Extra relief measures on the cards if virus prolongs

snoop1130

Extra relief measures on the cards if virus prolongs

By The Nation

800_915f5aba0d5e79b.jpg

Prayut Chan-o-cha, Prime Minister

The government would issue additional relief measures if the Covid-19 pandemic prolongs for a long period, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said after the Cabinet meeting on Tuesday (March 31).

He said approximately 20 million people affected by the fallout of Covid-19 had registered to receive cash handouts from the government.

“But it does not mean that everyone is eligible for the programme. We will check their qualifications, while those who filled in false information but have received the handout, will be asked to return the money later,” he said.

The premier said he understood the extensive impact of the crisis on the general public, while asking them to be considerate with those facing real difficulties.

“For those who are not eligible to receive relief cash, we will issue additional measures to ease their concerns,” he added.

“We expected the situation to prolong and worsen, we would issue relief measures in the third and fourth phases of the virus' development. But, but we have to consider the required funding from both the 2020 annual budget and borrowing.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385149

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-31

13 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

It's called living within your means.

Try to explain this theory to a country who 10 years ago didn’t know how to manage a simple card Bank.

• Like 2

What about some measures against some shopping malls refusing to discount rents. Some are offering 100%, some 50%, while some, like the mall I own a business in is saying tough, pay up every last baht. Surely there has to be some consistency.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, david2017 said:

What about some measures against some shopping malls refusing to discount rents. Some are offering 100%, some 50%, while some, like the mall I own a business in is saying tough, pay up every last baht. Surely there has to be some consistency.

You opened a business in a country where money is God. What did you expect?

As for the above photo of Prayut, wearing a mask made from what appears to be the same material as his Chinese silk shirt..... I will leave it for others to comment. Under the circumstances, my usual wit and humour fail me.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

I'm not. It's called living within your means.

Excellent news for bargain hunters with a bit of cash. 

Wait a while, the initial prices will be very speculative, when they realise it's a buyers market, and these are nonessential items, prices will sink faster than the Titanic. 

Some might call your comment callous. I'll call it good business sense. And perhaps a teaching to those that took out the loans to gain face. 

Maybe I've lived here too long. I think I'm starting to think like a Sino-Thai.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just looking on facebook you can see there is a serious problem in the near future, people can't pay rent or buy food

when they can't top up the phone or buy noodle soup from Seven it'll be bad.

So many borrow money every month from Mr. 10% too.  How much sympathy will they from him get after a week or two of non payments?

• Like 1