People warned not to enter national park after man is killed by tiger

snoop1130

We see in the Tschernobyl area what happens in the absence of man ... Nature , the forest , comes back and with that all kinds of animals that naturally lived in that habitat before .... beautiful ... but the radiation is still there , of course ...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lust said:

I didn’t know there were any wild tigers left here. Happy days.

Isnt that fabulous? The army should cordon off the area. Wonder what type of tiger it is?

Amazing story... sad for the bloke and his family, even if they have probably forgotten he even existed already. Empathy is still a complete mystery to most Thai's of course but there's always the funeral to look forward to. 

But, nothing like definitive evidence of Tigers still living wild in Thailand... you can just imagine what that will do for tourism! 

Thanks for posting!

https://globalconservation.org/news/new-discovery-second-tiger-population-thailand-found-thap-lan-wo/

Edited by artiz

43 minutes ago, lust said:

There is a national park in Uthai Thani with a research centre that looks after animals that have been removed as pets, are not native to Thailand or rescued from their poor (animal parents).  These include at least two leopards and 12 tigers, 2 Bengal tigers (hence not native) and the others are Indochinese tigers. further out in the park there are wild leopards and tigers (at least 20) - they are tagged.  

At the start of the trails there are notices explaining how to behave if you come across an elephant in a good or bad mood and how to distinguish between the two.  It is very thoughtful to explain how to tell the elephant is having a bad day as it can be a bruising encounter.

When we were there, there were perhaps 6 Thais near the lodge but no-one at the research centre and no farangs - perhaps tigers prefer farangs.  (My uncle was saved from a tiger that sprang at him by his dog - but that is another story).

• Like 1

Found the Tiger guarding his body.  Really  The only knowledge that tigers still exist here are from pictures taken by camera traps and all National parks were closed on 26th March so they must have entered illegally. Story sounds a bit suspect.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, garzhe said:

Found the Tiger guarding his body.  Really  The only knowledge that tigers still exist here are from pictures taken by camera traps and all National parks were closed on 26th March so they must have entered illegally. Story sounds a bit suspect.

Maybe sus due to April 1

2 hours ago, lust said:

Wikipedia says: "According to researchers, the park may have more tigers than China".

The park is actually the second biggest national park in Thailand, about 2,200 square kilometers. It is in between, and connected to, two other national parks, Khao Yai and Tha Phraya. The three parks together cover an area of around 5,000 square kilometers. 

• Like 1

Just hope the poachers don't get wind of this, would hate to see these last tigers get blown away because countless schmucks in China still believe that tiger parts can protect them from various diseases or give them a bigger erection.

I remember about 20 years ago National Geographic did research in Kaeng Krachan national park and found evidence that there was quite a large population of tigers there, possibly 50 to 100. It was on TV, and about 10 years later they went back and I think they couldn't find a single tiger anymore in Kaeng Krachan. At least not in the area where they had done the research before and found such a large population. So I guess the poachers got in there and killed them all. And the sad thing is that with every tiger they kill, the next one will become more valuable because there are less and less of these magnificent animals left.

Edited by rudi49jr
  • Thanks 1