Concerned about taking the mrs to immigration 60 day extension.

Non imm o multi visa, married to Thai, entry stamp till 14th April, visa expires June 26th. My wife is a diabetic and is extremely susceptible to picking up an illness at the drop of a hat. Obviously I'm concerned about taking her to immigration in the current climate. If I do not go to immigration, I assume I will be on overstay after 14th April even though my visa runs till late June. Is this correct and will the non o visa automatically become invalid in the above case or can I still get a 90 day stay or 60 day extension at a later date? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by johnny1966

Your permission to stay determines when you will be on overstay so, yes, you must extend by April 14 to avoid an overstay. Usually, the 60-day extension requires your wife to be present. I would try having your wife write a letter in Thai explaining her health issues, and the inadvisability of her going anywhere in public. Instead, offer to have your wife attend via video link. In view of the exceptional circumstances, I think some offices will likely allow this, and others will not. It seems worth a try. Let us know how you get on.

How about your wife writes a short letter to explain everything then hopefully an IO will come to your house to make sure you are a couple and the marriage is genuine 

Because of the situation there must be some leeway 

Perhaps a few photos of you and your missus and a friend or neighbour could act as a witness 

I will have the same issue by mid may,  my Thai wife has a number of lung related issues plus immune issues because of the drugs she has to take,  she will not be accompanying me,  should she catch this visit she will surly die,  therefore I will not expose her to the risk,  end of. 

• Like 2

I'd ask the attending physician / Hospital to issue a letter that she must not leave the house for Health reasons. Do not forget to get the Stamp.
and, as already mentioned, photos, or the package of documentation usually required for marriage extension may help persuading the IO to make the exception.
Do you have a yellow book, she has the blue book I suppose for the area you are applying in ?

Moreover, I think it would be wise to go now, with the Medical Certificate, and discuss what papers are needed. Why not ask for them to issue Marriage extension (if you can show cash in the bank) so you do not have to run around every few months but just once a year instead.

11 hours ago, gwynt said:

I will have the same issue by mid may,  my Thai wife has a number of lung related issues plus immune issues because of the drugs she has to take,  she will not be accompanying me,  should she catch this visit she will surly die,  therefore I will not expose her to the risk,  end of. 

Mid May is an eternity from now under the prevailing circumstances. I think it highly probable that the Thai authorities will come to their senses before then.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Certainly hope so,  if I go for one year extension, wife officially should be present. "rock & hard place ". She will not be,  even if it will cost,  I will attempt to sort it all out when possibly common sense will return. 

I have not taken my wife for a 60 day extension of my Non O visa for over 10 years. Put all the paper work together and "just do it". 

I do not speak fluent Thai and understand even less. In the past 1-1/2 years I've used a voice translation app on my phone (as well as typing text). Google translate isn't bad although the Thai to English has lot to be desired since they 'upgraded' last month.  It was much better. Go figure.

Good luck, have fun. I hate my IO office.