Big C Extra Masks Required

gerrygoat

The mask theater is taken seriously by the newly minted Big C extra security door people.....You can not get in without one....

But all is not lost most stores seem satisfied enough if you are at least making a half-ass effort at participating....So the mask does not need to be fully on all the time.....I dont think some people can breath good with the masks... 

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

That he whined about no alcohol after 11 AM is another story (in Thailand for more than 10 years).

Now no alcohol from 6PM till 6AM either  as well as the  previous ( past military government) time rules.

16 minutes ago, johng said:

Now no alcohol from 6PM till 6AM either  as well as the  previous ( past military government) time rules.

So what are the actual hours you can buy alcohol?  Since there are already restrictions on what hours you can buy alcohol......  

1 minute ago, fforest1 said:

So what are the actual hours you can buy alcohol?

So as far as I can tell ( today tomorrow who knows )  its  11 AM till 2PM   and 5PM to 6PM that you can actually buy alcohol..but you can still drink it 24 hours but only at home...not at a restaurant on the beach or outside 7/11.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fforest1 said:

So what are the actual hours you can buy alcohol?  Since there are already restrictions on what hours you can buy alcohol......  

so how to watch out hands ?!

????

6 hours ago, johng said:

So as far as I can tell ( today tomorrow who knows )  its  11 AM till 2PM

Yes and I got it wrong in my post. No alcohol BEFORE 11 AM.

One reason why I go early to MAKRO before the piles of alc cartons are shoved to the check outs.

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The World Health Organisation (WHO) says:

- If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.

Since they are being required in and around Pattaya this is of little relevance. The WHO has also been praising Chinese transparency (haha)  and the much belated classification of Covid as pandemic and Chinese support of Tedros make the organisation one to eye critically. 

If medical professionals (who I resume are healthy) are wearing masks, I guess there is reason enough for me to. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Exactly. The chance of dying from Corona is 10 million to one. The chance of dying in a motorbike accident is 2000 to one.

What silliness. I can improve my odds by not riding nor being a passenger on a motorcycle. 

Aren't there already over 42000 who have died of Corona, and over 32,000 currently critical, so your 1 in 10 million odds are shortening fast! 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What silliness. I can improve my odds by not riding nor being a passenger on a motorcycle. 

Aren't there already over 42000 who have died of Corona, and over 32,000 currently critical, so your 1 in 10 million odds are shortening fast! 

We are talking about Thailand. Only 9 dead so far.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, lifeincnx said:

SIMPLE: If you are NOT wearing a mask when entering stores, and other venues more populated you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Cheap 2 baht masks don't protect anybody from any thing pretty much everybody agrees with this....Its all for theater...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i was happy to see yesterday in Hua Hin almost 90% masks on everyone.

Villa Market, Makro, around town. 

a big change from two weeks ago.

exceptions were farang idiots, young Russian looking people with their young children, a few selfish and arrogant young farang men. surprised to see farang women without masks in Makro and not a care in the world and zero social distancing in the stores.   

there is still a forgetfulness on the part of older farangs about keeping your distance in check out lines. but at least big improvement.  

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

whined about no alcohol after 11 AM

Where are you living? 

Everywhere in Thailand you can get Alcohol after 11am (till 2pm).

You shoul be carful spreading fake news ... even on April fools day ????

• Like 1

The latest from the US CDC is that N-95 masks should NOT be worn because they are in such need at hospitals.  Non-N-95 masks SHOULD be worn but not to protect you.  The protect everyone else.  The virus can easily pass into a non-N-95 mask but the droplets from a cough or sneeze cannot easily exit even a simple mask.

As far as alcohol sales go, sales of alcohol here in the Philippines has been totally banned for three days without any military dictatorship. 

Lucky I had some at home to wear, but can't find them for sale in Phuket even at the stores that demand you wear them. Probably bought up by the motorbike riders protecting themselves from that deadly virus whilst forgetting to put a helmet on. Great protection

27 minutes ago, CH1961 said:

Where are you living? 

Everywhere in Thailand you can get Alcohol after 11am (till 2pm).

You shoul be carful spreading fake news ... even on April fools day ????

he already admitted he made a mistake in post #12 - try and keep up!

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If medical professionals (who I resume are healthy) are wearing masks, I guess there is reason enough for me to. 

Surgeons usually wear masks so they don't spread germs etc to patients. If treating many people who are sick, then yes of course makes sense to wear a mask. I'm not a fan of the WHO anyway, they are pressurising countries to follow lockdowns etc which is killing economies

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Surgeons usually wear masks so they don't spread germs etc to patients. If treating many people who are sick, then yes of course makes sense to wear a mask. I'm not a fan of the WHO anyway, they are pressurising countries to follow lockdowns etc which is killing economies

Surgeons wear real masks......I will not wear these worthless 2 baht masks unless necessary..

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 1