Pattaya finally gets the Covid-19 message - It is a lock down in all but name

webfact

Pattaya finally gets the Covid-19 message - It is a lock down in all but name

IMG_2930-2.jpg
Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media reported that Pattaya was effectively in lock down. 

77kaoded published an article with a captioned picture of a deserted area that said: No difference to a lock down. 

They said that when a whole swathe of places including bars, clubs and restaurants were ordered shut on March 18th many did not comply. 

IMG_2935-3.jpg

Many flouted the urgent instructions to help contain the spread of Covid-19.

Then the authorities moved in to enforce the ban which is now being observed. 

They reported that very little remained open, there were hardly any vehicles on the streets and the beach at night was deserted. 

IMG_2923-1.jpg

The latest announcements to make all restaurants take away only merely added to the ghost town feel of the once thriving resort. 

Pattaya - the former Queen of the Eastern Seaboard - has lost her crown. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-31
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, William Osborne said:

Meanwhile Pattaya emigration rammed with foreigners trying to get visa extensions...???? 

Yes. Sad but true. I was there yesterday for the same reason. I could not believe how crowded it was there..Unbelievable 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

the unique Pattaya expat, that strong individualist, that rush in where angels fear to tread, with their Vin Diesel and I just got out of prison looks are standing up to the virus. 

we here in Hua Hin are washing our hands every time we walk from one room to another. 

you must wash everything you touch and someone else is likely to touch lol

Been to Hua Hin - just as mucky as Pattaya

Edited by smedly

2 minutes ago, Tom79 said:

I hear from some Thai people that they now can’t get out of Pattaya? Police blocking the roads? If you want to leave they put you in 2 week quarantine camp. This true or fake news? Anyone know?

I believe that is true

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, johng said:

I think Bangkok is still the epicentre..but no doubt in my mind Pattaya not far behind.

Bangkok is still waiting for a full lockdown. Most offices are still open and people still going to work.  I would expect moving to a full lockdown soon, then Immigration will have to close.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

I believe that is true

Wow. Shame they did not do that before all the workers left and took the virus back to their home towns! Seems to be all done the wrong way around. There is no one in Pattaya now anyway. Its a ghost town.

Edited by Tom79
spelling
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

the unique Pattaya expat, that strong individualist, that rush in where angels fear to tread, with their Vin Diesel and I just got out of prison looks are standing up to the virus. 

we here in Hua Hin are washing our hands every time we walk from one room to another. 

Seems to be working then.

2069035893_theotherside.jpg.fea2d6c93ba35d6ca3299de37ba5bf59.jpg

1 hour ago, Tom79 said:

I hear from some Thai people that they now can’t get out of Pattaya? Police blocking the roads? If you want to leave they put you in 2 week quarantine camp. This true or fake news? Anyone know?

Those measures are all over Thailand, restricted travel to other towns and provinces, not only Pattaya. There are no quarantine camps, you just need a good reason to travel or wont be allowed..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom79 said:

Phuket's the one getting into serious travel bans, not Pattaya.

...for now anyway.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Those measures are all over Thailand, restricted travel to other towns and provinces, not only Pattaya. There are no quarantine camps, you just need a good reason to travel or wont be allowed..

There's at least 1 'quarantine camp' in Ubon. They are an open holding area for the transients to serve out their 14-day quarantine. It looks like each province can take its own preventative measures and precautions.

• Sad 1