With 2020 race all but halted over coronavirus, Biden quietly widens lead over Trump - Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

1 minute ago, Crazy Alex said:

Really? Tell me more about this "article 25". Hint: there's no such thing. Therein lies part of the problem. You are clinging at some straw man that doesn't even exist! And what is this additional nonsense about "for a sitting and tweeting president"? Is this also covered by this mysterious "article 25"?

Wow. Just WOW.

Section 4, 25th Amendment.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Assuming there is such a control of course.

Who is deciding, in the U.S.A., if  someone is fit ( mentally, physically) to be able to be candidate for the highest position in the country? 

Is that experts in the field from the party of the candidate? 

Or are there independent experts? 

The voters decide. As you may have figured out from recent interactions here, we can't have a few extremists seething with hatred and butt hurt over the last election deciding who is qualified and who is not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Alex said:

You know.... imagine what the political hacks of both parties would do to an industry if that industry was controlled by two corporations as pathetic as our two parties. I say they'd be screaming from every roof top to dismantle such a duopoly and would have those two corporations blasted into bits in short order.

Hard to say given the incestuous nature of government and the corporatocracy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Hard to say given the incestuous nature of government and the corporatocracy.

Good point. Two such horrible corporations would surely have already greased every palm necessary to maintain said duopoly. Most corporations already have that covered.

Jingthing, Crazy Alex, thanks. 

So it is up to the voting people. 

Which is, in my opinion, the most democratic way. 

Certainly when it is repeatedly,

voters can change their mind after a while. 

Some will be happy with what it was, some others won't. 

Some will change their mind, thinking it would be bad, but found out it isn't. 

Others who thinking it would be good, and found out it wasn't what they expected. 

Will see. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

Assuming there is such a control of course.

Who is deciding, in the U.S.A., if  someone is fit ( mentally, physically) to be able to be candidate for the highest position in the country? 

Is that experts in the field from the party of the candidate? 

Or are there independent experts?

Yes, there are independent experts  - we, the voters.  But we're being driven crazy by these bat-sh!t crazy politicians, so it's a <deleted>-shoot.  I'll vote for the one who pisses off the most politicians, not me. 

Edited by Damrongsak

3 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Really? Tell me more about this "article 25". Hint: there's no such thing. Therein lies part of the problem. You are clinging at some straw man that doesn't even exist! And what is this additional nonsense about "for a sitting and tweeting president"? Is this also covered by this mysterious "article 25"?

Wow. Just WOW.

Here, I’ll fix it for you ‘The 25th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States’.

Now troll your affected failure to understand.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

What does it say about the Democrats that with a least half a dozen better candidates who ran for the nomination that they are force feeding us a candidate that is (perhaps) only marginally less worse than the worst president in history? Both parties ought to be disbanded, franky. I don't think it matters which one goes first.

I think their plan is to have Biden eliminate Sanders, and then the superdelegates will decide who will run. Despite how pathetic the Democratic Party looks right now, they can't be so blind or stupid to think that Biden is fit for office.

You never know, Andrew Cuomo may end up running for president? It won't be Biden, It can't be Biden.

It's incredible that the Democratic Party has been whining, in the most annoying way, about Trump for over 3 years, yet they can't find one decent candidate that has any hope of beating him.

This is better than TV. Trump had a successful reality show and now he has gone one better - from reality show to reality itself LOL

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Jingthing, Crazy Alex, thanks. 

So it is up to the voting people. 

Which is, in my opinion, the most democratic way. 

Certainly when it is repeatedly,

voters can change their mind after a while. 

Some will be happy with what it was, some others won't. 

Some will change their mind, thinking it would be bad, but found out it isn't. 

Others who thinking it would be good, and found out it wasn't what they expected. 

Will see. 

It's not quite that simple. The Democrats want to eliminate the Electoral College. They play dirty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was an advert featured on US tv that shows all of Trumps Covid 19 misinformation. Nothing strange in that you may say except it was made and paid for my a division of the Republican party. Another advert called "Fox and Fiends" bought and made for by another Republican party offshoot showing all the misinformation they talked about. The reason is the Republican Party is trying to distance themselves from this Covid 19 mismanagement.

The former chief of the Republican Party presidential campaign was interviewed and said some interesting statements. One year ago the Republicans thought after 2020 the Senate could be 60 40 in their favour. Six months ago they were hoping for 50 50 with a Republican VP having the deciding vote. Today they say they will lose a minimum 4 seats for sure. As he says for the next 4 years it will be a Democratic House, Senate and President. He mentions this will drag the Republican Party into the wilderness,  

The sad part is the Democrats will choose a candidate whose only gift is the ability to defeat Trump.

Still if Biden gets the nod he may choose AOC as his VP.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Toosetinmyways said:

There was an advert featured on US tv that shows all of Trumps Covid 19 misinformation. Nothing strange in that you may say except it was made and paid for my a division of the Republican party. Another advert called "Fox and Fiends" bought and made for by another Republican party offshoot showing all the misinformation they talked about. The reason is the Republican Party is trying to distance themselves from this Covid 19 mismanagement.

The former chief of the Republican Party presidential campaign was interviewed and said some interesting statements. One year ago the Republicans thought after 2020 the Senate could be 60 40 in their favour. Six months ago they were hoping for 50 50 with a Republican VP having the deciding vote. Today they say they will lose a minimum 4 seats for sure. As he says for the next 4 years it will be a Democratic House, Senate and President. He mentions this will drag the Republican Party into the wilderness,  

The sad part is the Democrats will choose a candidate whose only gift is the ability to defeat Trump.

Still if Biden gets the nod he may choose AOC as his VP.  

No AOC. Think Dem  Mich Gov.

3 minutes ago, pegman said:

No AOC. Think Dem  Mich Gov.

Probably, but the problem is, noone had ever heard of this woman a month ago outside Michigan By this time next year she's president if Biden wins. That feels like yet another person no one chose being crammed down the electorate's throat.

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Though very unlikely why would that be such a bad idea? At the very least it would mean the successful candidate would win by the majority of the popular vote.

Play dirty? trump is pushing to stop mail in votes as he considers it advantageous for the Republicans, backed up by using yet another of his conspiracy theories.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/04/trump_opposes_using_mail-in_voting_in_november_i_think_a_lot_of_people_cheat.html

Wouldn't it need a constitutional amendment to remove the electoral college? I believe so, which means it isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wouldn't it need a constitutional amendment to remove the electoral college? I believe so, which means it isn't going to happen.

Aussume you didn’t read first words of my post “though very unlikely”

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Probably, but the problem is, noone had ever heard of this woman a month ago outside Michigan By this time next year she's president if Biden wins. That feels like yet another person no one chose being crammed down the electorate's throat.

The folks in Michigan know her and it will once again be a very important place come fall. I like Sen Brown of Ohio but Biden thinks he needs a woman.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, simple1 said:

Though very unlikely why would that be such a bad idea? At the very least it would mean the successful candidate would win by the majority of the popular vote.

Play dirty? trump is pushing to stop mail in votes as he considers it advantageous for the Republicans, backed up by using yet another of his conspiracy theories.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/04/trump_opposes_using_mail-in_voting_in_november_i_think_a_lot_of_people_cheat.html

Yes, the Electoral College is a gift from your founding fathers, to ensure every state gets a say in who governs.

It's only a problem if the Democrats think they should have won because they think they are more popular.

You question playing dirty? What do you call an impeachment in an election year that you're guaranteed to lose? It would be hard to sink lower.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, samran said:

Wow, a junior newscorp hack trying to impress Rupert while he bunkers down in oz. 

You must be one of the 20 people who watch that show. 

give it up homie....Biden's dementia is out in the open...doesnt matter who highlights it.????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pegman said:

The folks in Michigan know her and it will once again be a very important place come fall. I like Sen Brown of Ohio but Biden thinks he needs a woman.

Biden has already promised a woman VP. There is no reason for him not to keep that promise. There are many women to choose from. An embarrassment of riches. The only problem is that most of them are better than he is.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I seriously doubt it. She is popular. And very cute. But not VP material. I think Klobuchar is most likely. A formidable ticket.

It barely matters. Covid already beat Trump in the first round. His opponent will be Biden. And he will make a good president. Some decency and dignity may even return to the US. I will take minor senility and major experience, over huuuuge instability and danger any day. 

I agree. AOC no way!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Even if true the currently old Biden is better than 45. Much better! And if that's the 45 cult of personality plan to attack Biden's mental state, I would say look in the freakin' mirror! They are both well past their salad days.

Trump won't need to attack Biden's mental state. Biden continues to do all that work. America won't elect a president who is in Biden's obviously declining mental state.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Biden has already promised a woman VP. There is no reason for him not to keep that promise. There are many women to choose from. An embarrassment of riches. The only problem is that most of them are better than he is.

Yes, we are all well aware Biden has chosen a criteria other than the best person for the job. Normal people observe his choice to be sexist and think announcing you're going to be sexist in choosing someone for a job isn't right. I'm sure you'd love to not be picked for a job because the job you applied decided they are going to hire a woman. Heck, you might consider suing in that situation. Odd that you give an exemption to some worn out political hack.

• Thanks 1