Canadian children among Phuket COVID-19 infected, total confirmed cases hit 69

webfact

Canadian children among Phuket COVID-19 infected, total confirmed cases hit 69

By The Phuket News

1585641019_1-org.jpg

The inforgraphic posted with the report today (Mar 31). Image: PR Dept

PHUKET: Phuket Communicable Disease Committee today (Mar 31) announced seven more confirmed cases of people infected with the COVID-19 coronavirus, including two young Canadian children.

The new cases reported today bring the total number of people in Phuket infected with the disease since the outbreak began to 69.

Of the 69 confirmed cases eight recovered and have returned home, and the remaining 61 cases received medical treatment. One is or was (report not clear) in a severe condition, the rest are in good condition, said the committee’s daily report for today (Mar 31).

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/canadian-children-among-phuket-covid-19-infected-total-confirmed-cases-hit-69-75516.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-03-31

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

I'm surprised there aren't a few more like case 64!

Most people that catch it have regular flu symtoms. The panicking you are doing is for outlier cases. Most infected cases are not reported as the people do not need to go to the hospital for a mild fever and a sore throat.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, bearpolar said:

Most people that catch it have regular flu symtoms. The panicking you are doing is for outlier cases. Most infected cases are not reported as the people do not need to go to the hospital for a mild fever and a sore throat.

I don't thnk you've quite got it!!!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I don't thnk you've quite got it!!!

stop reading social media and newspaper 'articles' that are 10 lines long. This is what every informed person thinks. People panicking and refusing to understand what is happening is why theres a dictatorship in Hungary right now. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, bearpolar said:

stop reading social media and newspaper 'articles' that are 10 lines long. This is what every informed person thinks. People panicking and refusing to understand what is happening is why theres a dictatorship in Hungary right now. 

But at the same time can we trust the governor or the government here

he just extended his power too. 

with only few cases in comparison with other countries which is not reaching this far. 

So either they are lying or exploring the situation. 

Necessarily means up to them now either way. 

And if all this is necessarily why we still have full cost

electric 

Water

Rent 

Bank loan 

Food 

Gasoline/diesel 

All off which have wat and/or tax and some government owned. 

And now the transparency is completely gone 

Landowners and banks must pay there share too same must the government 

But you see the pattern its only a few there are spared and its not the common people 

So what does it mean to be informed when it's hard not to see a pattern there is benefiting the wrong people as the same time as common people are fighting for there lives, health as well as financially. 

It's not only here but every where 

13 minutes ago, SoSoCNX said:

Only Very intelligent and responsible parents stay in Asian during virus spreading from China. Should they have children at all? 

Are you saying foreigners with children should not be in Thailand anymore?

8 minutes ago, SoSoCNX said:

I wish all the children speedy recovery

All my friends with young children left by the end of February. 

Yes, Call me and all my friends STUPID. 

I am assuming that English is not your native language? as this was not what was said, furthermore some of us where not able to leave or have spouses without visas to travel with us! 

Now staying with my wife & child was the opposite of stupid - leaving them alone most certainly would have been! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Luckily politicians are not immune to the virus ...

luckily, unless they have important underlying health issues they will simply get a fever and a cough for a few days/weeks.. thats without taking one of the current cures.

stop  panicking. 

Note:  no Chinese as ever given a Thai person the virus-apparently, it’s quite impossible.  Also in China, only foreigners carry the virus, and spread it around to Chinese people.

????????????????

On 3/31/2020 at 6:47 PM, bearpolar said:

Anybody with anything like flu symptoms needs to isolate immediately and inform authorities !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being infected makes you a carrier !!!!!!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Would be nice if someone knew which school these Canadian teachers were at.

So far we have eliminated Palm House, BCIS and KIS. Maybe you or others can add?