Thailand reports 127 new COVID-19 cases, and one death

webfact

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

Good news, it's actually gone down a bit from the trend of the last five days. I know the numbers are unreliable, but look at what people are saying about the statistics in the UK and US, they're no better than Thailand's. To be honest, given the uncertainty around the virus and its effects, I think I'd rather be in Thailand with a steady increase of 120-140/day than in a place where "better" data show that they're doubling every two or three days.

I know, just call me an ostrich, lol.

CEO-Magazine-Ostrich-strategy.jpg.0d653af4631918ad7475936364468eae.jpg

I spoke to several of my friends up here  in Sakon Nakhon .We all feal the same

You gotta admit it now....Thailand has the best medical system in the whole world.....never more than one death a day.....look how bad the Yanks are faring, dying by the 100,000 and with a supposed first world medical system that costs the earth. 

Thaland's costs next to nothing and is saving hundreds of coronavirus lives. People, is this the best place in the world to be at this moment? C'mon yes or no?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

You gotta admit it now....Thailand has the best medical system in the whole world.....never more than one death a day.....look how bad the Yanks are faring, dying by the 100,000 and with a supposed first world medical system that costs the earth. 

Thaland's costs next to nothing and is saving hundreds of coronavirus lives. People, is this the best place in the world to be at this moment? C'mon yes or no?

Of course it is, if you want to drink from the cup and believe all you hear and of curse god save us when the truth finally surfaces.  Just like walking on a nice clean beach and then stepping on used needles that have been buried, and all of the other waste buried just below the surface.....well then, sorry my opinion, is my opinion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

The big problem that we have here is that Thais will not stop travelling and the Thai government will not make a national call for anything.   

Well if that's still the case then that clearly needs to stop.

For instance my GF works in a hospital and had heard nothing about Hydrocloriquin and the  the studies being done.

It makes sense not to distribute information about a drug that is not proven effective in times of crisis. Chloroquine is well worth a study but so far results are scarce and questionable.

We can not treat people with monks and prayers and aspirin.  

Anything that makes patients feel more comfortable helps to promote a good outcome. Aspirin works really well to control a fever, especially now there a signs that NSAID's make SARS2 more effective. I've already stocked up on aspirin just in case.

Doctors need guidance adn they need a national team that is working on the cure not waiting for the US or Chin (god forbid) to bring them the cure.

This is a global problem. All doctors are waiting for researchers to bring them a cure. It doesn't really matter where the cure comes from.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Shame to see numbers still above 100 per day, but encouraging that it isn't getting larger each day by the amounts other countries are seeing.

Let's wait and see what the happens in the villages after last weekend's exodus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AgentSmith said:

People should realize that most countries don't do large scale testing because those test kits are simply scarce. South Korea is a notable exception as they've been doing 15.000 tests per day on average.

These daily numbers still matter as they're a good indicator of how many people end up in hospitals. As long as it remains stable day to day that's a huge deal because it means the virus isn't spreading fast. But of course there's also a delay of about a week. If a week from now it's still around 100 daily then all those people leaving Bangkok for their hometowns haven't spread the virus.

Also the current covid-19 test isn't 100% reliable. There are false negatives, especially in cases where someone has a low count of virus particles. There will be a blood plasma test in a couple weeks that checks for specific SARS2 antibodies. That'll be much more reliable, and useful because it also checks if you've contracted the virus say months ago. As soon as it goes live I will surely have myself and my family tested.

In the UK you only get tested at the moment if you end up in hospital pretty much, and you only end up in hospital if you are close to dying. However 5-10k tests are still done every day, compared to Thailand 500hundred or so 

My son lives in Oakland CA and is pretty sure he has a moderate case and where he got it. Strangely, his 4 1/2 month old infant shows no signs, yet. But within a very roughly 50 mile radius from him very roughly 50 people have died from it. So yes, with all the probable misreporting I'm still glad I'm here in Bangkok and not in the Bay Area-even if I don't know what's going on really.

The numbers tested doesn't really matter . Most countries have serious problems in testing amounts . What does matter is hospital admissions and deaths , no matter the reason . If the hospitals are full and/or the amount of deaths soars , it is save to say that there is a big outbreak . Tested confirmed or not .

Now the numbers at the moment surprise me and i always said the numbers are a lie . However , i do not hear massive deaths appear , or hospitals being more full then they always have been . Maybe the numbers are roughly correct ( meaning , sure the 1 death might be 10 , but it isn't 1000 ) . Prob transmission rate has got something to do with it ( temp / UV / humidity ? ) or might be that due to food or genetic thing . So much is unknown ... .

For example , in Italy there is a village which do not have any case at all , while it is in the middle of epicenter and loads of old people live there . They are in research now how this is possible , food / air / blood ???

• Like 2

Many Thai's have a fascination with gore. For example you may have seen graphic pictures of road accidents, suicides, knife wounds etc on various Thai websites and on their Facebook pages (before they are removed). If they were carting out dozens of dead bodies from hospitals due to the virus someone would be snapping photos and posting it online. I'm not saying it's time to let down your guard but I do not think we have a crisis here in Thailand, more of a manageable disaster.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mung said:

In the UK you only get tested at the moment if you end up in hospital pretty much, and you only end up in hospital if you are close to dying. However 5-10k tests are still done every day, compared to Thailand 500hundred or so 

That is incorrect - go check again 

Thailand reports 136 new COVID-19 cases as new infection rate slows

000_1Q39TS-1.jpg

People have their temperatures checked amid concerns over the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus at the immigration post in Myawaddy near the Thai border on March 23, 2020, as thousands of people crossed from Thailand as the border crossings were due to close because of the growing pandemic. – Tens of thousands of migrant labourers from Laos and Myanmar flooded bus stations and border crossings in Thailand on March 23, defying requests to stay put to prevent exporting infections of the deadly coronavirus. (Photo by STR / AFP)

The rise rate of new COVID-19 infections in Thailand has slowed down over the past three days, from 143 on Sunday to 136 on Monday and 127 today. Medical experts have, however, cautioned that the continuing rise, albeit slower, remains of concern because the contagion has now spread to 61 of the country’s 76 provinces.

Dr. Thaveesilp Wissanuyothing, at the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), said today that the latest new infections bring the total in Thailand to 1,651, and the death toll has risen by one to 10.

He said that Bangkok is still the epicentre of the pandemic in the country, with 869 confirmed cases, followed by Nonthaburi with 79 and 56 in Phuket.

Regarding the boxing stadium and entertainment venue clusters, Dr. Thaveesilp said that rate of new infections from the two clusters is slowing, after the virus’s 14-day incubation period, “but there are still risks posed by an increasing number of Thais returning from abroad.”

He made clear that no harsher measures would need to be imposed if the public cooperate fully, by strictly observing and complying with the preventive measures already announced.

For work places which are still operating, Dr. Thaveesilp said the Government has sought cooperation from these businesses, by allowing their employees to work from home or take leave to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus.

According to the CCSA, 15 locations around the country with high infection rates are:

• Bangkok 795 cases
  • Nonthaburi  79 cases
  • Phuket  55 cases
  • Yala  48 cases
  • Samut Prakan  41 cases
  • Chon Buri  40 cases
  • Pattani  33 cases
  • Songkhla  30 cases
  • Chiang Mai  22 cases
  • Pathum Thani  17 cases
  • Ubon Ratchathani  13 cases
  • Surat Thani 11 cases
  • Nakhon Ratchasima  11 cases
  • Buri Ram Surin 10 cases
  • Nakhon Pathom  10 cases
  • Kanchanaburi    9 cases
  • Samut Sakhon    9 cases

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-reports-136-new-covid-19-cases-as-new-infection-rate-slows/

thaipbs.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-03-31

confirmed cases
DEATH RATE
all cases
80+ years old
21.9%
14.8%
70-79 years old

8.0%
60-69 years old

3.6%
50-59 years old

1.3%
40-49 years old

0.4%
30-39 years old

0.2%
20-29 years old

0.2%
10-19 years old

0.2%
0-9 years old

no fatalities

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

47 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Let's wait and see what the happens in the villages after last weekend's exodus.

Would we learn of it? Will there be as much (or as little) testing available as at the beginning (and even now) in Bangkok?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, webfact said:
  • Bangkok 795 cases
  • Nonthaburi  79 cases
  • Phuket  55 cases
  • Yala  48 cases
  • Samut Prakan  41 cases
  • Chon Buri  40 cases
  • Pattani  33 cases
  • Songkhla  30 cases
  • Chiang Mai  22 cases
  • Pathum Thani  17 cases
  • Surat Thani 11 cases

wheres  Prachuap  KhiriKhan  gone then?

3 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:
confirmed cases
DEATH RATE
all cases
80+ years old
21.9%
14.8%
70-79 years old

8.0%
60-69 years old

3.6%
50-59 years old

1.3%
40-49 years old

0.4%
30-39 years old

0.2%
20-29 years old

0.2%
10-19 years old

0.2%
0-9 years old

no fatalities

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

Thats the world man! For now Thailand is my world!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thailand reports 136 new COVID-19 cases as new infection rate slows

000_1Q39TS-1.jpg

People have their temperatures checked amid concerns over the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus at the immigration post in Myawaddy near the Thai border on March 23, 2020, as thousands of people crossed from Thailand as the border crossings were due to close because of the growing pandemic. – Tens of thousands of migrant labourers from Laos and Myanmar flooded bus stations and border crossings in Thailand on March 23, defying requests to stay put to prevent exporting infections of the deadly coronavirus. (Photo by STR / AFP)

The rise rate of new COVID-19 infections in Thailand has slowed down over the past three days, from 143 on Sunday to 136 on Monday and 127 today. Medical experts have, however, cautioned that the continuing rise, albeit slower, remains of concern because the contagion has now spread to 61 of the country’s 76 provinces.

Dr. Thaveesilp Wissanuyothing, at the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), said today that the latest new infections bring the total in Thailand to 1,651, and the death toll has risen by one to 10.

He said that Bangkok is still the epicentre of the pandemic in the country, with 869 confirmed cases, followed by Nonthaburi with 79 and 56 in Phuket.

Regarding the boxing stadium and entertainment venue clusters, Dr. Thaveesilp said that rate of new infections from the two clusters is slowing, after the virus’s 14-day incubation period, “but there are still risks posed by an increasing number of Thais returning from abroad.”

He made clear that no harsher measures would need to be imposed if the public cooperate fully, by strictly observing and complying with the preventive measures already announced.

For work places which are still operating, Dr. Thaveesilp said the Government has sought cooperation from these businesses, by allowing their employees to work from home or take leave to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus.

According to the CCSA, 15 locations around the country with high infection rates are:

• Bangkok 795 cases
  • Nonthaburi  79 cases
  • Phuket  55 cases
  • Yala  48 cases
  • Samut Prakan  41 cases
  • Chon Buri  40 cases
  • Pattani  33 cases
  • Songkhla  30 cases
  • Chiang Mai  22 cases
  • Pathum Thani  17 cases
  • Surat Thani 11 cases

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-reports-136-new-covid-19-cases-as-new-infection-rate-slows/

thaipbs.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-03-31

Udon Thani is not even on this list! 

Here's a great source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Thailand

Edited by Isaanbiker

2 hours ago, AgentSmith said:

You did read the rest of my post did you? What you describe is the case in most countries, western countries included. There simply aren't enough test kits available except in a few countries that stocked up well in advance. This is unfortunate but it will also become a non-issue as soon as blood plasma antibody tests become available. We all just need a little patience, that's all.

Yes I read the rest of your post.Other countries a have and are doing massive testing and as Thailand had ample warning that it was "the most vulnerable country" due to the amount of Chinese visitors it did nothing to prepare itself for this virus refusing to restrict Chinese visitors and saying stupid things like "it's 100% under control"when instead it could have been spending big on tests with funds allocated to alleviating economic woes (filling the trough) instead of fighting the disease.Saying there's not enough test is a cop out when other countries are do massive testing.How do you know there are not enough tests anyway?Do you have some inside info?Soon there might be more patients than patience. 

4 minutes ago, offset said:

I not see any reported cases in Sakon

I don't see anything period . It seems like they forgot about  it

Edited by riclag