Emergency could be extended

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Even if Thailand tries to reopen the tourism, the airlines have cancelled their

international routes, and will not be starting up very quickly.  It may be China

and India that  go back for their vacations,  but I believe  they have also

cancelled their airlines.  People are still trying to get back to their home

countries and are still stranded abroad.  Good luck to all who are living or are

stranded in Thailand.

Geezer

Even if there is a flight anywhere, the price will be treble the normal cost. For them its a good chance to profiteer 

36 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I wonder how you conclude that what I said could be interpreted as meaning that everybody who is infected will die?That's the part of your post I struggle with.

You struggle with understanding the time of year when temps in the USA rise.  It ain't April.  Try June or July.  Numbers are skyrocketing as more and more people are getting tested, meanwhile cases are "dropping" in China because their data is convoluted beyond belief.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rabang said:

Do you think population sizes have any impact?

Certainly.I think it may have more impact than the weather.I don't deny the there maybe a measurable impact of the weather but I believe it will be insignificant. 

1 minute ago, johno49 said:

if the government monitor this forum and i guess that they do is it any wonder they want us gone and are making it harder for us to live here.

not making judgements just saying

21 minutes ago, sukhumvitneon said:

You struggle with understanding the time of year when temps in the USA rise.  It ain't April.  Try June or July.  Numbers are skyrocketing as more and more people are getting tested, meanwhile cases are "dropping" in China because their data is convoluted beyond belief.

i wonder how most of the op's know so much about the inner workings of Thailand and other countries and the validity of the information being distributed, i think i am in the midst of geniuses.

7 hours ago, Terek said:

... I personally can adjust to everything, and will find something positive in every situation, so go on , don't be shy, lets continue this emergency for some year or two :)) I am just looking how much money I save not going out spending at bars so that's good for my wallet 

"'is name's Jack, but 'e's alwrite..."

4 minutes ago, johno49 said:

i wonder how most of the op's know so much about the inner workings of Thailand and other countries and the validity of the information being distributed, i think i am in the midst of geniuses.

"I think so, John0..."

...and poets!

16 minutes ago, johno49 said:

i think i am in the midst of geniuses.

You joined the forum a full week ago and you have only just realised this! :shock1:

Welcome ????

Hopefully the standard of your postings rise ???? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Or in Bangkok - we had covid (from a friend who stayed from UK) and were told flatly that if its just mild symptoms stay home and isolate.  Either they dont think they want the numbers on the record or testing is inadequate.  Further, no antibody testing yet in Thailand so no idea who has had the virus and recovered.

Would be curious to hear of your symptoms, and how the virus manifested itself. I too think I've had a mild dose some weeks ago, but I have no way of knowing, or indeed whether I developed antibodies. However, not sure that is helpful, as we do not yet know whether antibodies create immunity for future infection:

http://theconversation.com/antibody-tests-to-get-a-grip-on-coronavirus-we-need-to-know-whos-already-had-it-134547

3 hours ago, HHTel said:

Reported as if that's a plus!!

To the government and others:

STOP PROMOTING THE USE OF MASKS AS THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.

Because of this, Thais actually believe that if they're wearing a mask then they're safe!

I went into 7/11 yesterday afternoon.  I used the sanitiser on the way in and on leaving.  If there's no sanitiser then I'll use my own, which I'm never without.  Then consciously keep my distance from others.  When I arrive home, I wash my hands with soap and water before doing anything else.

I decided to watch people going in and out of 7/11 for 15 mins.  In that time I notice most Thais wearing masks but NOT ONE used the sanitiser and were certainly not practicing social distancing.

The emphasis needs to shift from masks to hand washing, social distancing because until then, masks become the be all and end all of protection.

Retail outlets etc have now banned entry without a mask.  The government have now classified used masks as hazardous material to be disposed of in red bins, highlighting again the importance of masks as the number one priority.

Until people get real on how to protect themselves, it's not going to get better.

There is indeed a belief that the masks are somehow "magic". It's the same mindset that believes some people are less of a risk than others: maids who look after pu yai who may be self isolating (elderly), when the maid visits the supermarket, probably using public transport to and from. Or indeed the vast army of staff that serves the good and the great on a daily basis. We will never know the extent of infection, or indeed the level of infection, (mild vs. severe...well we will probably know about severe). This is the truly frightening aspect of this virus. I have friends in UK who still have their daily cleaner, because "she does the downstairs when I'm upstairs", as though somehow CV19 doesn't "travel", or certainly doesn't go upstairs...but the cleaner does, once she's finished the downstairs, and the employer goes downstairs, so they are socially distant. If only it were that easy!

3 hours ago, Rick1812 said:

I check BKK arrivals website the other day - plenty of planes arriving from China.  

Are they full? Stupid question. Does the lockdown not apply to the Chinese? Stupid question again.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

As we have said all along!  The government are now admitting that the only reason that the number of cases has grown (and hovered around the 100+ mark) is due to the number, or lack of, tests.  No-one really knows how many cases their are in the remote parts of Thailand!

You actually think this tourism based military money grabbing government would admit the real figures if they did do more testing anyhow ? 

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

lol I'll buy every member of Thaivisa a vat of wine if the Emergency isnt extended for a long long time after 30th April......

........and you can screenshot that ????

What do you class as a long long time? Oh! and as a non drinker, what do I get to replace the wine? ????

17 hours ago, Zikomat said:

The idea of reopening the places like Pattaya bars and massage saloons any time soon is idiotic in itself. Even if they will be allowed to open again (the will not be) - where will they get their customers from?

Wuhan had total lockdown ( Chinese know how do do lockdown ok) and it lasted 11 weeks ... Double that because we are nowhere near lockdown

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Not all cargo. A few passenger aircraft landed this morning already from various Chinese cities.

So the Chinese are actually allowed in here to Thailand, or are they just passing through? Stupid question.

Edited by possum1931

Of course the State of Emergency will be extended, did anyone think it wouldn't be? There is no end in sight. Personally, being on lockdown is OK with me because I stay home and write 9 hours a day, every day, whether apocalypses are raining down on the world or not. Keep safe guys & girls, cheers!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vigilante said:

Brasil has 170(?) mil people versus 5 for Norway

Apples and watermelons

I was comparing temps not apples.So are you suggesting that population density has more of an impact than the weather?If so we are in agreement and I would then thank you for supporting my argument.Cheers!

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

2 weeks incubation another 2 weeks before death comes creeping into the room so about a months time before increases will be noticeable. 

Returnees have been coming home for 2 months already!

15 minutes ago, Chassa said:

Returnees have been coming home for 2 months already!

I was kinda suggesting since the mass exodus.So how many temples have you been monitoring around the country that have not experienced any increase in cremations?Is it possible that any increase may occur elsewhere and in numbers that are not noticeable?There are hundreds if not thousands of temples each with their own crematorium around the country so one here or there could easily increase the total dramatically but not be noticeable on a local level. 

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I was kinda suggesting since the mass exodus.So how many temples have you been monitoring around the country that have not experienced any increase in cremations?Is it possible that any increase may occur elsewhere and in numbers that are not noticeable?There are hundreds if not thousands of temples each with their own crematorium around the country so one here or there could easily increase the total dramatically but not be noticeable on a local level. 

My area in Isaan about 15 temples in earshot. Maybe we are just lucky, got the right amulets!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chassa said:

My area in Isaan about 15 temples in earshot. Maybe we are just lucky, got the right amulets!

Must drive you mad with all those bells ringing in the morning.Not to mention all the monks filing past in the morning begging for food trying to make you feel guilty for not sharing.

19 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Shame this option didn't enter their minds a couple of months back, when it was absolutely containable, especially if they had shut down flights from China and subsequently other infected countries quicker.

The people will suffer from the continued incompetency and lack of willing to make unpopular decisions at the appropriate time.

Thought they could dodge a bullet to keep tourism flowing and instead, trod on a land mine.

You are forgetting that China LIED about it!!!!!! The USA cases keep rising now because they are doing 100,000+ tests a day, when the start they had no test kits. China lied to everyone, Trump reacted within 10 days to shut down China Travel and the Dem's thought that was mean, racists etc but it save us from having a million or so dead.