Covid-19: Three virus cases reported at Chaeng Wattana Government complex that houses immigration

webfact

14 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

I have seen nothing but professionalism and dedication on the part of Thai government

No

15 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

people

Yes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I/O: It is either you come in, or we fine you and put you in the IDC as you can not follow our rules....who cares what God has put in front of you

Caller: I See, then you can come and drive your new BMW across the flowing lava to pick me up..... 

I/O: We can't send the BMW, the driver have viral pneumonia.

• Like 1

I'm just wondering how accurate their information is. It starts with the tests.

Question: Rapid diagnostic tests for SARS-CoV-2 causing COVID-19 are in use worldwide ( True, or False?)

The right answer is false. 

There are now some tests. Some are FDA, CE-IVD approved, mostly for emergency use only. Many others are in development and many are just on the market without regulatory approval. Many are out of stock due to global demand. We do not yet have good data available on which ones work well (written 26.03.2020).

But I'm certain that Thailand has the right equipment. Perhaps not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Swift said:

If if they do get tested will you eat your words along with a side of crow? your attitude is highly inappropriate

If they do get tested then that's good...my "attitude" is that there has not been enough testing

( in Thailand)..and a complete disregard to foreigners in "forcing" them to  report themself at overcrowded immigration offices..other countries have  declared "immigration amnesties"     with only online reporting being required remember Thailand 4.0 ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tethered goat said:

This seems relevant to this thread. Drivers whose Thai licences are about to expire are being told not to report to relevant offices to renew as this will endanger staff.They can renew 15 days after emergency decree is over.

I saw this today on Pattaya News Fabulous 10 on this website

Fabulous 10? Until you get stopped by police who say that your licence has expired and you should not be driving, Ha!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Given that no one knows if they are carriers until it’s either too late and you’re fully blown and ill, or may be a carrier and non-asymptomatic it is appropriate to assume everyone is a carrier and act accordingly. 

So far I have seen nil I repeat nil disinfecting of common area surfaces in the government buildings on Phuket I have visited in the last week or so (designated as essential for me to do by Thai Law) e.g. Disinfectant - wiping of doors, door nobs and handles, handrails, benches, chairs, desks and counter tops, and spraying and wiping down of all walls and floors.

This needs to be done a few times a day in busy areas with lots of traffic.

Surely basic disease and general health procedure like this need to be put in place across the country.

I have seen scant promotion of such hygiene protocols (used in all

hospital facilities in the West other than the exception of wash your hands, and very late in the day to wear masks at all times when out of the home) by world leaders and press.

A national program of disinfecting everything everywhere needs to be rolled out and continued until the virus peak has tapered well off.

The condo complex in which I live has made absolutely no provision to daily clean common areas with disinfecting solutions nor provide antiseptic gel at entrances of lifts and stairs, no signage to direct residents to practice safe protocols, and reception area which to me seems lax and negligent.

Yeah I know, folks will say ‘oh this is how it is here.’

I have been twice at 2 government offices yesterday and today in Chiang Mai. DBD and tax office.
Both complexes with facilities to wash/desinfect hands, both places check temperatures.
DBD moved all chairs out of the office and works through 2 windows. Every second chair is blocked with tape for social distancing, no cash flow only paying by card is possible.
Yesterday around 4:30 they began to desinfect the complex with 3 big blowers.
Staff in the offices is nice, friendly and very helpful. Biggest respect to all of them !!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tethered goat said:

This seems relevant to this thread. Drivers whose Thai licences are about to expire are being told not to report to relevant offices to renew as this will endanger staff.They can renew 15 days after emergency decree is over.

I saw this today on Pattaya News Fabulous 10 on this website

I was listening to Fabulous 103 FM Pattaya about an hour ago. They mentioned the Drivers License extension, and alluded to a low cost multi month automatic extension for foreigners who are stuck here being announced soon.

Fabulous 103 recommend not going to Immigration even if your visa is expiring until the announcement.

The OP situation could have been what finally got them to do something. 

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Like 2

They should have automatically extended everyones visa until this is over and closed Immigration ages ago. How long before an Immigration officer gets the virus and farangs get the blame?

Just done my 90 day report by post and refuse to set foot in the place.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

They should have automatically extended everyones visa until this is over and closed Immigration ages ago. How long before an Immigration officer gets the virus and farangs get the blame?

Just done my 90 day report by post and refuse to set foot in the place.

What would you do if you needed an extension though?

8 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

I have to go in 2 days. I’ve been told that as of this moment they are still enforcing fines for overstay..

if these cowboys end up testing positive surely that’s the last straw. People’s health is more important.  I am sh***ing myself thinking about going there in 2 days being so close to thousands of different nationalities. 

when’s this announcement about foreigners potentially being allowed to stay until June 30? 

as long as they die rich, is all they care about. LMAO

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NightSky said:

What would you do if you needed an extension though?

Use an agent or even do nothing and pay a fine later. That would still cost less than the hospital bill if you get the virus through being in close confines with hundreds of others at Immigration.

I would also complain to Immigration that they are being irresponsible in unnecessarily exposing us and their own staff to the virus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ketyo said:

There is only one person to blame for this antifarang propaganda and hatred that is growing in Thailand ... Prayut and his sidekick Anutin

Together, they are the Donald Trump, Jair Bolsonaro and Domenic Cummings of Thailand...  though I don't know which is which

Wait when corona virus finished they will be begging for farangs to come back

• Like 1

I think they don' have any health procedures in the  USA and European countries. These countries are out control and have caused a world wide pandemic due to their people's arrogancies, their Dunning Krugger syndrome and their leaders incompetancies. Even a poor country like India is doing far better than these rich countries. What a shame.

Edited by Mulambana
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They will spin it to blame the foreigners

Rather than admit to making a mistake asking all foreigners to report in person to extend their visas.

From day one it should have been an automatic 30 day extension, no need to visit.

• Like 1

Some offensive posts have been removed:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Best of luck with that

Sadly we know that they wouldn't care much. We can only hope that this nonsense gets some attention in the national or even international media so that some "higher authority" would tell them that this is WRONG and inhumane! There was already one article about the topic in Bangkok Post some days ago but no mention about the new revelation about infections at the CW offices.