What Lies Ahead for Thailand’s Outer Space Ambitions?

webfact

Explains the air quality

With lower grades you find smoke gets in your eyes.

I wonder if Comsodrome wil have space discrimination with dual pricing for more far out people.

It is reassuing with so many down to earth issues, tourism in the gutter they are reaching for the stars.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, faraday said:

This...er... Satellite....is it gonna be unmanned, coz they'll need someone 'at the wheel', won't they?

I have a suggestion as to who the pilot could be....

Difficulties on the road controlling something, how will it go controlling something remotely?

• Like 1

Thais, in my experience, are hugely patient people.  That with the low cost of doing business, something could be done under the right leadership.  The one of the biggest hurdles of space is communications.  Transistors are not well suited for space.  Vacuum tubes are.  A perfect project for Thailand that would benefit space exploration.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:
1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Difficulties on the road controlling something, how will it go controlling something remotely?

The brakes are automatic and no driver to do a runner, should work a treat.

unless... 

-what with labour there so cheap; they have chucked in a Major Tom, and now rely on him responding timely to Earth Control 

China Universal Wireless Two Buttons Garage Door Remote Control ...  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

when I g*ogle Thai space program this comes up a lot .. But it looks like an out of control Catherine wheel they are doing a runner from .. Think they got a bit more work to do before they try the satellite thing .. 

IMG_20200331_224009.jpg

That is one spectacular video !!! A must-watch ????

• Like 2

"Space Program" does not mean they have the means; money, technology; or, even desire to send a rocket into outer space.  A lot of second/third world countries have the technology to build satellites fitted with the hardware/software to accomplish their desire to become a "space aged" country.  As noted in the article they are launching from French Guiana presumably on a French rocket for which they are paying several million USD per launch.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

What Lies Ahead for Thailand’s Outer Space Ambitions?

Just a suggestion but maybe Thailand could provide stable power, clean water, refuse disposal, and pollution control before attempting to escape this planet.