Trump warns Americans of a tough two weeks in coronavirus fight

webfact

Trump warns Americans of a tough two weeks in coronavirus fight

2020-03-31T220457Z_1_LYNXMPEG2U2GR_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-USA.JPG

Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, stands behind U.S. President Donald Trump looking at a chart of possible projected COVID-19 deaths by day during the daily coronavirus response briefing at the White House in Washington, U.S., March 31, 2020. REUTERS/Tom Brenner

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump warned Americans they would have a very tough two weeks coming in the fight against the coronavirus as he urged everyone to follow federal social distancing guidelines through the end of April.

"It's absolutely critical for the American people to follow the guidelines for the next 30 days. It's a matter of life and death," Trump said in a news conference at the White House.

(Reporting by Steve Holland, Mohammad Zargham and Jeff Mason; Editing by Chris Reese)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-04-01
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

That is a complete U turn to what he said before ... but he is right in this case . 

He is the highest instance in the US to lead the fight against Covid , and he will be held responsible for wrong decisions made .

He is a master in the ' art of business ' he says , now he can gain some popularity in the way he manages this crisis .

Up to now , there is not much progress to be seen ...

A week and a half ago the guy was describing the virus as like the flu and sat on  his hands , while the Mayor of NY was screaming his nuts off. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Tough two weeks, what is he going to do in two weeks?

Is he now a miracle worker?

Does he know the number currently infected and the rise in diagnosis?

Has he been informed that many remain undiagnosed and many more could be asymptomatic spreaders?

1) Watch the briefings and find out

2) No.

3) I don't know, but probably.

4) Probably.

• Haha 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Can one of those Trump supporters here please explain how you can still support that guy.

Compare what he said a few weeks ago with now and it's like night and day.

American had the first Corona case at the same time like Korea. Look at the way they reacted and the way the US president reacted. And look at the current stage.

Nobody can say there was no hint of what will happen.

And on top of his downplaying the situation and making it a lot worse he now still tells everybody he was and is doing everything right.

IMHO Trump should go on his knees and tell the people he is really really sorry that he made so many mistakes and in the future he will listen to experts and don't tell any BS anymore. That's what he should do, but obviously that will never happen.

Why do you still support the guy who showed that he does not listen to experts, plays everything down, and will cost your country at least 100,000 dead people?

Sure, I'll be happy to explain. Look at the alternatives. Hillary Clinton?? HAHAHAHAHA!!! Joe Biden? Dude is almost as senile as Bobby Mueller. Bernie? Seriously, bro?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Sure, I'll be happy to explain. Look at the alternatives. Hillary Clinton?? HAHAHAHAHA!!! Joe Biden? Dude is almost as senile as Bobby Mueller. Bernie? Seriously, bro?

How about the alternatives in the GOP?

Are all GOP members obliged to nod to everything that Trump does? Or could they stand up and tell the president: You are wrong!

Trump is where he is because it seems at least 90% of the GOP members, especially in congress and senate, let him do whatever he wants to do. They don't have to do that. And I am pretty sure Trump would have to change his behavior if the members of his own party would tell him to do so.

But they don't do it. They don't even want to listen to evidence how bad Trump is. They just nod, nod, and not and let Trump get away with anything - even if his decisions are horrible for the USA and the rest of the world.

Is there nobody else in the GOP who can do a better job?

18 hours ago, rhyddid said:

He wanted to open everything for easter, what a clown... !

So did I ad every other American raring to go back to work. But hey, thanks for trying Don, we are behind you.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I have watched the briefings, and he is well out of his depth even with the teleprompter.

He sees it as chance to self promote, even his plattitudes of compassion, as so patently false, it makes one feel for those living there.

Few weeks, he is kidding himself, some honesty and leadership would be good to see. It will be months. 

In your opinion, maybe not the opinion of the American public. I think hes doing fine. My family and friends thing things will work out. We are ready to go back to work!

7 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

he doesn't even have doctors at most of the briefings nowadays,

Really, the pic on the OP has a Dr. in it. I watch Dr. Blix yesterday. So another anti Trump lie. 

49 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

1) Well yes of course, Trump is not a doctor. So obviously, a complex medical problem is well out his depth. Fortunately, leaders do things like DELEGATE. That is why he has a staff of professionals.

2) Wow, a politician self-promoting during an election year? SHOCKING. Fortunately, Donald Trump is the only politician to have done such a horrible thing.

3) So what exactly do you disagree with regarding two weeks? What I heard was Trump saying the next two weeks were going to be very difficult. What exactly are you complaining about?

3: The size of the US and geographic distribution of populations across the nation are such that any claim of ‘two weeks ‘ is patent nonsense.

2 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Oh yes espically Hillary all that experience would have been a disaster lol imagine someone who listens to experts or who knows ALL the worlds leaders and has lots of experience working with them oh the horrors and ditto for joe Biden much better to have trump lol the constant lies deflections dodging of responsibility making us a laughingstock among nations oh sure trumps much better not! I wonder how many Americans have to die because this man couldn’t face up to this pandemic and deal with it in a timely manner?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tug said:

Oh yes espically Hillary all that experience would have been a disaster lol imagine someone who listens to experts or who knows ALL the worlds leaders and has lots of experience working with them oh the horrors and ditto for joe Biden much better to have trump lol the constant lies deflections dodging of responsibility making us a laughingstock among nations oh sure trumps much better not! I wonder how many Americans have to die because this man couldn’t face up to this pandemic and deal with it in a timely manner?

If Hillary were POTUS, the US would be in the same exact situation except we'd still have thousands of illegals spilling across the Mexican border on top of everything else.  The reason why this happened the way it did is because China lied and covered up the outbreak, which led to the virus being exported around the world, then you had all the scumbag politicians in DC too busy selling stock and shoring up their finances before the dow crashed.  By the time any meaningful reaction happened it was too late.

• Haha 1