With 2020 race all but halted over coronavirus, Biden quietly widens lead over Trump - Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

44 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

48% say they approve of Trump's response to the virus.

Absolutely staggering given the facts.

I talk to a lot of Vietnam vets. You can't talk to them about anything without their experience in Vietnam creeping into the conversation within a minute or two. Most of them seem to love Trump, for whatever reason. I was talking to one today about how the most optimistic projections of American deaths from the Coronavirus would amount to twice the lives lost in Vietnam. He saw that as a fantastic outcome and a sign ofgreat leadership by Trump.  I can't explain it because I don't understand it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

True. And Mike really blew the debate. But, not on the epic level Trump blew his chance to save the American people. He will be remembered for all of that loss of life he could have saved, had he been man enough to muster up just a tad of selflessness. Failure is failure. Besides the five deferments and the five bankruptcies this is the largest failure of his life. 

Actually, the bankruptcies would be counted among his successes. Businesswise, that is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Not sure Joe Biden has any core supporters.  Most castaway from Bernie’s campaign, or still suffer from TDS...

It barely matters. Trumps failure was so massive, at the time he was needed most. It will not be forgotten. Shai Leboauf could beat Trump at this point.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A post using a Twitter post and a reply has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook  etc.) should always be shown.

Off topic posts, troll posts and the replies have been removed. 

12 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Biggie difference on how well people perceive his response in the last 6 days to how well he is perceived in 6 months from now when so many are dead.

You don't seem to understand, though you should if you read any of these posts, or your own for that matter. People are absolutely callous now. It is only their opinion that matters. If someone close to them doesn't die, these death counts are just an abstraction to them.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Biggie difference on how well people perceive his response in the last 6 days to how well he is perceived in 6 months from now when so many are dead.

Agree, it could also swing the other way.

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Do you don't seem to understand, though you should if you read any of these posts, or your own for that matter. People are absolutely callous now. It is only their opinion that matters. If someone close to them doesn't die, these death counts are just an abstraction to them.

Yes, but the higher the dead count, the higher the chance it does come close.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Do you don't seem to understand, though you should if you read any of these posts, or your own for that matter. People are absolutely callous now. It is only their opinion that matters. If someone close to them doesn't die, these death counts are just an abstraction to them.

Don’t worry, losing their job, their  creditors failing to pay and their 401K tanking will fill in any holes left by missing empathy for others.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

My unit were K9's, so it was "Find", the old saying back in the Nam was either Recon, or Search and Destroy, those were my Fathers units.......I spent to much time in the desert

Good on you man,served your country,i applaud you,glad you came out okay.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Xavnel said:

If Biden debates Trump,  he will be finished.  I believe that Trump will get Joe so flustered, frustrated and egg hun on that Joe Biden loses it.

Trump will win in 2020

Candace Owens  2024

Hubris costs nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Personally I think Biden wins just based on the blood on his hands theme. He doesn't have to say that fact explicitly himself as Pelosi has and he has already signaled he doesn't want to be that explicit. But the superpacs can do that and the truth stings when a competent president could have / would have kept American Covid deaths very low (like Iceland and South Korea that had the same warning time) instead of trying to paint 200,000 needlessly dead Americans as a win. There are limits to the gullibility of American voters when every American is going to be connected in some way to at least one of his victims.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/01/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-tragedy/index.html

Why Donald Trump shouldn't get credit for (finally) realizing coronavirus is actually deadly serious

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Personally I think Biden wins just based on the blood on his hands theme. He doesn't have to say that fact explicitly himself as Pelosi has and he has already signaled he doesn't want to be that explicit. But the superpacs can do that and the truth stings when a competent president could have / would have kept American Covid deaths very low (like Iceland and South Korea that had the same warning time) instead of trying to paint 200,000 needlessly dead Americans as a win. There are limits to the gullibility of American voters when every American is going to be connected in some way to at least one of his victims.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/01/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-tragedy/index.html

I find it so sad that they point to the polls saying trump is handling the virus well as evidence. Certainly proves they know so little about reality.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

A candidate with dementia cannot win a presidential election. If you're lucky, the DNC will step in and steal the nomination from Biden. He is literally getting worse and worse every week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1