Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

Upper Thailand urged to brace for summer thunderstorms

Recommended Posts

Upper Thailand urged to brace for summer thunderstorms

By THE NATION

 

800_64c0e8f0f5b6456.jpg

 

Upper Thailand could be hit by thunderstorms, the Thailand Meteorological Department warned on Tuesday (March 31).

 

The department said a high-pressure system from China will extend to the Northeast of Thailand and the South China Sea. In addition, the southerly and the southeasterly winds blow in with humidity from the South China Sea to the Northeast, the East, the Central and the lower North regions where hot to very hot conditions prevail.

 

Summer storms have been forecast for upper Thailand with thunderstorms, lightning and gusty winds. Hail is possible in some areas of the North, the Northeast, the East and the Central regions.

 

People in upper Thailand have been advised to avoid unsecure outdoor places and large trees. Farmers should beware of damage to crops.

 

The following provinces could be affected on April 1-2:

Northeast: Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Kalasin, Maha Sarakham, Roi Et, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Si Sa Ket and Ubon Ratchathani.

 

East: Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

 

On April 3-4:

North: Phayao, Nan, Phrae, Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Uttaradit, Phitsanulok, Sukhothai, Phichit, Kamphaeng Phet, Phetchabun and Tak.

 

Northeast: Loei, Nong Bua Lam Phu, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Kalasin, Maha Sarakham, Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram and Surin.

 

East: Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

 

Central: Nakhon Sawan, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Chai Nat, Ang Thong, Sing Buri and Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya.

 

The warning is in effect from March 31, 5am. The next weather advisory will be at 5pm.

 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385128

 

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be taking a strange route on 1-2 April as it travels from Nong Khai, Udon Thani, Kalasin, Maha Sarakham, Roi Et, but completely avoids Khon Kaen!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are usually the storms that blow into CM and you have to make sure everything is batten down. Swirly hot gusty wind. 
 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the Chiang Mai forecast from tmd ,applies up to 26 April.IMG_9241.PNG.ba88e2fd03a072a0ac4d618f599d71f2.PNG Rain everyday! 🤣

 

Other sites, Accuweather etc show hot and sunny.

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucky you. The times inbetween ordering a tanker to top off the water tank in south Pattaya are getting shorter, now it's every five days. Soon the water will be completely off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely welcome the rain, just let it be without the hail, wind and lightning we had last week.  Wicked wind and lightning, could do without that.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

Put the fan on outside 

Tried it.  Doesn't help,  just blows hot air. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thailand said:

This is the Chiang Mai forecast from tmd, applies up to 26 April.Rain everyday! 🤣

You have a different TMD to me then, they are usually as accurate as it is possible to get, they have no rain forecast, apart from two days when there is a 10% chance, or look at it another way, 90% chance there will be no rain, hardly unusual for this time of year.

As localised as these storms are impossible to predict, there will always be those with high expectations and little understanding though. 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...