Covid-19: Three virus cases reported at Chaeng Wattana Government complex that houses immigration

webfact

Covid-19: Three virus cases reported at Chaeng Wattana Government complex that houses immigration

11pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Three cases of coronavirus have been reported of staff working at the large Government Complex on Chang Wattana Road in Bangkok. 

The sprawling complex contains many government offices including immigration where thousands of foreigners queued last week applying for visa extensions.

There is no suggestion that anyone at immigration has been tested positive for the virus. 

But Manager reported that many members of the public and civil servants use Buildings A and B that are run by Dhanarak Asset Development Co. Ltd.

Dhanarak announced that three officials at the complex had tested positive. No names were given.

One was a worker at the Finance division of the Land Department on the second floor of building B. 

A second worked for OTCC or the Office of Trade Competition Commission in the B/C car park on the fifth floor.

A third worked in the justice ministry offices on the 6th floor of building B.

Cleaning of work areas affected had taken place as had cleaning of public areas in the complex. 

Those close to the infected staff are in 14 day quarantine.

The Laksi district office and health officials were there on Monday investigating, reported Manager. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-31
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

or may be a carrier and non-asymptomatic

maybe a carrier and symptomatic.

Your right of course with symptoms not showing for 4-5 days but can still spread the virus the chain of contacts quickly gets untraceable.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, DFM75 said:

It's tree days i should go, and I have my embassy letter, but given the virus spread, I prefer paying the overstay fine (if they don't exempt) rather than become sick and pay far more at hospital.

Those with embassy letters go to Muang Thani Arena to obtain their extensions...not CW.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Andrew23 said:

I wonder would they send overstayers to prison, deport and blacklist then?

That usually only happens when they catch you.

If you hand yourself in, it is usually just a fine and a bit of ear ache.

But what is usual these days?

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

maybe a carrier and symptomatic.

Your right of course with symptoms not showing for 4-5 days but can still spread the virus the chain of contacts quickly gets untraceable.

There was a report that even after people have been cleared of symptoms they could still infect others - news report on Skynews a few days ago

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

Given that no one knows if they are carriers until it’s either too late and you’re fully blown and ill, or may be a carrier and non-asymptomatic it is appropriate to assume everyone is a carrier and act accordingly. 

So far I have seen nil I repeat nil disinfecting of common area surfaces in the government buildings on Phuket I have visited in the last week or so (designated as essential for me to do by Thai Law) e.g. Disinfectant - wiping of doors, door nobs and handles, handrails, benches, chairs, desks and counter tops, and spraying and wiping down of all walls and floors.

This needs to be done a few times a day in busy areas with lots of traffic.

Surely basic disease and general health procedure like this need to be put in place across the country.

I have seen scant promotion of such hygiene protocols (used in all

hospital facilities in the West other than the exception of wash your hands, and very late in the day to wear masks at all times when out of the home) by world leaders and press.

A national program of disinfecting everything everywhere needs to be rolled out and continued until the virus peak has tapered well off.

The condo complex in which I live has made absolutely no provision to daily clean common areas with disinfecting solutions nor provide antiseptic gel at entrances of lifts and stairs, no signage to direct residents to practice safe protocols, and reception area which to me seems lax and negligent.

Yeah I know, folks will say ‘oh this is how it is here.’

2 weeks ago my local bangkok bank branch had a staff member stationed outside using sanitiser on atm machines after each person used it. Nobody there now, got bored probably. But in fairness, they only allow people inside when a cashier is free. A guard goes inside to get your queue ticket and you wait outside till your number is called.

• Like 1