BANGKOK
OneMoreFarang

If there is an alcohol ban, do you care?

If there is an alcohol ban, do you care?  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why are alcoholic drinks always banned when these characters know nothing else?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No problem. You can always order from the delivery guys. That call stocking up, and do not fall under the same rules as personal use. Even if it is. I order beer by the pallet and all other by the box.

You have a fork lift...?     😷

17 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Not in the slightest, I've enough on hand to keep me drunk for 2 to 3 months.

You must have a bed in the local 7/11 🤔😱

I think it might be a good thing.....help keep the road deaths down a bit.....maybe? 🙃😷

10 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

You must have a bed in the local 7/11 🤔😱

I think it might be a good thing.....help keep the road deaths down a bit.....maybe? 🙃😷

Why would I sleep at the 7/11 ?

I have my local mom and pop booze wholesaler on speed dial.... Made a call last week for them to load up and deliver as I had a feeling a ban was coming.... owner of shop expects to be told this week not to open.

• Sad 1

Just in case the ban comes effective all over the country, did someone already try diluting the alcohol based hand sanitizers ?

• Haha 2

Some might look awfully silly if it turns out in time that the alcohol in beer actually helps fight the virus.

16 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

I've been cooking more & from scratch.....It's giving me something different to do, the girls like it & my wife likes not cooking.....

When I cook I'll enjoy a drink as I've never really enjoyed cooking but like the end product.....

Using the Keith Floyd cookbook?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Number 6 said:

As much as my head is less tolerant of alcohol I honestly don't trust people that don't drink unless they're quite old, infirm or alcoholic. People that are not alcoholic but suck on cigarettes but don't drink. That's a weird one.

It is weird indeed, I, as many are, am fully aware of the dangers of smoking, the smell it

leaves on your clothes and skin and the generally antisocial aspects of the addiction.

However I have found it really difficult to quit, I did so for a year once then got back on

them more than before.

But if a doctor told me to give up the beer, I could do so easily, I sometimes go weeks

without alcohol, not intentionally but if I'm honest I prefer a cup of tea.

I'm not a puritanical anti booze crusader, far from it, but I do find it odd that people

will go out bulk buying the stuff, although when people were going crazy buying up

all the big roll, I did out and  buy shed loads of tea bags!

Well, after careering off topic, I was torn between, I don't care and I don't like it but 

I will survive.

• Like 1

It's the personal freedom issue here that's the most important thing. It's as idiotic as Islamic states bans on alcohol and pork.. Just encourages underground criminality. The bans are popular with religious Conservative middle classes as a law and order or control the wayward youth theme, but in practice cause more problems than the ones they didn't solve in the first place. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bluejets said:

Some might look awfully silly if it turns out in time that the alcohol in beer actually helps fight the virus.

covid-19 or liver cirrhosis.... it's a tough choice.

• Haha 1

I heard, there will be new rules for selling alcohol; alcohol can only be sold between 11:00 and 11:10 am, 12:10 and 12:33 pm, 15:12 and 15:23, 17:13 and 17:33, 18:16 and 19:00, 23:00 and 23:15.

• Haha 1