BANGKOK
OneMoreFarang

If there is an alcohol ban, do you care?

If there is an alcohol ban, do you care?  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not at all. And in this time it is better not to drink and smoke to overcome covid 19 as good as possible. 

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I prefer the jump leads to the nipples approach, hers ! not mine ...55555...😄

• Like 1

I drink very little so I do not care about that. But I do care about a big brother with extremely limited talent, competency, vision or intelligence telling me what, or what not to do. And people are stuck at home with little to do. Why deny them this small pleasure? Is this a false moral crusade? Is the health and well being of the public really what is at stake here? Or are we looking at the beginning of a power play to wrestle absolute control back? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Not in the slightest, never touch the stuff ! 😃

BUT it does effect me, how? because of all those apparently dependent on it and post their panic on here for me to sort out ! 😷🤪

and that's makes 2... unfortunately also are or could be affected by the (dangerous) ones who drink and drive, now let you sort out the panic ones 555

I haven't had a beer since the end of February due to the virus, I stopped going out as it was pretty clear where this was heading.

• Sad 1

I’ve started mixing my drinks with gabapentin from the pharmacy, you only need half the amount to get drunk

Has helped so far with daytime boredom too 

• Confused 1

I thought I would be a bit ahead of curve here in the UK when the lockdown was announced and bought 3 cases of discounted Corona 330ml bottles and a liter of port.

Consumed the whole lot on the Monday night with the intention of consuming my own urine over the next 4 days, thereby keeping my self semi sozzled on a permanent basis.

Lined up 4 or 5 pints of pish in the fridge on the Monday night.

Tuesday I felt a little poorly, perhaps a mild dose of the virus I thought. Consumed 4 pints of pish on the Tuesday, with a little twist of lemon to take off the edge and felt merry enough. Replenished a few pints in the fridge.

Wednesday I was still feeling a little peculiar but managed to guzzle down 1 pint of Mondays and 2 of Tuesdays. NB I doubled the lemon to 2 twists and replenished 2 pints in the fridge.

Come Thursday  I was feeling a little more chipper and skulled the last 3 pints in spite of an intense gagging reflex, tail end of the virus I thought. 

Come Friday the UK Gov. announced that off-licences were allowed to open as essential shops so I abandoned my experiment. I shall probably send my findings to some medical journal when I feel a bit better.

• Haha 2

I only drink one beer twice a week, so I can manage for a few months. 

No problem. You can always order from the delivery guys. That call stocking up, and do not fall under the same rules as personal use. Even if it is. I order beer by the pallet and all other by the box.

• Like 2