Dating and Hookup apps in the era of Coronavirus

Jingthing

58 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Those living as couples, families, or group situations are stuck together for better or worse.

You wish, Thai government reports only 50% of Thais are following these "orders" from the government.  "With the imposition of social distancing measures, which is currently being observed by only about 50% of the Thai population, he said that the number of infections is predicted to reach 17,600.  Could be as low as 7,700 if 80% of the population were to follow the measure."  https://www.thaipbsworld.com/grim-forecast-of-coronavirus-infections-refuted-by-senior-health-official/

• Like 1

Apps are not only about commercial sex. Again there are lots of apps with different niches. The point is that just meeting new people for anything is risky these days as far as this new virus, so should people really be using these apps now for whatever purpose if they intend to lead to actually meeting?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not interested in the sexual morality part of it. People use the apps in different ways, there are different kind of apps, indeed it's not uncommon for people to find their marriage partner on the apps. But normally STDS are a risk but people can take measures to help prevent STDS and still date new people. But with this new virus just getting together for a coffee is likely to spread the virus.

Using Google search would show you many ways to find what you're looking for.

Of course, waiting for a virus test will be a big turn off.

Love is a crazy thing. 

Parks and saunas....

Gay Romeo without Juliet, perhaps? 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The point is that just meeting new people for anything is risky these days as far as this new virus, so should people really be using these apps now for whatever purpose if they intend to lead to actually meeting?

Personally even old friends I stay at least 6 feet away from.   We talk in the lobby, sitting a good 6 feet apart wearing masks, and a few of us have a beer outside by the pool in the evenings, but stay well apart.  Pool closed for swimming unfortunately though 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Using Google search would show you many ways to find what you're looking for.

Of course, waiting for a virus test will be a big turn off.

Love is a crazy thing. 

Parks and saunas....

Gay Romeo without Juliet, perhaps? 

No idea what your trip is with that post.

I didn't say I was looking for anything.

The topic is a general one about dating and hookup apps considering the issue of social distancing during this lockdown Coronavirus era. 

1 hour ago, zhounan said:

creating consumerism even in sentimental relationships. 

I was saying this over 10 years ago, when I first tried getting into dating sites. They reduced the whole, formerly magical relationship process our parents and grandparents knew, chance encounters and risk taking into courtship, down to a spec sheet of height, weight, income, etc. This was a world people were already familiar with, shopping for cars, computers, TVs, or washing machines. Then it got even worse with the smartphones and dating apps. Just pretty pictures, smiling faces, with a busty chest or six pack, draped across a bed, or leaning next to an expensive car, followed by swiping left or right.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Depends on how much risk one wants to take in pursuit of a sex life. Personally, I'd pass until things settle down. Luckily, with a GF I don't have to.

And your GF never sees, talks, meets with any other people ever during the day? every day since 14 days ago? 

I am waiting for a simple home test - that is how paranoid I am about having anyone sleep with me or visit me at home....

I am a bit of an oddball.  Do not mean to disrespect or judge, am happy for those who have better situations in life than I do at times

Peace 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, samsensam said:

meeting up with and getting intimate with strangers in the current climate goes against all medical advice and common sense, imho you'd have to be mad to do so.

however, many sex tourists delude themselves about the relationships they have with prostitutes, so maybe they delude themselves about the virus too.

Well said, am impressed by your simple concise statements on human behavior.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Unprotected sex is quite common on some of these sites.

So, some are not worried about the HIV/STD risk, they probably are not worried now about this.

Or like BritMantoo, they just want to make a lot of babies with young Thai women ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

And your GF never sees, talks, meets with any other people ever during the day? every day since 14 days ago? 

I am waiting for a simple home test - that is how paranoid I am about having anyone sleep with me or visit me at home....

I am a bit of an oddball.  Do not mean to disrespect or judge, am happy for those who have better situations in life than I do at times

Peace 

Fair enough. She is in a village where no cases have been reported, and she would certainly know if there were. If anyone started feeling ill there, the news would percolate the entire village in an hour. Outside Chiang Rai, where only one case thus far has come to light.

Most of the time I am in Chiang Rai, and taking precautions. There's only so much one can do to minimize risk.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Better make sure it is actually a female on that site if one is in fact, looking for a female.

So far, they are straight up stating they are freelancer and/or a ladyboy...but i don't care.

• Haha 1