Emergency could be extended

snoop1130

13 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

Exactly!!! As in the early days of HIV/AIDS thousands of causes of deaths were put down to other causes, pneumonia caused by having no immune system being one of them!! 

I don’t know what the legal requirement Is in Thailand, but in many Western countries the specific cause of death has to be recorded, as in your example pneumonia.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Even if Thailand tries to reopen the tourism, the airlines have cancelled their

international routes, and will not be starting up very quickly.  It may be China

and India that  go back for their vacations,  but I believe  they have also

cancelled their airlines.  People are still trying to get back to their home

countries and are still stranded abroad.  Good luck to all who are living or are

stranded in Thailand.

Geezer

My home and family are in Thailand, where my wife and daughters stay, while I live and work in Myanmar.  I came home for a visa run (Myanmar visa, not Thai) but am now stuck here as well!

Unable to return means unable to work.  Kinda screwed.

• Sad 4

13 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Shame this option didn't enter their minds a couple of months back, when it was absolutely containable, especially if they had shut down flights from China and subsequently other infected countries quicker.

The people will suffer from the continued incompetency and lack of willing to make unpopular decisions at the appropriate time.

Thought they could dodge a bullet to keep tourism flowing and instead, trod on a land mine.

But he is where he wants state of emergency he again optain full power no interruption 

So he will extend that too way over the fullest 

No politicals, money still come to his pocket, still no money to the people, and nobody to look if there are money in the state, or what he used them on and fore 

They should have cut him short, no matter the sacrifice would have been big. 

now it's getting bigger without gaining anything

bad luck trying to do the right thing with the failed election 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Shame this option didn't enter their minds a couple of months back, when it was absolutely containable, especially if they had shut down flights from China and subsequently other infected countries quicker.

The people will suffer from the continued incompetency and lack of willing to make unpopular decisions at the appropriate time.

Thought they could dodge a bullet to keep tourism flowing and instead, trod on a land mine.

There is no lack of willing to make unpopular decisions he makes them all the time , it's just stupidity when it comes to covid . 

• Like 2

Fortunately, getting the virus from China now has been greatly reduced.  All new cases in China are from 'imports' with no new local cases. (according to them).  Factories etc are in full swing and ironically, China have now instigated aggressive screening of visitors.

1 hour ago, Chassa said:

There seems to be no increase in funerals in my area of Isaan. So they ain't all dyin' yet!

2 weeks incubation another 2 weeks before death comes creeping into the room so about a months time before increases will be noticeable. 

Such total rubbish , they have no idea of the "total numbers" since there weren't reliable tests in place and there was no start date. They will never know and theres absolutely no proof that the draconian measures they've put in effect are doing anything other than trashing the economy and people's quality of life will be  pushed further and further into despair. At least the " lucky ones " got out and to their home areas in the nick of time where they'll have a much better life than the government could provide. Has any government ever promised to keep us disease free and safe ? 

How about the choking pollution all over the country. I'm in Hua Hin area and everyone here is coughing and sneezing due to the indescriminate burning of fields due to the government's tax rate change for open land. 

Just my observations and opinions. Be safe don't use a dirty filthy mask ...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DrTuner said:

None, unless you were already confirmed. The deaths that have been reported come from the confirmed pool, which itself fills very slowly thanks to the slow testing and even getting to be a PUI and tested is a strictly filtered process. Add all of this up and you'll have a filter that nearly eliminates the number of deaths. The reported ones, that is.

Would the overall death figures give any guidance? If there's an increase in deaths due to the virus but they aren't recorded as such you might see it in the total figured.