Covid-19: Three virus cases reported at Chaeng Wattana Government complex that houses immigration

webfact

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

They will spin it to blame the foreigners

As usual foreigners are to blame, native Thais sitting on the floor in groups and eating from the same plate using they'r fingers are not spreading the virus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Nothing worry!

There is a thread here that states Thais are resilient to this virus.

Perhaps 3 immigration officers were foreigners?

Perhaps Luk Kreung........................

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

it is appropriate to assume everyone is a carrier and act accordingly. 

I was doing this back in January ????
One memory I have before I left LOS was being in a Family Mart waiting in line. Then 3 Chinese guys barged in, and everybody winced and tensed up, raring to get the heck out of there. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ETatBKK said:

if 3000 foreigners queuing up there everyday, and hardly anyone keeping 2m apart, it would be surprised if everyone safe ! 

Chonburi immigration has no spacing, inside or outside. The singular outside queue weaves up and down, to achieve pretty much the least possible social distancing that is physically possible.

Edited by jacob29
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

It was only a matter of time......No way, lets just keep thousands of people grouping around in violation of our own decree and regulations.  Well lets just say, someone just cut off there nose to spite there face...blind leading the blind, all over the need to sacrifice health over forcing folks to do something a blanket extension would have taken care off. 

Caller: I can not come to immigration as there is a lava flow blocking the way

IO: Sorry Sir you must or you will be on overstay

Caller: But, if i walk across the lava i will surely die..

I/O: It is either you come in, or we fine you and put you in the IDC as you can not follow our rules....who cares what God has put in front of you

Caller: I See, then you can come and drive your new BMW across the flowing lava to pick me up..... 

Answer:  how many baht you pay?

51 minutes ago, bander said:

As usual foreigners are to blame, native Thais sitting on the floor in groups and eating from the same plate using they'r fingers are not spreading the virus.

Based on the rough math that at any one time during their waking day, there's maybe 26 million Thai people doing EXACTLY as you say, and looking at the infection rates then yes, it would appear to be the arrogant, mask-averse, know-it-all farangistani's that are causing all the problems here.

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2020 at 3:45 PM, tethered goat said:

This seems relevant to this thread. Drivers whose Thai licences are about to expire are being told not to report to relevant offices to renew as this will endanger staff.They can renew 15 days after emergency decree is over.

I saw this today on Pattaya News Fabulous 10 on this website

Good post, @tethered.  Makes you wonder why this logic is being applied selectively.

• Like 1

went to Khorat Immi today for renewing my annual: they do a phantastic job there, check everyone's papers in an outside sheltered area with clear distancing. Once through, you get your paper bunch back with a waiting no.  Move to an outside shaded waiting area and only go inside once your no. is called. Inside = 5 officers with 5 distanced chairs (i.e. theoret. total of customers not exceeding 5 in that wide room). I was out and done after 45 min. = hope they will stick to this procedere after Covid!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bluesofa said:
1 hour ago, ChomDo said:

It was already outrageous to force people to go there to extend their visas before this news. If they don't shut it down now, the Thai Immigration should be charged with crimes against humanity!!

'crimes against humanity'

Not sure if you're talking about Covid, or the pointless amounts of paperwork required multiple times to extend permission to stay.

I can just see Big Oud at the Nuremberg trials now: 'I vass just obeying orders from the Furher.'

Looks like those stranded in Thailand aren't a priority right now. With regard to the Brits anyway.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/30/uk-announces-75m-airlift-plan-to-rescue-britons-stranded-abroad

606963515_norush.jpg.d455ff88f06cbe80a55025bf1918fc4b.jpg

• Haha 1