Full Lock Down - Stay at Current Spot?

banagan

If there's a full lockdown, do you think we'll have to stay where we currently are. I've rented my place, over a month to go. Not supposed to be here, but had to come back early, which is fine. 

Just worried that I may not be able to go back if there's a full lock down.

1 hour ago, banagan said:

If there's a full lockdown, do you think we'll have to stay where we currently are.

I believe it will be entirely your choice, unless you get yourself into a situation that requires your deportation and you or somebody else pays for your transportation out of Thailand (and the charges for your lodging in the immigration detention centre prior to your departure)

I think that at this stage, if you have not got to a place where you can stay in the medium term, your place would be in the asylum for the very bewildered. If you read any news outlet, you will see that short shutdowns have turned into longer shutdowns.

21 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Hopefully I can sneak my way home from Amata Nakorn to NongPrue.

There are no travel restrictions within Thailand at the moment. Although the advice is don't. Bus, train, car, plane. I think the mode is up to you ....go now anyway. Things might change. Fortunately in Thailand any governmental decision requires much thought about the consequences first which takes time! As the PM reminds us daily. Meanwhile at local and provincial level it's a free for all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kalasin Jo said:

There are no travel restrictions within Thailand at the moment. Although the advice is don't. Bus, train, car, plane. I think the mode is up to you ....go now anyway. Things might change. Fortunately in Thailand any governmental decision requires much thought about the consequences first which takes time! As the PM reminds us daily. Meanwhile at local and provincial level it's a free for all.

Lockdown (per the thread title) could also include travel restrictions................. was post was tongue in cheek BTW.

You should stay where you are. In a few more weeks it could prove difficult to travel freely, and to find a hotel room. If you still have a month left on your rental place you don't need to panic just yet, but you might want to find out if you can stay longer just in case.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Well yo can not go to Mae Hong Son, No foreigners allowed for the next 14 days.....

42 minutes ago, SteveK said:

You should stay where you are. In a few more weeks it could prove difficult to travel freely, and to find a hotel room. If you still have a month left on your rental place you don't need to panic just yet, but you might want to find out if you can stay longer just in case.

Probably most renters would be happy to keep you with no one to replace you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kalasin Jo said:

"There are no travel restrictions within Thailand at the moment."  I was under the impression you weren't supposed to leave your province ???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Fortunately in Thailand any governmental decision requires much thought about the consequences first which takes time! As the PM reminds us daily.

since when have kneejerk Reactions been replaced by Forethought??

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

No travel restrictions eh?

Phuket is closed to all travel from land or sea (air will close in 10 days).

Phang Nga and Ranong are requiring "covid-free" health certificate from any foreigner or else no entry allowed. 

Mae Hong Son is closing to foreigners altogether, from what I understand.

Several islands including Ko Lipe, Ko Lan and Ko Si Chang are closed to all except residents. 

Surely there will be more of these kinds of restrictions on the way. 

8 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

If a lockdown is coming (and it should), you should occupy your time gathering foodstuffs rather than worry about moving.

A lockdown that prevents people being able to access food on a daily basis will collapse by the second or third day.