If there is an alcohol ban, do you care?

If there is an alcohol ban, do you care?  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

53 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No problem. You can always order from the delivery guys. That call stocking up, and do not fall under the same rules as personal use. Even if it is. I order beer by the pallet and all other by the box.

You have a fork lift...?     ????

17 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Not in the slightest, I've enough on hand to keep me drunk for 2 to 3 months.

You must have a bed in the local 7/11 ????????

I think it might be a good thing.....help keep the road deaths down a bit.....maybe? ????????

10 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

You must have a bed in the local 7/11 ????????

I think it might be a good thing.....help keep the road deaths down a bit.....maybe? ????????

Why would I sleep at the 7/11 ?

I have my local mom and pop booze wholesaler on speed dial.... Made a call last week for them to load up and deliver as I had a feeling a ban was coming.... owner of shop expects to be told this week not to open.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

I've been cooking more & from scratch.....It's giving me something different to do, the girls like it & my wife likes not cooking.....

When I cook I'll enjoy a drink as I've never really enjoyed cooking but like the end product.....

Using the Keith Floyd cookbook?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Number 6 said:

As much as my head is less tolerant of alcohol I honestly don't trust people that don't drink unless they're quite old, infirm or alcoholic. People that are not alcoholic but suck on cigarettes but don't drink. That's a weird one.

It is weird indeed, I, as many are, am fully aware of the dangers of smoking, the smell it

leaves on your clothes and skin and the generally antisocial aspects of the addiction.

However I have found it really difficult to quit, I did so for a year once then got back on

them more than before.

But if a doctor told me to give up the beer, I could do so easily, I sometimes go weeks

without alcohol, not intentionally but if I'm honest I prefer a cup of tea.

I'm not a puritanical anti booze crusader, far from it, but I do find it odd that people

will go out bulk buying the stuff, although when people were going crazy buying up

all the big roll, I did out and  buy shed loads of tea bags!

Well, after careering off topic, I was torn between, I don't care and I don't like it but 

I will survive.

• Like 1

It's the personal freedom issue here that's the most important thing. It's as idiotic as Islamic states bans on alcohol and pork.. Just encourages underground criminality. The bans are popular with religious Conservative middle classes as a law and order or control the wayward youth theme, but in practice cause more problems than the ones they didn't solve in the first place. 

• Like 1

No problem (yet) here in Siem Reap (Cambodia). Yes, like Thailand we are "locked in" but being quieter with no tourists, we can still take a relaxed stroll to one of the many local bars and restaurants that are still open to enjoy a beer or two, also a meal. Shops and supermarkets are also open and all stocked up. There are public health measures in place and medical advice given, including wearing face masks, but our life in retirement is still very enjoyable. For how long - who knows, we enjoy while we can. I am glad I left LOS two months ago.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, 2long said:

I do care.

I only drink one day in four, but with fewer things to do to pass the time, and the increasing heat.... you can't beat a cold beer!

It's the gangs of Somchai's and Nong's who gather to eat & drink together that needs to be reduced or stopped... but banning alcohol penalises many others.

They can tell the difference between a foreigner and a local at the ticket office of national parks, so how about only letting foreigners but booze if they want to ban their locals! (election days are a good example) 

What's a Nong?

19 hours ago, 2long said:

It's the gangs of Somchai's and Nong's who gather to eat & drink together that needs to be reduced or stopped... but banning alcohol penalises many others.

This is exactly that kind of 'superior' farang non-sense I read in/out for years, which makes my blood boil.

There is a nice, very very empty place, maybe 1 or 2 couples sitting on tables far away from each other .... you can sit down and still a little bit get on with life.

Yesterday, I was shocked (but not surprised) to see 6 fat old, super smart, educated, loaded with Western common sense, not as stupid as Somchai and Nong, ... Farangs .... sitting around a small table with 10 bottles of Leo's, most likely talking <deleted> about the Thais and how stupid they are.

As soon as Farangs find a place which is open, they make it their watering hole! They just can't stop or control themselves.

Please, stop this superior Farang over Thai thing ... can't hear it anymore. Far too many idiot Farangs in Thailand to hold up this argument.

Somchai and Nong, what an idiotic comment to say about ppl you have chosen to live with, as a choice of alternative country to live in.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Proverbs 23:20f: "Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Isaiah 5:11f: "Woe to those who rise early in the morning to run after their drinks, who stay up late at night till they are inflamed with wine.

“Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging and whosoever is there deceived is not wise”. Read that somewhere but as I am not deceived, it does not apply. Somewhere else, I seem to remember, “take a little wine for your stomach”.

16 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

“Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging and whosoever is there deceived is not wise”. Read that somewhere but as I am not deceived, it does not apply. Somewhere else, I seem to remember, “take a little wine for your stomach”.

Didn't old JC alledgedly turn a load of water into vino at some wedding in Galilee.

I wonder what Mr Robert Marley, rastafarian, would have said about this dilemma.

19 hours ago, ChipButty said:

The wife just tell me last night loads of people outside a 7/11 near home sitting there drinking, That has to stop I think

It's easier for the regime to just ban alcohol for everyone than expect the police to do any actual work and move people on who are loitering.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Didn't old JC alledgedly turn a load of water into vino at some wedding in Galilee.

I wonder what Mr Robert Marley, rastafarian, would have said about this dilemma.

Haven’t you been told ... it was non-alcohol wine. So, I have been told in the American “Bible Belt”. 555

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2