sure its here somewhere but I cant find it, and I would like to show it to my Visa Agent who is insisting it is still 3 Month.

am i reading this right, for a retirement extension we don't now need to keep 400K in the bank all year, we can spend down the 800K then once the extension runs out, go get a new non-o and start all over again?

sounds too good to be true! they can't actually allow this repeatedly? 

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

am i reading this right, for a retirement extension we don't now need to keep 400K in the bank all year, we can spend down the 800K then once the extension runs out, go get a new non-o and start all over again?

The problem is that theoretically the moment your balance falls under 400k your extension is void.

I think usually nobody will check this, but if you run into the wrong IO...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:

Do you have a link to this latest order changing the requirements for keeping 400000 in a Thai Bank for only 2 month on consecutive Non-O extensions based on Thai Wife?

It has been 2 months for over a decade for extensions based upon marriage.

Maybe this page on the immigration website will be enough. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income
of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in
Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

Your certainly reading it wrong.

The financial requirements for extensions based on retirement or marriage are totally different.

For retirement, the funds requirement (800K) for 2020 is to have maintained 800k for 3 months from your previous extension in a Thai bank, then 400K for the remaining period up to 2 months prior to your 2020 application date,  when the balance must be topped up to 800K again.

Effectively 5 months @ 800K, 7 months @ 400K.

For marriage, the funds requirement is 400K for 2 months prior to the date of application.

It's recommend to maintain that balance whilst your application is under consideration.

Once the extension is granted there is no requirement to keep any funds in a Thai bank until 2 months before submitting a new application.

Effectively 3 months @ 400K, 9 months no financial requirement.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1