If there is an alcohol ban, do you care?

If there is an alcohol ban, do you care?  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, Number 6 said:

As much as my head is less tolerant of alcohol I honestly don't trust people that don't drink unless they're quite old, infirm or alcoholic. People that are not alcoholic but suck on cigarettes but don't drink. That's a weird one.

31 years dry, without outside assistance, never smoked a cigarette in lieu, you can trust me. 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, finnishmen said:

i hope thailand banned alchohol full year not can buy anywere.normal men not need alcohol anythink newer.

That won't stop people drinking... Health issue will rise though as people will resort to making their own.... Like extracting the Ethanol from the gasahol sold at PTT.

• Like 1

I don't really care, I drink hardly any alcohol when I'm at home. As I cannot hang out to drink anyway, a sales ban makes almost no difference to me.

I did stock up on beer early this month, when I stocked up on pretty much everything I might need if locked down. The first bottle still hasn't been cracked open though.

28 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

That won't stop people drinking... Health issue will rise though as people will resort to making their own.... Like extracting the Ethanol from the gasahol sold at PTT.

I'm on it.

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Proverbs 23:20f: "Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Isaiah 5:11f: "Woe to those who rise early in the morning to run after their drinks, who stay up late at night till they are inflamed with wine.

But but ...John 2:1-11 “Jesus changue water in to wine and he revealed his glory” to all drunks guests! 

Edited by Tarteso

I'll join in with the quotations.

From Shakespeare, Henry IV, Part 1.

Prince Henry: "Thou art so fat-witted, with drinking of old sack, and unbuttoning thee after supper, and sleeping upon benches after noon, that thou hast forgotten to demand that truly which thou wouldst truly know."

• Confused 1

No alcohol related, so maybe off-topic, but still about 'smart Farangs', smarter than Thai's, while I was on it today.

Just back from a local mini-mart ... everybody wears a mask, everybody ... every single person. On news in the West they

already started discussions to make it 'mandatory' for everyone to wear one.

I put mine on before I enter the store.

Here comes Mr. Farang entering the store, tall guy, blond hair, blue eyes ... arrogant walk .. no mask! He doesn't need one. 

It's the only guy within all the Thai's, sticking out like a soar thumb ... but don't want to spend 1 minute to put a mask on?

Where is that Western common sense? I can't see it. This time really brings the best out of everybody.

I don't care whether this mask is protecting me or not ... I know it doesn't. They want to see it, it's a respect thing.

If I cough ... I don't cough my stuff around in the mini mart ... but into my mask.

We stick out just a little bit between all the Thai's ... show a little respect and wear that damn thing, for 5 min. shopping.

And then they also sell you that box of beer, out of allowed selling hours.

I'm really ashamed seeing fellow Farangs behaving these days. Before it was a bit of 'whatever' ... but now, no!

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, RedPill said:

I'm really ashamed seeing fellow Farangs behaving these days. Before it was a bit of 'whatever' ... but now, no!

I'm ashamed you call other white guys 'farang'.

Sometimes I'm ashamed of male supremacists.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

No, I have read and listened enough over the past years about that.

I'm living in Thailand, and you, too ... and you know exactly what I talk about.

This is not a time to be ignorant.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

And just to be clear, this is not about that usual discussion ping pong about the word 'Farang'.

Fact is, its about the Thai ppl ... and they will go home today and talk to each other ... everybody wear mask, only Farang not.

I'm not defending any Thai gov or all that, most Thai's I talk to are completely fed up with this, too.

Just that living together right now, with the Thai ppl on the street around us, don't be ignorant and switch your brain on.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Do you want to argue the fact that all Thais call us Farangs?

That I am a male supremacistic? This has nothing to do with that, at all.

I'm tall and blond myself, living in Thailand between millions of people who look different.

We stick out like a soar thumb ..., hence no good time to be ignorant right now. 

Is this so hard to understand?

We can have these discussions later again ... over a beer, as we had for the past 20 years. That's a mickey mouse discussion.

But right now, I really hope some of the guys who can't behave, read a little bit on TVF and start thinking about that.

That's why I'm posting this.

I don't know, I read your posts and I know you lived here long enough ... I'm sure you know what I mean. 

It would surprise me if you don't.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 2

On 3/31/2020 at 2:53 PM, NCC1701A said:

Proverbs 23:20f: "Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Isaiah 5:11f: "Woe to those who rise early in the morning to run after their drinks, who stay up late at night till they are inflamed with wine.

1 Timothy 5 v 23 says ' Do not drink water any longer but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach '. 

See  NCC.  Stay safe , sup some red just like I am doing now.

• Like 1

Use to drink a lot, but now hung over for twp weeks and the sleep goes out the door. I have a beer on occasion or a glass of wine just do not do the all day drinking. But good luck to all the boys and girls who still need a shot or two.