With 2020 race all but halted over coronavirus, Biden quietly widens lead over Trump - Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

16 hours ago, candide said:

Please enlight us. What did he call a hoax?

Why do you think I need to go beyond simply showing your pals at Snopes say it's bogus?

"What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax."

• Like 2

On 4/4/2020 at 4:31 AM, samran said:

People slow down on freeways to watch the aftermath of car crashes as well...

Yes, because attending a political rally is just like watching a train wreck. I doubt even you believe that. Rest assured there are some at least lucid and semi-smart people at the DNC who have been paying attention to the crowds Trump has drawn since 2015 and are quite concerned that Biden can't draw but a small fraction of the crowds Trump always has.

But let's dig deeper into your assertion. You insinuate Trumps crowds are like people drawn to a car crash. Trump won. Bernie Sanders also draws big crowds. He's now a two-time loser. Would you agree, that based on these facts, your car crash analogy fits Bernie Sanders better?

Yes or no?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Please stop. Can't you see how much you are embarrassing yourself in front of thousands? I know how hard it must be to defend this guy. But enough is enough. Why can't some of his supporters just admit that much of what he says is inane, inaccurate, misleading, and just big, fat lies?  Here are quotes from your own source. He has been misleading the American public since day one.

On Jan. 22, asked by a CNBC reporter whether there were “worries about a pandemic,” the president replied: “No, not at all. We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

On Feb. 26, at a White House news conference, commenting on the country’s first reported cases: “We’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.”

On Feb. 27, at a White House meeting: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”

None of what you posted helps your case. I have simply pointed out that the assertion many leftists have made, that Trump called the virus a hoax, is FALSE. And when leftist organizations don't jump at the chance to blame Trump, they're usually right. So let's stay on track here.

Trump did NOT say the virus is a hoax. True or false?

PS: Do you really think there are "thousands" reading this board? If you're that concerned about it, it's you who has your own photo as your avatar. Do you really think a big chunk of these "thousands" don't read your posts and think... well, things that aren't so complimentary? I would encourage you to reconsider this entire line of trolling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

< They clearly state he did not say the virus is a hoax >

Agree, but why on earth did trump call out the Dems criticism of his performance as a hoax; trump is his own worst enemy.

It has repeatedly been shown trump's statements at the time and ongoing have often been misinformed and appallingly hyper partisan. A few examples...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/28/trump-coronavirus-misleading-claims

Edited by simple1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Now... back to the actual topic. Former Obama campaign manager David Plouffe makes the case Biden is losing out with this entire virus affair.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/ex-obama-campaign-manager-explains-how-coronavirus-crisis-not-hurting-trump-setting-back-biden

The fact is, there just isn't much energy from Democrats for Biden. He has no government role. He's minuscule in the minds of the American people. The few times he does show up, he virtually ALWAYS makes massive gaffes that highlight he is quite simply getting more senile with each passing day. He still has baggage from his almost-certain grifting with his drug addict son in Ukraine likely to come out. That's not a good place to be when you're trying to be president.

Look for the DNC to steal the nomination from Biden. If they're serious about winning this November, they pretty much need to toss Biden to the wood pile and move on. Ten bucks says they go with an old white guy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Yes, I know leftists are appalled at everything Trump says and does.That is already baked into the recipe. And trust me, many if not most Americans aren't feeling the outrage you are.

I'm not an American, and I vote "right" for many years in my country.

Trust me, when I see Trump appearing on television, I'm already filled by disgust before he even opens his mouth

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

I'm not an American, and I vote "right" for many years in my country.

Trust me, when I see Trump appearing on television, I'm already filled by disgust before he even opens his mouth

Trust ME, Americans will give your opinion the consideration it deserves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Biden just got a helping hand from Trump’s mishandling and delay of the pandemic. 
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/majority-of-americans-now-disapprove-of-trumps-handling-of-the-coronavirus-outbreak/

To be fair, it's just one poll. Actually the Seltzer-Grenell poll which is an excellent poll had him at 49-47. The thing is, this is an extraordinarily small bump for a president to get in a time of crisis. And the same pollsters who show him with a bump in approval of his handling of the crisis, still show him losing the election. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Now, specifically with regards to your complaining about how Trump has handled the virus. I've read timelines from the left and right. I hope you don't have to learn the hard way just how many incredibly stupid things Democrats have said in done to jeopardize the American people. Rest assured there are reasons why blue states have been the biggest petri dishes for the virus to spread. The Republican party has far more money to get their message out than Democrats.

You can cherry pick all you look. The evidence shows overwhelmingly that Republican governors were and still are slower to react to the crisis than Democrats.

And the reasons why Democratic areas got hit harder at first are clear:

Denser population. Lots more foreigners visiting for business or pleasure.

And if the corona virus follows the way the flue propagates, rural stronghold will soon be getting hit hard. And the rural areas that most likely will have the highest fatality rates are those in the states that rejected the expansion of medicaid under Obamacare. Lots of rural hospitals had to close because of that. How do you think that's gonna play?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

You can cherry pick all you look. The evidence shows overwhelmingly that Republican governors were and still are slower to react to the crisis than Democrats.

And the reasons why Democratic areas got hit harder at first are clear:

Denser population. Lots more foreigners visiting for business or pleasure.

And if the corona virus follows the way the flue propagates, rural stronghold will soon be getting hit hard. And the rural areas that most likely will have the highest fatality rates are those in the states that rejected the expansion of medicaid under Obamacare. Lots of rural hospitals had to close because of that. How do you think that's gonna play?

Well yes, governors will react at the speed needed to handle the crisis. You don't like my "cherry picking"? Fine, take a look at a virus map.

Now... you say the reason Democrat areas got hit harder is denser population. That is true. That also points out the NEED for Democrats to have acted sooner, rather than telling them to party it up nine days after travel restrictions were in place, telling them to go have drinks at a bar on March 13. I have a feeling you'll be seeing some campaign ads on these matters, since the leftist media is obviously intent on blaming Trump for everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Yes, I'm observant of the year. I try to be observant of all the factors, including the power of the incumbency, the wild card of enthusiasm and health care.

You raise a good issue as to how health care plays out. I don't know how it will play out. It depends. A rational case can be made that Trump acted early on and was criticized by Democrats for doing so. The fact that Democrats encouraged stupid behavior in what later became high infection states can be demonstrated. Zooming out on the health care issue, why is it even an issue at all? Oh, that's right, because Obamacare was a failure on virtually every significant promise made. If you want to talk health care, be my guest. And if you want to talk health care in the context of the virus, be my guest. There are PLENTY of Democrat mistakes to point out.

As far as enthusiasm: Republicans have more money. Period. While you have the anti-Trump rage voting locked down, is it enough to beat an incumbent? We shall see.

Obamacare was a failure? Reallly" So you're saying that states that embraced Obamacare including medicaid don't have a significantly lower rate of the uninsured than do states that didn't? And you're claming that even in many strongly Republican states didn't have referenda in which the citizens voted to institute Medicaid? Really?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Alex said:

Well yes, governors will react at the speed needed to handle the crisis. You don't like my "cherry picking"? Fine, take a look at a virus map.

Now... you say the reason Democrat areas got hit harder is denser population. That is true. That also points out the NEED for Democrats to have acted sooner, rather than telling them to party it up nine days after travel restrictions were in place, telling them to go have drinks at a bar on March 13. I have a feeling you'll be seeing some campaign ads on these matters, since the leftist media is obviously intent on blaming Trump for everything.

And what governor said that about partying. More chery picking. And all you have to do to condemn Trump is to show what he said before his big pivot in March. Trump may deny he said what's recorded on video. You may be blind to it. But it makes for very compelling viewing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

And what governor said that about partying. More chery picking. And all you have to do to condemn Trump is to show what he said before his big pivot in March. Trump may deny he said what's recorded on video. You may be blind to it. But it makes for very compelling viewing.

It wasn't a governor who said to go party. Well, one may well have done so. I am talking about Bill De Blasio, who told New Yorkers to go to the bar and have a drink on March 13. I am talking about NYC health commissioner Oxiris Balbot telling people to go party in Chinatown and ignore coronavirus "misinformation". I have a feeling you'll get your comments from governors in due time.

So yes, if you want "compelling viewing", you shall get it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Look instead of focusing on minutae focus instead on the bigger picture. The 2020 election was already an referendum on 45 and not it is necessarily morphed into a referendum on 45's response to the pandemic. Any democrat including the inevitable nominee Biden is going to have a gold mine of course material to  prosecute the case against 45, the blood on his hands case. It's obvious to everyone even the 45 fans but they're so irrationally invested in the cult of personality most still won't abandon their dear leader.

Wow, an election year with an incumbent is a referendum on the incumbent. Hard-hitting stuff we hadn't thought of.

Now I'd like to help you out. There are two sides to a coin. You have mentioned one. Biden is a gold mine of gaffes, corruption and lies. He'll be lucky if the DNC doesn't steal the nomination from him. Inevitable? Yeah, so was Hillary.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

To be fair, it's just one poll. Actually the Seltzer-Grenell poll which is an excellent poll had him at 49-47. The thing is, this is an extraordinarily small bump for a president to get in a time of crisis. And the same pollsters who show him with a bump in approval of his handling of the crisis, still show him losing the election. 

The last Seltzer-Grenell poll was couple of weeks back and his approval was indeed positive. As events moved day by day, I will like to see their latest poll. There just too many of his misleading messaging and poor coordination of medical supplies to meet the states needs; it will hurt his approving in handling the pandemic as the ABC poll review. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The last Seltzer-Grenell poll was couple of weeks back and his approval was indeed positive. As events moved day by day, I will like to see their latest poll. There just too many of his misleading messaging and poor coordination of medical supplies to meet the states needs; it will hurt his approving in handling the pandemic as the ABC poll review. 

Do states any responsibility to be prepared for health care emergencies?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

It was released on April 1st

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Wrong question.

Correct question:

Does the President of the United States have a responsibility in a pandemic that is threatening the lives of Americans and the American economy?

The current incumbent’s own words were.

’I don’t take any responsibility at all‘

Your premise is false. There are plenty of questions to ask, including yours, mine and others. What you are attempting is an old, failed debate trick in which you try to invalidate your adversary's point because you have no effective counter to it.

Let's take New York and New York City, specifically. Site of the worst terrorist attack ever on US soil. Do you think that maybe they'd want to be prepared for a health care emergency? Do you think it was wise for Mario Cuomo to not increase the ventilator stockpile?

Now let's get to your dishonest use of "I don't take any responsibility at all". You already know the question you pretended to use wasn't the actual question.

Let me know when you have some legitimate answers and honest tactics. It's always a pleasure to present the actual facts to you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Agree, but why on earth did trump call out the Dems criticism of his performance as a hoax;

Because it is....russia hoax, collusion hoax, obstruction hoax, quid pro quo hoax...

and now a hoax that politicises a virus from china.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Wrong question.

Correct question:

Does the President of the United States have a responsibility in a pandemic that is threatening the lives of Americans and the American economy?

The current incumbent’s own words were.

’I don’t take any responsibility at all‘

Yeah, the buck stops anywhere other than his desk. He learned from his villainous mentor Roy Cohn very well. Enough is enough.

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Because it is....russia hoax, collusion hoax, obstruction hoax, quid pro quo hoax...

and now a hoax that politicises a virus from china.

Yes you're correct, 45 has politicized a virus from China but the virus seems to have a mind of its own. Reality bites. Too bad so many Americans are going to have to needlessly die because of the huge mistake Americans made in sort of electing him in 2016. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes you're correct, 45 has politicized a virus from China but the virus seems to have a mind of its own. Reality bites. Too bad so many Americans are going to have to needlessly die because of the huge mistake Americans made in sort of electing him in 2016. 

stop being a drama queen...your exaggeration is unhinged.

huge majority of people are dying because they have weak immune systems

and underlying conditions. The virus is spreading not because of trumps

actions or inaction....it caught the entire world by surprise....name one 

leader who has defeated it....even Singapore which appeared to be winning

has entered a dangerous new phase...not for want of doing the right things.

This virus is spread by people....and people are taking this thing way too lightly.

All it takes in a few morons to cause an explosion.

Calm down and wash your hands.

• Like 2