How to go from Pattaya to Sakhon Nakhon

canerandagio

Hi guys,

Trying to help a Thai girl who has just been fired from her maid work at a small hotel. She now needs to go back to her home in Sakhon Nakhon.

I am far and can only provide cash, but no practical help.

Even though she is Thai she doesn't quite know how to get around, so I need to give her a hand.

She is telling me that it's impossible to leave the city at the moment (31 March), is that correct?

How can she can get back to her family please? Taxi to somewhere and then bus? Or just bus?
Can she make it to Bangkok?

Thanks in advance,

straydog

Spoke to a bar girl by phone yesterday.  She is in a similar situation, but knows the ropes. 

I asked her why she is still in Pattaya, she told me that all the buses from Pattaya have stopped running, and when I asked about Bangkok, she said the same.  I don't know how true that is, or where her information came from. 

She has always told me when she was with a 2 week customer, or similar, so I don't think it's a BS story to me.  She wants to go home, but can't get transport.

I never bothered asking about the airport.    

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Spoke to a bar girl by phone yesterday.  She is in a similar situation, but knows the ropes. 

I asked her why she is still in Pattaya, she told me that all the buses from Pattaya have stopped running, and when I asked about Bangkok, she said the same.  I don't know how true that is, or where her information came from. 

She has always told me when she was with a 2 week customer, or similar, so I don't think it's a BS story to me.  She wants to go home, but can't get transport.

I never bothered asking about the airport.    

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Isaanbiker said:

BS, they all know how to get there. But some lies and crocodile tears make it better for her sponsor to believe her. 

You are sick in the head. Go away, I have no use for this kind of answers. Have some respect sometimes, you have been too long with girls that messed you around. Don't bother replying because I will not even read your answer.

• Sad 5
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Ask her to try and remember how she got from Sakhon Nakhon to Pattaya in the first place...

.... then get her to reverse the process.

Let me explain: she went by bus, and there are - apparently - no buses so I am asking if it's correct or not. Got it now or should I draw it for you?

Edited by canerandagio
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I would guess that she, like 95% of other Thais, will be on Facebook, and I'm equally as sure that she will be in FB groups.   They would be the best source of advice and information, particularly as I'm certain that her situation is not unique.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pagallim said:

I would guess that she, like 95% of other Thais, will be on Facebook, and I'm equally as sure that she will be in FB groups.   They would be the best source of advice and information, particularly as I'm certain that her situation is not unique.

Yes, thanks. She is on FB and she will need to fend for herself. She is kind of simple girl so I feel for her but she will have to ask her friends at work and find out... thanks for helping.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

There is a regular bus service from Mo Chit bus station to Sakon Nakhon. Tickets can be booked on line. I've no idea regarding availability.

Thanks, do you know if this is running now in Covid time?

Edited by canerandagio

14 minutes ago, canerandagio said:

Thanks, do you know if this is running now in Covid time?

We had a couple of returnees arrive by bus 2 or 3 days ago. Visit this booking web site. If tickets are available, I guess that means the buses are running. I've heard no word of a national lock-down.

Good luck with your quest.

https://www.busonlineticket.co.th/booking/bangkok-to-sakon-nakhon-bus-tickets

Just now, Moonlover said:

We had a couple of returnees arrive by bus 2 or 3 days ago. Visit this booking web site. If tickets are available, I guess that means the buses are running. I've heard no word of a national lock-down.

Good luck with your quest.

https://www.busonlineticket.co.th/booking/bangkok-to-sakon-nakhon-bus-tickets

Thanks. Looking at trains too. 

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

Train to Udon Thani then bus to Sakon Nakhon. Very long journey.

Still better than getting stuck for weeks or months in a room in Pattaya with no work and no money, I told her to send her clothes by post and get on a taxi to Bangkok, then slow trains (long distance trains apparently stop from tomorrow) or bus to Udon/Sakhon Nakhon. She'll survive.

I will let you know how it goes.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, canerandagio said:

Let me explain: she went by bus, and there are - apparently - no buses so I am asking if it's correct or not. Got it now or should I draw it for you?

Better you draw it for her..........

I've just come across an article, dated today in a well known rival news service that the government are wanting to discourage all travel by cutting services by around 90%. Your friend's going to have to move fast!

Edited by Moonlover

7 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I've just come across an article, dated today in a well known rival news service that the government are wanting to discourage all travel by cutting services by around 90%. Your friend's going to have to move fast!

In a few days it will be 100% stuck where they are as no trains, buses and domestic flights will be suspended.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, time2093 said:

In a few days it will be 100% stuck where they are as no trains, buses and domestic flights will be suspended.

It's the logical next step. Virus's need transport too.

Edited by Moonlover

38 minutes ago, time2093 said:

This government is thinking at the speed of a sleeping turtle.
They finally understood that by suppressing passenger transport would solve a good part of the spread of the virus.
I do not understand the applicant's question when personal travel is strongly discouraged and from a few days will be impossible unless you have a personal vehicle and an excellent reason to leave the province where you live.
However, wanting to go back to one's parents when one does not live there risks being refused.

deservedly 

OK, the problem is solved and this thread as far as I am concerned has no reason to exist anymore.

I will pay 5800 baht for a taxi for her, it's the right thing to do, for a girl that has been cleaning rooms for 2 years for a pittance and just deserves to be with her family in this difficult time.

I will however take a couple more lines, the first is to say thank you to those of you who have been helpful and understood the situation.

Scanning through this thread though I could also find a bunch of miserable sad guys who deserve nothing from life other than what they have: a keyboard to play around, trolling and disrespecting others. You learned nothing from life I am afraid.  It's a pity that such a good platform as this is spoilt by sad souls like you. I hope your mothers and sisters have the same lives as some of the girls that you keep disrespecting here.

Edited by canerandagio