Monks wear face masks on alms rounds

webfact

Monks wear face masks on alms rounds

By The Nation

800_a8aac1276336590.jpg?v=1585628320

Tatchadon Panyaphanitkul

Phra Maha Somkiat Yansuttho and his novices from Wat Matchan Tikaram wore face masks while they went out to ask for alms and have a conversation with neighbouring residents in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

DL7A0671.jpg

He learned from the internet that the production cost of face masks would be less than Bt20 so he decided to make them for everyone in the temple.

DL7A0745.jpg

DL7A0642.jpg

DL7A0812.jpg

Source: http://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385116?utm_source=homepage_hilight&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-31

While it's a good move and will hopefully reinforce mask use into the locals minds, I do wonder about the transmission via contact on surfaces.

If for example there's a packet containing food or drink put into the alms bowl, that could be a weak link.

3 hours ago, fishtank said:

Monks are still walking round our village every morning with no protection and potentially spreading the virus.

Crazy.

They should help thailand in these hard days...they must be immune to the virus with all their amulets and praying?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

While it's a good move and will hopefully reinforce mask use into the locals minds, I do wonder about the transmission via contact on surfaces.

If for example there's a packet containing food or drink put into the alms bowl, that could be a weak link.

Not to mention they are barefoot! ????????

1 hour ago, PhilAtUbon said:

Those parasitic ticks will do absolutely anything to continue screwing the local poor people for their own upkeep and grand lifestyle.

They sicken me.

Vague comment there Philip. Can you be more forthright please?

Seriously.

They really should be taking all the necessary precautions, & be wearing latex gloves. Wonder why it's not been done earlier - are they somehow 'above' being given advice?

On 3/31/2020 at 1:26 PM, sanuk711 said:

An Buddha Amulet to protect you from bullets..........a face mask for Covid-19.......................

dont forget no seatbelts and no helmets necessary either, its insane way more are going to die daily on the roads than  this  virus but there they go facemask on and no helmet

On 3/31/2020 at 4:17 PM, 30la said:

Here I see only one in ten with the mask ...

I saw 7 crammed in the illegal pickup bed travel  arrangement at my local  money gougers sorry temple  a  few  days  ago

Edited by Chazar
  • Like 1

1 metre  distance in the photo op?.............and surely anyway "what  will be  will be " Buddha  philosophy? all items  given them of  course  will be  sterilised right? no virus on them................PATHETIC VIRUS SPREADING monkhood, clueless govt, lethargy in many cases from the population.........but wear a mask as "appearance " is everything even when your  digging bogies out of your nose every 5 minutes, putting your  hands  up to your  face on the permanently welded to head  phone and the up down yo-yo eating charade with mask on.....the very mask your  not  supposed to touch, the very mask you should be washing hands  before  putting on the very mask you should be removing by the straps   only and washing hands and the  very mask you  should be changing frequently..............you are changing them frequently  right?not for sure wearing them for days  on end?nonsense the whole charade

Edited by Chazar
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2020 at 2:21 PM, bluesofa said:

I do wonder about the transmission via contact on surfaces.

The MAIN TRANSMISSION and hence distancing,  not  walking  round the entire  population daily spreading it.........

On 3/31/2020 at 3:43 PM, Krataiboy said:

Commendable gesture, but . . . If the Thai government is serious about defeating the virus, it should order the temporary closure of all temples, churches and mosques.

Tell resident monks/priests/imams to provision up and stay inside - and pray for the rest of us.

spot  on, but forget the prayer

On 3/31/2020 at 9:43 PM, Venom said:

Not to mention they are barefoot! ????????

another gripe (  yes  I  know its  all i  know) for  me barefoot, get virus  on foot spread it  round on an indoor  tile , next barefoot   victim walks in..shops  that ask me to take  my shoes off Ive always  avoided, im a  customer and its not convenient, you want to sell me something.