Jump to content
BANGKOK
michel7752

Renewal of one year Retirement Visa when not in Thailand

Recommended Posts

On 4/10/2020 at 8:08 PM, ubonjoe said:

You could also apply for a single entry non-o visa online and mail the application and passport to the embassy.

Requirements are here. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

Not sure what the requirements will be for entering Thailand after they start allowing flights into the country again. Before it was a health certificate and a $100,000 US of covid 19 insurance coverage.

Check here for the latest requirements.  https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

I just got told (Probably fairly unofficially like No name on the reply) ... by the Thai Embassy in Australia, that with a Multiple Entry O- visa all I needed to get in was that visa to be valid. And then I would have to spend 14 Days in lock down in a Hotel in Bangkok, of Government Choice. ... Tough !!! But at least I would get there ! ... (And No In-house Massages I guess ? Right ???) 

 

… When the Airport is open, Australian allows it's citizens to leave, and the Airlines start to fly reliable again !!!

 

This IS Just a <Deleted> horrible situation ... …. And then there is all the People dying in pain, literally choking to death, as their lungs do not work anymore !!! ... (And this is happening in UK Old peoples nursing homes I believe, and they are still are not being included in the official death toll) .... And all the probably low cast Indians, who were just daily labor, .... dying trying to walk home as the Government closed down all of the Public transport, before they got the sack, and then they could not get back to any money or food, and their homes ... Or the Africans Dyeing because they cannot get out to find food ! And there is another just <Deleted> Huge Plague of Desert Locusts on it's way, to east Africa … AGAIN, ... So there probably will not be much food left out there any way !!! ...

 

… Still when the Governments Open the Borders, and the Airlines start Flying again ... I WILL try to get back home to my Place not far North of Bangkok. ..And be very ... VERY thankful. …. to be still alive if I do manage to get there.

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

I just got told (Probably fairly unofficially like No name on the reply) ... by the Thai Embassy in Australia, that with a Multiple Entry O- visa all I needed to get in was that visa to be valid. And then I would have to spend 14 Days in lock down in a Hotel in Bangkok, of Government Choice. ... Tough !!! But at least I would get there ! ... (And No In-house Massages I guess ? Right ???) 

I would say completely unofficial. Not sure anybody knows at this time  what will be needed when they start allowing flights into the country again. Perhaps a few high level officials might know what is being discussed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I would say completely unofficial. Not sure anybody knows at this time  what will be needed when they start allowing flights into the country again. Perhaps a few high level officials might know what is being discussed.

Yes, but well, it does make sense, ... Like if you already have a Visa, .... you already have a Visa, ... they can tighten restrictions to getting one ... but you already have one, ... So The only remaining problem is the Health aspects of it ??? .... Still YES as you say and I also know, .... we do not know until the borders open up, and people start being able to come back. - Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

Yes, but well, it does make sense, ... Like if you already have a Visa, .... you already have a Visa, ... they can tighten restrictions to getting one ... but you already have one, ... So The only remaining problem is the Health aspects of it ??? .... Still YES as you say and I also know, .... we do not know until the borders open up, and people start being able to come back. - Thanks.

I was only writing about the requirements to enter the country and etc. Not about what they said about the visa which may be correct. But even that could be wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I was only writing about the requirements to enter the country and etc. Not about what they said about the visa which may be correct. But even that could be wrong though.

Yes Thanks, your mail was the one I found most Interesting,  .... But as the other guy said, we only will know what really will be required, and what will happen, when the Borders open up and People start to get in.

 

I think Requirements to get in to the Country, depend on what sort of Visa you have ? …. Like if you do not have a Visa they might be quite tough in Future, which we all probably will not like at all. … And just looking at the UK embassies requirements, for the Visa,  they are !!! Being VERY Tough Now !!! .....

 

… Right back at the start though, when Jet star canceled my Connection to Melbourne, and rumors started flying, and I panicked and VERY stupidly canceled my Flight !!! …. They, the Airline at least, did pretty knowingly say that with a NON O- visa, like I had, …. I WOULD get a boarding pass, …and I WOULD get in to Thailand ? … Like at about 19th March that was, just before then and Qantas canceled all of their flights to Asia and offers Vouchers.

 

. ... So I DO get the Impression that you still would get in on one, without too many Extras, ... but now you also WOULD get locked down, and Quarantined in a Government hotel also. Like the Australian Government is not doing for all inward arrivals. …. And well, things probably are not going to get any easier .... Even when the Borders and the Airlines do start up again !!! Like just a Horrible ... Very Horrible situation. …. And well also as I sad in my Original reply, Quite Honestly Millions might be going to die, and many in pretty horrible deaths in this also ....

 

… So I am stuck in a Good place just for now at Least. … Quiet and CV 19 Pretty much Free, ... Adelaide South Australia. Thanks for your lines and Info, and I do hope that you make it also, like I hope to also, when thins open up again.

 

My Wife in Thailand also, is telling me that Foreigners are not very popular there now either, … so possibly a good time to wait for a while also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...