If there is an alcohol ban, do you care?

If there is an alcohol ban, do you care?  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Trepidation has kicked in. Trying to explain where I am coming from to a mod, I fear being stretched out on an anthill while lightly smeared with honey, then soused in a vat of vinegar until various vital appendages drop off.

It can be arranged :whistling:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I've just done a bit of Googling, and you have succeeded in frightening the c##p out of me - sir.

No, TENS not CPAP!

An entirely different effect and the mask gets in the way.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't trust anyone who doesn't want to socialize not sharing a beer,  unless they have an acceptable reason. 

Why is alcohol a necessary condition of socializing or trust?

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

No, TENS not CPAP! An entirely different effect.

Far too testicle for me.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Muzzique said:

Not Me. I'm back in Germany with my Thai wife where I can get as much beer as I want delivered to my home costing 10 THB for 500ml (a pint). 

Next will come the food shortages then the healthcare collapse. If you are still there make sure you are well prepared for the next phases. If you do drink, stock up before the booze is gone.

At least you and especially her will have no desire to go out. 5 degree Celsius? Or what is it today?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE

If you have a TENS machine and are bored. Before making any suggestions to your better half try putting a new 9V battery on your tongue.

Still want to try? Start on low :whistling:

• Haha 2

I drink very little so I do not care about that. But I do care about a big brother with extremely limited talent, competency, vision or intelligence telling me what, or what not to do. And people are stuck at home with little to do. Why deny them this small pleasure? Is this a false moral crusade? Is the health and well being of the public really what is at stake here? Or are we looking at the beginning of a power play to wrestle absolute control back? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Not in the slightest, never touch the stuff ! ????

BUT it does effect me, how? because of all those apparently dependent on it and post their panic on here for me to sort out ! ????????

and that's makes 2... unfortunately also are or could be affected by the (dangerous) ones who drink and drive, now let you sort out the panic ones 555

I thought I would be a bit ahead of curve here in the UK when the lockdown was announced and bought 3 cases of discounted Corona 330ml bottles and a liter of port.

Consumed the whole lot on the Monday night with the intention of consuming my own urine over the next 4 days, thereby keeping my self semi sozzled on a permanent basis.

Lined up 4 or 5 pints of pish in the fridge on the Monday night.

Tuesday I felt a little poorly, perhaps a mild dose of the virus I thought. Consumed 4 pints of pish on the Tuesday, with a little twist of lemon to take off the edge and felt merry enough. Replenished a few pints in the fridge.

Wednesday I was still feeling a little peculiar but managed to guzzle down 1 pint of Mondays and 2 of Tuesdays. NB I doubled the lemon to 2 twists and replenished 2 pints in the fridge.

Come Thursday  I was feeling a little more chipper and skulled the last 3 pints in spite of an intense gagging reflex, tail end of the virus I thought. 

Come Friday the UK Gov. announced that off-licences were allowed to open as essential shops so I abandoned my experiment. I shall probably send my findings to some medical journal when I feel a bit better.

• Haha 2

No problem. You can always order from the delivery guys. That call stocking up, and do not fall under the same rules as personal use. Even if it is. I order beer by the pallet and all other by the box.

• Like 2