Thailand reports 127 new COVID-19 cases, and one death

webfact

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Totally unreliable stats as they are testing those seeking treatment (who believe they have COVID-19) rather then general population.

And close contacts to known cases, and people who are known to have visited hot spots. The MoPH website has details like specific buses and van trips, entertainment venues etc   with request for people on/at them to come in for testing. Also testing returnees from abroad.

I am not sure that they test everyone seeking treatment. Only if certain criteria met.

1 hour ago, wasabi said:

Many Thai's have a fascination with gore. For example you may have seen graphic pictures of road accidents, suicides, knife wounds etc on various Thai websites and on their Facebook pages (before they are removed). If they were carting out dozens of dead bodies from hospitals due to the virus someone would be snapping photos and posting it online. I'm not saying it's time to let down your guard but I do not think we have a crisis here in Thailand, more of a manageable disaster.

Have you ever seen a Green Room in a hospital?, it's the basement level refrigerator cooler where they store bodies, before the Coroner can do an Autopsy and the family identifies the deceased.  We always called it the decomp room and that's where during the Rodney King Riots deceased persons were kept.  I may be wrong, but I do not think the hospital releases the body of the deceased immediately to the family upon the pronunciation of death.  Even then I know of at least a dozen people, over the past 10 years here, all of whom were my ex-wife's relatives, who died at home, and never were taken to the hospital. Instead a local police officer came by, and if they were elderly they took a small report, and then the body was put in a cooler coffin at the house for the obligatory 3, 5, or 7 day funeral ceremony.  How many of this type of a death scenario has possibly occurred, which could have been COVID-19, over the past two months here in the provinces.  Of course then how many of the family have even been checked other then to be given medications and told to stay at home until it got worse if they had similar symptoms the elderly family member had before they kicked off....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, hugh mckee said:

it's pretty obvious that this disease does not spread in Thailand's climate anything like it does in cooler areas, if it did there would be photos appearing

of dead people on the streets which was the case in China.

Out here in the village when the people get sick and die the put them in the coffin and people come and pay their respects for a couple of days then it's off to the local temple where the body is cremated no testing is done.So it is entirely possible that cases of covid19 deaths (perhaps even lots of them) go undetected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

You gotta admit it now....Thailand has the best medical system in the whole world.....never more than one death a day.....

To be counted as death from covid, you will have to have passed the gauntlet of getting in the PUI line and then having a confirmed diagnosis. That alone is a mighty fine filter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Out here in the village when the people get sick and die the put them in the coffin and people come and pay their respects for a couple of days then it's off to the local temple where the body is cremated no testing is done.So it is entirely possible that cases of covid19 deaths (perhaps even lots of them) go undetected.

I agree with you , like i said tested says nothing . Full hospitals or deaths are the ones to look out for . I do not speak of the official numbers  , but if there are many people dying in the villages , much more then normal , the news would come out . When you live in a village and you got like 1 funeral for 10 days and suddenly you got 3 known , well you know something is wrong . If they are counted / tested / gone to hospital or not doesn't matter . They died , and if they didn't die of car crash or a similar thing , it just might as well be Covid .

Off topic posts and replies have been removed.  This topic is about:

127 new Covid-19 cases take Thailand's total to 1,651

By The Nation

The total number of Covid-19 cases in Thailand rose to 1,651 with 127 new infections confirmed over a 24-hour period while one person died, Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the government's Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Tuesday (March 31).

The rate of infection didn't slow down. The problem is that Thailand is not testing enough to show the real picture. Testing less than 700 people a day will give you similar results of around 100 people people a day. We could do that forever. The numbers will be the same tomorrow, and then after tomorrow if they still test less than 700 people a day.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kevin612 said:

I would like to see one more number which is the active cases of covid 19. Because some people recovered from Coronavirus.

Check this website that is  map of covid situation around the world including Thailand.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Edited by Thunder26
  • Like 1

Eventually there'll be herd immunity in Thailand probably sooner than most places but until I see the case load heading back towards zero worldwide I'll keep wearing my mask and cleaning my hands (which I already do) and social distancing. Personally I think the situation is not dire in Thailand but that doesn't mean I am going to rush back to the local bar just because Thailand gives the all-clear and invites waves of Chinese tourists back. Remember all these debates are based on speculation and partial information but the virus wherever it may be doesn't care about funny math so it's every one for themselves in the end.

8 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:
confirmed cases
DEATH RATE
all cases
80+ years old
21.9%
14.8%
70-79 years old

8.0%
60-69 years old

3.6%
50-59 years old

1.3%
40-49 years old

0.4%
30-39 years old

0.2%
20-29 years old

0.2%
10-19 years old

0.2%
0-9 years old

no fatalities

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

What is the point quoting that? Obviously people die when the reach old age, corona

virus or not.

On 3/31/2020 at 2:07 PM, AgentSmith said:

Why?

What does that mean?

Then I'm really curious to her analysis of the data because compared to other European countries Germany is doing extremely well with few cases in hospitals. What reasons does your mum have to think this is gonna take a turn for the worst?

Your first two questions:

Very little testing, low number of cases

Last question:

I was quoting the situation in Italy from media coverage

On 3/31/2020 at 12:50 PM, Katy Gorice said:

the magical 100 a day ...

how many would they get if they actually would test 1000 - 10.000 people a day

Keep the testing to a minimum , less positive cases , the better .

Keep face , important more ...