Emergency could be extended

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Chinese study showing impact of humidity and temp on spread of virus. 

Capture1.PNG

Capture3.PNG

The top one shows temperature and what looks like (°C). The second one shows relative humidity but also seems to be labelled (°C).

It's a bit small on my phone so maybe I'm misreading it.

• Like 1

Just now, kimamey said:

The top one shows temperature and what looks like (°C). The second one shows relative humidity but also seems to be labelled (°C).

Yes, its Celsius. Top is temp bottom humidity. 

8 minutes ago, Mattd said:

You say that as if this virus is going to kill every single person it infects!

No.You say I say that.That's a bit different isn't it.Is that the best you can do to try and make stuff up to try and make a point?Just make your point and stop trying so hard to make a fool of yourself and you might want to calm down a little as hyperventilating affects brain function as you so clearly demonstrate.Apart from that I agree with the rest of your post,well said.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

It 'seems' to me based on the study and other things I have read that there is a sweet spot for this virus. I would say its reasonable to assume it likes being in temps of about 5 - 18 degrees celcius??? I am sorry that its not all doom and gloom as, it seems on here no one is allowed to counter such arguments. I would rather look at studies such as this than rely on 'Pattaya Pete' and his ladyboy lover for my info....if its all the same to you lot.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Yes, its Celsius. Top is temp bottom humidity. 

I wouldn't have thought that relative humidity would be measured in degrees Celsius. Isn't it usually a percentage. Maybe it's just a typo but that seems unlikely. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

No.You say I say that.That's a bit different isn't it.Is that the best you can do to try and make stuff up to try and make a point?Just make your point and stop trying so hard to make a fool of yourself and you might want to calm down a little as hyperventilating affects brain function as you so clearly demonstrate.Apart from that I agree with the rest of your post,well said.

Wow! Strange reply, perfectly calm this end.

The point of my post regarding the morbidity rate was to state fact, nothing is made up whatsoever.

I might have misinterpreted your post, for which I apologise.

I will also concede that the rate will be affected by the ability of the healthcare of a country to cope, which will vary widely country to country.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Shame this option didn't enter their minds a couple of months back, when it was absolutely containable, especially if they had shut down flights from China and subsequently other infected countries quicker.

The people will suffer from the continued incompetency and lack of willing to make unpopular decisions at the appropriate time.

Thought they could dodge a bullet to keep tourism flowing and instead, trod on a land mine.

Are you suggesting they can no longer open their mouth to change feet. Or is it, 'NO' feet to place in mouth?

13 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I checked out Brazil on the worldometer list and tried to count how many cold countries are below it on the list and found I ran out of fingers and toes.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Just looked at that. There are a couple of problems that I can see. 

Firstly we don't know how accurate all these figures are. There appear to be differing methods used plus some countries are less honest than others.

Secondly giving absolute figures doesn't make sense to me given the vastly different population numbers of each country. Surely a percentage would be better. 

59 minutes ago, Rick1812 said:

I check BKK arrivals website the other day - plenty of planes arriving from China.  

May be right but probably all cargo planes. There are very limited people allowed to enter Thailand at the moment. Governement officials, work permit etc. There certainly are not any normal tourists, look it up on the CAAT site.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Wow! Strange reply, perfectly calm this end.

The point of my post regarding the morbidity rate was to state fact, nothing is made up whatsoever.

I might have misinterpreted your post, for which I apologise.

I will also concede that the rate will be affected by the ability of the healthcare of a country to cope, which will vary widely country to country.

I wonder how you conclude that what I said could be interpreted as meaning that everybody who is infected will die?That's the part of your post I struggle with.

10 minutes ago, jimn said:

May be right but probably all cargo planes. There are very limited people allowed to enter Thailand at the moment. Governement officials, work permit etc. There certainly are not any normal tourists, look it up on the CAAT site.

Do cargo planes show up on arrivals though?

I've just looked on Flightradar 24 and there doesn't seem to be much going on at BKK or DMK. A few cargo planesand Royal Thai Airforce around DMK plus some that have no destination entered. They may be just being moved around the airport. In China it's  mainly domestic and Hong Kong as far as I can see. 

There were a couple of police helicopters over route 2 north of Khao Yai and south of Lumtakong but I'd expect that anyway. 

28 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

It 'seems' to me based on the study and other things I have read that there is a sweet spot for this virus. I would say its reasonable to assume it likes being in temps of about 5 - 18 degrees celcius??? I am sorry that its not all doom and gloom as, it seems on here no one is allowed to counter such arguments. I would rather look at studies such as this than rely on 'Pattaya Pete' and his ladyboy lover for my info....if its all the same to you lot.

As the temps in USA rise as they enter warmer temps the numbers are skyrocketing into doom and gloom territory.

6 hours ago, Vigilante said:

I wonder how many thais are prepared for say...a six month loss of income (or a year)

Most think  it will be over in a month or two

..exactly..

..and what will those most desperate people be prepared to do to survive!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, jimn said:

Not all cargo. A few passenger aircraft landed this morning already from various Chinese cities.

36 minutes ago, kimamey said:

The top one seems to show that the virus doesn't reproduce much over 25°C.

Unfortunately, that's misleading because it was taken from Chinese cities in winter, where  temperatures over 25°C would be rare.  So what looks like a get-out for Thailand isn't, the data for temperatures around 30°C simply isn't there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

As the temps in USA rise as they enter warmer temps the numbers are skyrocketing into doom and gloom territory.

There is quite a lag from first infection to symptoms and worse. Heat will slow the infection rate. 

Countries that have a democratic Government are looking at reports that are given to them by proven experts. These reports are given 24/7 not we will look at again next week and see what our military cabinet come up with.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Good comment. Due to lack of testing and typical Thai cover up and incompetency, I suspect we have only seen the tip of the iceberg.

I saw a statement from the Health minister about a month ago which virtually  said that Thailand really did not have to worry because we have high temperatures and the virus cannot live in these conditions.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

This is so incredibly irresponsible. The person that unilaterally lays down edict in Thailand has declared that...

maybe or maybe NOT (I haven't made up my pretty little head)...

Thailand will be locked down for another SIXTY days.

Really audacious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Winky Wilson said:

Thailand is one of the safest places to be right now with its sweltering heat. The mortality here is close to zero. Cambodia zero. Most patients are recovering fine. This is fact. 

Brazil on the equator has more cases (5812) and a CFR of 3.47% than Norway (4641 cases) and the CFR is 0.84%.Doesn't look like the weather is having much if any impact.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Confused 1