Big C Extra Masks Required

gerrygoat

21 hours ago, johng said:

Now no alcohol from 6PM till 6AM either  as well as the  previous ( past military government) time rules.

It was actually under Taksin 1st Jan 2006 the present laws regarding times came into effect

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

It was actually under Taksin 1st Jan 2006

No I believe the laws where brought in by a previous military government but where never really enforced until as you say "Thaksin" revived them  for a shortish while during some crisis  or other  I remember  they shut supermarkets and petrol stations too during that time..but the restrictions where soon relaxed again..until the latest coup.

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

loads available from Pattaya tai or Buakhao, cotton ones but they are all mostly ineffective and just for show, when in rome.

and as a reminder,

The World Health Organisation (WHO) says:

- If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.

- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.

The main/only reason the WHO  told that is because in many countries there is not enough masks even for doctors and nurses, not to speak about police officers in contact with many people, but nevethrtless a 12 years old boys would understand, since it is now well known that to start with, already infected people are contagious WITHOUT SYMPTOMS if everyone is wearing a mask those people will be less contagious with a mask, 1+1=2 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CH1961 said:

Where are you living? 

Everywhere in Thailand you can get Alcohol after 11am (till 2pm).

You shoul be carful spreading fake news ... even on April fools day ????

I had already corrected my mistake.

7 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

The main/only reason the WHO  told that is because in many countries there is not enough masks even for doctors and nurses, not to speak about police officers in contact with many people, but nevethrtless a 12 years old boys would understand, since it is now well known that to start with, already infected people are contagious WITHOUT SYMPTOMS if everyone is wearing a mask those people will be less contagious with a mask, 1+1=2 

But they aren't shedding the virus, they aren't coughing or sneezing, even a 2 year old gets that

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

But they aren't shedding the virus, they aren't coughing or sneezing, even a 2 year old gets that

THEY ARE undoudtably CONTAGIOUS,and that's why they are the most dangerous everyone in the medical world agrees ...to be stubborn at this point is a pathology. 

2 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Cheap 2 baht masks don't protect anybody from any thing pretty much everybody agrees with this....Its all for theater...

I bought one yesterday for 49 baht. It came in a sealed package.

All black one piece with no stitching.

It really is quite fetching, so I wear it everywhere.

The wife thinks its a big improvement.

7 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

THEY ARE undoudtably CONTAGIOUS,and that's why they are the most dangerous everyone in the medical world agrees ...to be stubborn at this point is a pathology. 

So if they aren't shedding the virus by coughing or sneezing how are they spreading it? bear in mind everyone should be social distancing

Big C are operating a thermal camera and monitor screen at the entrance which indicates temperature.

Last week the person operating it was too busy on their phone to bother watching the monitor.

This week, somebody in front of me activated an audible alarm with a temperature of 41C but the operator did not look up and the customer was still allowed to walk into the store unchallenged.

Clearly the supposed precautions or safeguards are merely for show and of no practical use whatsoever ! 

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

We are talking about Thailand. Only 9 dead so far.

So they say.....

I wouldn't base risk odds on a sample of 9 either.

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

The latest from the US CDC is that N-95 masks should NOT be worn because they are in such need at hospitals.  Non-N-95 masks SHOULD be worn but not to protect you.  The protect everyone else.  The virus can easily pass into a non-N-95 mask but the droplets from a cough or sneeze cannot easily exit even a simple mask.

So ordinary Americans should not use N-95 masks because they're in short supply and much needed by the medical professionals, and not because they would not protect them? What' nonsense is this? And this coming from CDC?

Let me remind all and sundry: CDC = The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is the leading national public health institute of the United States. It is a United States federal agency, under the Department of Health and Human Services, and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia - Wikipedia.

As such the only proper answer is f&*k you CDC and the whole cabal should go straight to hell. Now this brain-dead CDC director starts babbling about the benefits of mask wearing after we ordinary folks have already know for weeks from other sources!

cdcnbc.jpg

Edited by watthong
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, gerrygoat said:

Masks required for entry to Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang 

Do Muslim Women wear a mask under their Burkas/Niqab  

Does the burka /Niqab suffice as a Mask for the New Flu ?

Or did the Muslims expect this flu to happen and were Prepared ?

000_Hkg10109760-e1506859911100.jpg.8e88a9201a430ea11a689d2946b9f3ab.jpg

3 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Do Muslim Women wear a mask under their Burkas/Niqab  

Does the burka /Niqab suffice as a Mask for the New Flu ?

Or did the Muslims expect this flu to happen and were Prepared ?

000_Hkg10109760-e1506859911100.jpg.8e88a9201a430ea11a689d2946b9f3ab.jpg

Easy enough to ask them to show they are wearing a mask that has no effect at all of stopping them getting a virus.

Are there any reports of issues with what you say?

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Easy enough to ask them to show they are wearing a mask that has no effect at all of stopping them getting a virus.

Are there any reports of issues with what you say?

Not that I heard of. I was just thinking , must have a touch of the flu ????

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

loads available from Pattaya tai or Buakhao, cotton ones but they are all mostly ineffective and just for show, when in rome.

and as a reminder,

The World Health Organisation (WHO) says:

- If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.

- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.

Don't  listen to WHO. You don't know if you are healthy. Not all ppl show symptoms.

On 3/30/2020 at 10:37 PM, KhunBENQ said:

An ignorant German went to MAKRO today without a mask where it is mandatory since at least two days. Rejected. He then used a "towel".

Since about two weeks I tell him to wear one when "in town".

Some will never learn :crazy:

That he whined about no alcohol after 11 AM is another story (in Thailand for more than 10 years).

He will become a food supply. Sausage. 

New fad? Office personnel today wearing face masks plus headgear that fits like a welders mask but is clear plastic. I guess it's to block someone giving you a full on, body bending, explosive sneeze in your face. Maybe they have spitball fights in the office?

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Really? i had no idea....personally i listen to experts, when the general consensus with experts is different I'll listen to it

Still stuck on this one? 

Seriously my friend, it's time to bend a little. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/31/calls-grow-for-germany-wide-use-of-face-masks-covid-19

Think for yourself. People here are trying to help you to do so every day.

The WHO aren't going to be helping you and yours nor anyone you infect.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Really? i had no idea....personally i listen to experts, when the general consensus with experts is different I'll listen to it

US CDC is now reviewing its guidelines and may recommend general mask use to guard against community infection. 

For those who post here endlessly that if you're not sick you don't need to wear a mask ... How do you know you are not infected ??????????? The deaths of thousands of people across the globe has primarily come from people who were virus positive and did not show symptoms at all until it was too late for those they infected.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Srikcir said:

US CDC is now reviewing its guidelines and may recommend general mask use to guard against community infection. 

Along with the WHO likely also to change its stance. That is 3 or more BS positions from them over CoVid.