Video message from uk ambassador bangkok

11 minutes ago, ian carman said:

So after telling everyone to leave before today and pay the increased flight prices it is now clear that several airlines are still operating 

I was right to wait until may

You obviously did not see my post showing a BKK LHR flight for under 14,000 Baht for next week.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You obviously did not see my post showing a BKK LHR flight for under 14,000 Baht for next week.

Eva are charging 12500 in may 

My point was that we were told to leave the country ASAP when it was obvious that some airlines would still be operating 

It's all very well advising people that "there are standby options available" but even before Emirates shut down, the person i was speaking to at Emirates said that, but in the next breath said "but they've all got many many people waiting"

• Confused 1

Rather than just telling people to get out of Thailand why doesn't He organise with the rest of the diplomats, to urge the Thai Government to STOP the Immigration department from forcing foreigners to go to crowded Immigration offices to process paperwork at this time!

In the present crisis, forcing foreigners to crowd together is tantamount to committing genocide on tourists and expats!

Why can't the Thais adapt and do this Online?

No amount of paperwork is worth a single person's life!????

Go on Condor and the flights are €99 for a one way direct flight to Frankfurt from either Bangkok or Phuket including hand luggage, one suitcase, meals, basic entertainment and the price is fixed. They are German repatriation flights but are open to Brits and EU citizen for remaining available seats. You have to sort out your flight from Frankfurt to the UK though. 

Most are flying half empty now as nearly all Germans are back safe but unused seats go fast as you can understand. I think here are still a few direct flights from each location between the 4-9 April running. After this the flights will stop.

I took this pic of the website a few minutes ago. Looks like the 9th April from Bangkok and the 5 April from Phuket are bookable but more seats may become available.

image.png.fe4465c3723801cf60447e27c5afe544.png

image.png.f4eca3e22d19d0db64d4d6ce0ba19fdb.png

Edited by Muzzique
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting that the Embassy, as far as I know, have made no mention of expats living here who are still of course, Citizens of the UK. Its all about tourists. Not sure what I expect them to say, but some kind of mention that we are not a forgotten group would have been nice. They probably have no idea how many we are as not all of us are registered with them.