BANGKOK
snoop1130

Student wear maker handing out face masks with three layers

3 minutes ago, teatree said:

Studentwear?

School Uniforms 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Wonder where i can get this in Chiang Mai. The current surgical mask I have is too thin.

This student-wear looks much better and thicker.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, teatree said:

Studentwear?

Yes, and I'll bet the people queueing up weren't staying 2 metres apart - great way to spread the virus.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

handing out 300,000 face masks for free at our stores and the premises of our partners,

And I hope that all those queuing for these masks will socially distance themselves from those in front and behind them ... probably not

Pug

your post is full of inaccuracies, bad advice and does more harm than good...

yes, you are upset that someone  criticized the article which actually from my professional view in PPE is pretty much true...nothing misleading about his criticism...

effort doesn’t equate to effectiveness and that was the gist of the post you criticized...

a mask (i.e. surgical mask) or anything over the face (your expression) is NOT a respirator (N-95) but this task would It be impossible to communicate and effectively practiced by the general public...

A respirator must be properly fit tested before use and used only by individuals in a working population (I.e. employees)....it is not designed for general use. That’s the reason why professionals say the N-95 should not be worn by the general public especially in light of shortages needed by HC workers..

the WHO is an organization that  makes recommendations only and finds themselves in a very tough position as compared to OSHA which must follow and enforce regulatory standards for PPE....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AgentSmith said:

Today local Tesco Lotus Express markets started imposing the use of face masks on customers. I now go straight to 7-eleven right across the street.

Walking around with nothing over your mouth/nose sucking in everything that's going... yeah that's a bright idea!!

But I respect your freedom of choice.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The array masks used by the public is only a psychological benefit but no Effectiveness benefit if you believe in research data...

respirators (not masks) are created specifically for specific air contaminants. (Dust TB droplets fumes gases smoke particles vapors etc)

I cringe when I see the general public in CM wearing surgical masks, cloth masks, bandanas and other fly by night masks for the current air pollution (smoke particles)....only N-95 and other approved dust mist fume respirators are scientifically proven for that specific air contaminant in occupational settings...

these other mask Companies can sell and deceive the public b/c there is no regulatory body that enforces respirator use in the public domain...it would be an impossible undertaking so gov agencies decided to let the public go unregulated....hence why you see everything under the sun (if you could it in CM) worn by the public ....

7 hours ago, ThePugAndMe said:

What are your credentials you boob?

The WHO's guidelines in January was this wasn't human transmissible OR that we needed to lock down borders. That it wasn't a pandemic and we shouldn't wear face masks.

Simple fact, back in 1918 they realized masks worked and official guidance was that ANYTHING over the face MAKES A DIFFERENCE. That's the same news coming out around the world now. So put a bandanna, cloth mask whatever, it all helps.

Stop listening to the WHO and unless your an expert on virus, stop spreading silly advice.

And what are your medical credentials?

What he is wearing on his face appears to be a pad out of a bra cup. Dual purpose?