Dating and Hookup apps in the era of Coronavirus

Jingthing

Love the CoronaSutra guide. If you're interested in helping needy social hostesses ( they're still plentiful in their home bar streets) After all they do live above the bars. May I suggest getting a pocket full of hundred baht notes and hand em out to the ladies but uniformly and with a wah and a smile. You'll feel good about it and can still observe your personal distancing and meet alot of new "friends" ...Dating apps are a great way to pass the time and have met some amazing people there ( career types with real jobs). We are golden to them . So have fun no commitment necessary. When in doubt DELETE !

On 3/31/2020 at 6:40 PM, Jingthing said:

I'm not interested in the sexual morality part of it. People use the apps in different ways, there are different kind of apps, indeed it's not uncommon for people to find their marriage partner on the apps. But normally STDS are a risk but people can take measures to help prevent STDS and still date new people. But with this new virus just getting together for a coffee is likely to spread the virus.

You concern are touching. Shall we launch an online petition to close all dating apps?

One should help with isolation and offer rent free isolation, accommodation and free food to at least 3 until the crisis is over. 

You will remember the period of the Corona virus and it's quarantine for the rest of your life ????❤️

Edited by maprao
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 6:47 PM, Isaanbiker said:

Using Google search would show you many ways to find what you're looking for.

Of course, waiting for a virus test will be a big turn off.

Love is a crazy thing. 

Parks and saunas....

Gay Romeo without Juliet, perhaps? 

Especially at 8,000 to 18,000 baht each for a test here. 

On 3/31/2020 at 8:29 PM, cyril sneer said:

my friends daughter uses an app called Skout, never heard of it but might have a browse later

I recall that's some kind of app for online conversions. Not really a dating or hookup app that's meant to sometimes lead to irl meetings. 

A little science video break. Just in case everybody doesn't know already why this is an especially bad time for people to get physically close to new people. Or even old people unless they are in your living space where that can't really be avoided. 

It's kind of the opposite issue but consider the people all over the world holed up for weeks and months with people that they actually hate. Sure there will be a Covid 19 baby boom but there will also be Covid 19 divorce and domestic abuse booms. 

On 3/31/2020 at 6:40 PM, Jingthing said:

I'm not interested in the sexual morality part of it. People use the apps in different ways, there are different kind of apps, indeed it's not uncommon for people to find their marriage partner on the apps. But normally STDS are a risk but people can take measures to help prevent STDS and still date new people. But with this new virus just getting together for a coffee is likely to spread the virus.

Well, can skip the coffee and go to business. Lots can be done while still keeping the heads 3-4 feet away

45 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A little science video break. Just in case everybody doesn't know already why this is an especially bad time for people to get physically close to new people. Or even old people unless they are in your living space where that can't really be avoided. 

When using a mask i don't see any problem ?

On 3/31/2020 at 7:00 PM, Jingthing said:

No idea what your trip is with that post.

I didn't say I was looking for anything.

The topic is a general one about dating and hookup apps considering the issue of social distancing during this lockdown Coronavirus era.  

And why should the apps be shut down? Because you think they should or don't like them think at this time they are dangerous?  I could  use the app to talk /communicate with a girl and get to know her. Later we could meet but wear masks Order take out from McD's or whatever and sit by the beach. After 14 days if neither have symptoms we can bang each others brains out.

35 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

And why should the apps be shut down? Because you think they should or don't like them think at this time they are dangerous?  I could  use the app to talk /communicate with a girl and get to know her. Later we could meet but wear masks Order take out from McD's or whatever and sit by the beach. After 14 days if neither have symptoms we can bang each others brains out.

I just brought this up for discussion. 

That's all. 

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2020 at 12:29 PM, Pilotman said:

The Thai Friendly website, and a few like it, are probably keeping a good few of the working girls in some kind of money earning employment and therefore aiding their families in a time of crisis.  I suggest that a lot of people on TVF need to leave their Western heads in the freezer for the duration and try to find some empathy with the poor in Thailand, who are quickly getting into desperate straits.  If the apps help then good. 

You're right, those poor hookers families! 

On 3/31/2020 at 6:32 PM, Jingthing said:

Should they be shut down?

Of course people all over the world are sheltering in place either to an extreme or limited degree.

Those living as couples, families, or group situations are stuck together for better or worse.

But what about single people?

Should they continue to be using dating and hookup apps?

Surely if meeting friends for a meal is forbidden, going on app date or hookup is like asking for it, yeah?

My man....

Are you not getting any hits off Grindr?

• Haha 1