Overstay fine?

When’s this BS announcement coming in about them potentially extending all foreigners until June 30, how many more people have to catch corona before action is finally taken.

are people in the same boat they have a visa about to expire this week and they are gonna risk overstaying and wait for the announcement before they part ways with their 1900 baht?... knowing my luck I will extend and they will anounce it the next day we can all stay until June30 when I’ll only get until May 3rd!

part of me I care more about my health than a shi**y stamp in my passport in a corona infested office but the immigration office only care about getting their money from the foreigners which they have openly labelled us as ‘dirty farangs’ 

other PArt of me can’t be bothered with the hassle they will probably give us for overstaying but they have not left us with decent options as of now. The immigration office is one of the main reasons for the spread, the CW office is no busier than an airport so why is it still open <deleted>. 

Edited by Jackcwba
Missed something
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

I care more about my health than a shi**y stamp in my passport in a corona infested office

5 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

The immigration office is one of the main reasons for the spread

Where is the evidence which supports these wild assertions?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:

Where is the evidence which supports these wild assertions?

but jack has a point, sitting in a IO office for hours on end with hundreds of others.but you seem that group gatherings is not a problem.

• Like 2

Nice rant OP. Feel better now you have it off your chest?.

So what exactly was the question?

Immigration to the best of my knowledge has never said or labeled us Dirty Farangs. I believe that was Mr foot in mouth health minister.

Immigration one of the main reasons? 

So you are yourself implying that it's dirty Farangs spreading it.

What a load of complete Tosh you wrote.

But I hope you feel better for it.

I would apply for an extension before your permission to stay expires. Any COVID-19 extension will be "under consideration" first anyway, so if they make a change in the meantime, chances are they will also be applied to those already in the process.

I agree that attending a crowded immigration office is risky, but in the big scheme of things, going on overstay in this situation is even riskier. Depending on how things will develop with regards to border closures and flight cancellations, resolving any overstay could well become very difficult for a long time.

Edited by Caldera