Pattaya finally gets the Covid-19 message - It is a lock down in all but name

webfact

12 hours ago, Tom79 said:

Study from the WHO. Airborne spread has not been reported for COVID-19.

There are two examples of major spread and infection that make that claim appear incorrect. One, I believe, is how Spain got so massively infected so quickly... football fans who traveled to  Lombardo area, and closer to home, a boxing stadium in Bangkok. 

8 hours ago, Eindhoven said:
17 hours ago, Tom79 said:

Why is everyone wearing face masks anyway?? Face mask does <deleted> all. It’s not airborne. You catch it when an infected person touches and object and then you touch it within a few hours and proceed to touch your eyes, nose or mouth. You don’t breathe it in unless someone coughs in your face..but <deleted> anyway since it will be in your eyes. ????‍♂️

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/31/calls-grow-for-germany-wide-use-of-face-masks-covid-19

Some comment on the efficacy of masks is expected from unexpected quarters (my emphasis).

"It is a matter of orthodoxy at the UK Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) that surgical facemasks are a no-no as far as the public are concerned. Officials have long taken the view that paper masks do not protect against viruses and do not hold emergency stocks of them.

That thinking, like so much else, is now being tested. On Tuesday, the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) – a long standing ally of Whitehall in the no-mask camp – was reported to be about to change its advice. Surgical masks should be used, not for personal protection, but to protect others from Covid-19, it was expected to announce."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/face-masks-have-asking-wrong-question-along/

• Like 1

As a guest here I will obey any decree's issued by Thailand.

However, I totally believe that Sweden has the right idea and the lockdown is nothing but denial.

COVID-19 will mutate and return again and again. 

Get it, get over it and get on with it.

In this case, the alleged cure will cause more damage than the disease.

(This is only my personal opinion and it won't change). 

On 4/2/2020 at 7:16 PM, gsalba said:

As a guest here I will obey any decree's issued by Thailand.

However, I totally believe that Sweden has the right idea and the lockdown is nothing but denial.

COVID-19 will mutate and return again and again. 

Get it, get over it and get on with it.

In this case, the alleged cure will cause more damage than the disease.

(This is only my personal opinion and it won't change). 

Do you think your elderly family members would feel the same way?