Student wear maker handing out face masks with three layers

snoop1130

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

handing out 300,000 face masks for free at our stores and the premises of our partners,

And I hope that all those queuing for these masks will socially distance themselves from those in front and behind them ... probably not

Pug

your post is full of inaccuracies, bad advice and does more harm than good...

yes, you are upset that someone  criticized the article which actually from my professional view in PPE is pretty much true...nothing misleading about his criticism...

effort doesn’t equate to effectiveness and that was the gist of the post you criticized...

a mask (i.e. surgical mask) or anything over the face (your expression) is NOT a respirator (N-95) but this task would It be impossible to communicate and effectively practiced by the general public...

A respirator must be properly fit tested before use and used only by individuals in a working population (I.e. employees)....it is not designed for general use. That’s the reason why professionals say the N-95 should not be worn by the general public especially in light of shortages needed by HC workers..

the WHO is an organization that  makes recommendations only and finds themselves in a very tough position as compared to OSHA which must follow and enforce regulatory standards for PPE....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AgentSmith said:

Today local Tesco Lotus Express markets started imposing the use of face masks on customers. I now go straight to 7-eleven right across the street.

Walking around with nothing over your mouth/nose sucking in everything that's going... yeah that's a bright idea!!

But I respect your freedom of choice.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The array masks used by the public is only a psychological benefit but no Effectiveness benefit if you believe in research data...

respirators (not masks) are created specifically for specific air contaminants. (Dust TB droplets fumes gases smoke particles vapors etc)

I cringe when I see the general public in CM wearing surgical masks, cloth masks, bandanas and other fly by night masks for the current air pollution (smoke particles)....only N-95 and other approved dust mist fume respirators are scientifically proven for that specific air contaminant in occupational settings...

these other mask Companies can sell and deceive the public b/c there is no regulatory body that enforces respirator use in the public domain...it would be an impossible undertaking so gov agencies decided to let the public go unregulated....hence why you see everything under the sun (if you could it in CM) worn by the public ....

7 hours ago, ThePugAndMe said:

What are your credentials you boob?

The WHO's guidelines in January was this wasn't human transmissible OR that we needed to lock down borders. That it wasn't a pandemic and we shouldn't wear face masks.

Simple fact, back in 1918 they realized masks worked and official guidance was that ANYTHING over the face MAKES A DIFFERENCE. That's the same news coming out around the world now. So put a bandanna, cloth mask whatever, it all helps.

Stop listening to the WHO and unless your an expert on virus, stop spreading silly advice.

And what are your medical credentials?

10 hours ago, AgentSmith said:

Masks aren't about thickness. They're about not letting through fine particles of dust and yes.. viruses. Any manufacturer of face masks that tries to promote their brand as if they're trying to sell ass wipes I'll happily let pass.

Europe already discarded millions of Chinese face masks because they weren't any good. That and the false sense of safety that any mask provides and possibly even higher risks of contracting this virus because of all the fiddling and face touching keep me from using them. I had to make an exception when entering the local immigration building. Unfortunately I didn't have a choice. Today local Tesco Lotus Express markets started imposing the use of face masks on customers. I now go straight to 7-eleven right across the street.

Why Asia doesn't follow WHO guidelines for face masks is beyond me. I've come to accept all the peculiarities of Asia but this mask obsession still gets me..

..most are just hiding behind their personal firewall, and just dont understand microbiology.

11 hours ago, AgentSmith said:

Masks aren't about thickness. They're about not letting through fine particles of dust and yes.. viruses. Any manufacturer of face masks that tries to promote their brand as if they're trying to sell ass wipes I'll happily let pass.

Europe already discarded millions of Chinese face masks because they weren't any good. That and the false sense of safety that any mask provides and possibly even higher risks of contracting this virus because of all the fiddling and face touching keep me from using them. I had to make an exception when entering the local immigration building. Unfortunately I didn't have a choice. Today local Tesco Lotus Express markets started imposing the use of face masks on customers. I now go straight to 7-eleven right across the street.

Why Asia doesn't follow WHO guidelines for face masks is beyond me. I've come to accept all the peculiarities of Asia but this mask obsession still gets me..

They don't have to be perfect to reduce the spread if everyone wears a mask. Even surgical masks will do. Asia doesn't follow the WHO because they are very aware its flawed. Thank god.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AgentSmith said:

For one my local 7--11  has sigIns saying wear a mask in store and all workers inside wear masks (I am in BKK) was in Big C extra Muhuhan cannot enter without a mask and they take your temperature. Macro and Tesco doing same. Can not ride Sky Train without  a mask  The WHO and CDC are changing their view.  Basically ANY kind of mask isbetter than nothing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/memos-from-cdc-to-white-house-lay-out-rationale-for-possible-widespread-use-of-face-coverings/ar-BB11YZFz?li=BBnbcA1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/healthnews/coronavirus-outbreak-officials-weigh-risks-changes-to-face-mask-guidance/sl-BB11YzO0?OCID=PrimeSpotlight

I will they find when all is said and done that objects and surfaces can transmit the virus equally as air...

unlike TB droplets which is the same molecular weight as air and thus suspended indefinitely in air, CV is heavily than air and will fall to the surface much sooner...

And people don’t realize how many times they are touching objects in public (doors seats countertops handrails bathroom sinks shopping carts and baskets plastic objects of all types etc)....

ione is practicing social distancing for airborne transmission...

but watch how many objects in public people touch w/o consideration and then touch own body parts...

looking forward to reading research Articles on this virus in the future

4 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I will they find when all is said and done that objects and surfaces can transmit the virus equally as air...

unlike TB droplets which is the same molecular weight as air and thus suspended indefinitely in air, CV is heavily than air and will fall to the surface much sooner...

This is not quite correct. Both coronavirus and TB (a bacterium, not a virus) can be carried in particles of any size.

These can range from tiny aerosols of less than 1 micron which float in an airborne manner to very large visible globules of fluid, simply depending on how hard you cough.  Particles from subjects infected with either TB or coronavirus don't have a defined weight (or "molecular weight" of any kind - they are not molecules!) nor do they have a particular defined size.

Instead, the only size TB particles that are infective are the ones that happen to be very small aerosols, and therefore can be completely airborne, because the cells that TB infects are deep inside your lungs, and can only be reached by inhalation of air. Touch is not enough to transmit TB because you can't touch the cells deep inside your lungs that TB infects.

Coronavirus can infect cells from the inside of your nose, surface of mouth and eyes, as well as  cells deep inside the lung, and therefore can be transmitted by all particle sizes, both those that can be inhaled and by you touching a surface that a big blob of coronavirus has landed on and then touching your nose eyes or mouth.

This is why the Covid-19 causing virus is so much more contagious than TB.

Edited by partington

12 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

What he is wearing on his face appears to be a pad out of a bra cup. Dual purpose?

Yeah I heard last week that a bra factory outside of Bangkok has pivoted to churning out face masks instead, using same material of stock on hand. One of the new benefits is the masks they are going to produce will be odor-repellant. Wondering if this is said factory...

The mask has three layers that can guard against moisture, dust, and virus. In addition, it contains no chemicals and can be washed up to 100 times.

They say a mask is only good for 20 minutes. 

That's only good for 33,33333333333333333333 hours. Great! 

Washing your mask will leave you unprotected.  ✈️

1 minute ago, watthong said:

Yeah I heard last week that a bra factory outside of Bangkok has pivoted to churning out face masks instead, using same material of stock on hand. One of the new benefits is the masks they are going to produce will be odor-repellant. Wondering if this is said factory...

Plastic bags with a tennis ball will do the trick.

13 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

The mask has three layers that can guard against moisture, dust, and virus. In addition, it contains no chemicals and can be washed up to 100 times.

They say a mask is only good for 20 minutes. 

That's only good for 33,33333333333333333333 hours. Great! 

Washing your mask will leave you unprotected.  ✈️

Who is  "they" in your post that says a mask is only good for 20 mins? Care to post a link?  Washing a mask will leave yu unprotected?  I think people will have more than 1 mask and the masks don't have to be worn 24/7 just when out in public. Wash 1 wear other while the wet  1 is drying  preferably in direct sunlight.