British family relocated to Thailand a week before coronavirus closed down the island - now they’re homeless and without work

1 hour ago, Sanchoneymar said:

All this European scammers , coming here to scam , they always have a way on advertising their scam, hilarious that we don't see some evil people racially abuse them the way they abuse other nationalities,  lol , they legally scam ppl all over the world , the same way their [email protected]€#t$ have done for many years. So many fraudsters from their side , I've never met anyone from their side that aren't fraudsters hiding behind a legit business,. Many of them in pattaya n puket selling fake condominiums, importing drugs into Thailand. 

What the hell was that all about?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Other than him appearing to be working or trying to work without the correct visa and WP I do not see their problem. They just sold their car and house in Devon so will be sitting with millions of bah

Completely irresponsible parents. Moving to a foreign country with their two young children during a PANDEMIC and seemingly working illegally. Then advertising in the world media they are working ILLE

I see a gofundme coming...

Posted Images

What kind of moron packs up a young family, moves to a foreign county hoping for a dead end job, has no rainy day funds to protect his family and then cries “woe is me” when things predictably go to hell. No sympathy from me on this self induced misery but feel badly for the children of this irresponsible couple.

• Like 1

Just shows you the Attitude of today's parents, My parents always put the children first, Even if it ment they did without

Edited by Thongkorn
  • Like 1

Keep it civil please.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

5 hours ago, banglay said:

Do you actually believe all the figures coming out from Thailand ???  they do not add up .. Chinese Year (25th January 20)  over 500.000 Chinese Tourists came to Thailand in that week with unrestricted access and  with a large proportion of that figure coming from the Wuhan province ...

Wuhan is not a province. Wuhan is the capital of Hubei province.

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

They sold their house and car, but in 2-3 months they won't have money anymore?

Weren't many travel warnings issued in February already, but they still decided to fly in March?

Must be a <deleted> car and a dump of a house in a distressed area. Or else they spend like there's no tomorrow.

• Haha 2
39 minutes ago, Basil B said:

They are living a dream... Unfortunately dreams turn into nightmares, my advice is get back to blighty while you can.

Found the following information on repatriation flights.

There are still seats available with Condor from Phuket or Bangkok at €99 one way on direct flights to Frankfurt. This price does not go up. They are primarily for Germans but Brits and EU citizens are welcome too providing there are seats.

Most of these direct flights are running half empty now so there should be plenty of room. From there you just need to take a flight back to the UK . Book online directly with Condor Airways. 

I think there are only 4 or 5 flights from each destination left now between the 3-9 April after that the German repatriation flights will stop. If they want to go home now is the last chance to do it.

Judging by their original level stupidity in coming they will probably elect to stay which is even more stupid.

Edited by Muzzique
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

People make mistakes but throughout the process of selling your home, car and possessions, was there no pause for reflection. ?Normally two heads are better than one. 

Not if the combined IQ only adds up to 20

• Haha 1

There are so many people hurting from this, Thais and foreigners, it really does break my heart. 3 months ago, no one could have seen it coming. 😕

• Like 1

Look having read through the posts here there is a lot of guessing going on and some factual mistakes.

1 They are on koh phangan,an island so no way will it be 40c,like upper or central Thailand,sea breezes ect.

2 where was it said by them they needed a pool,if they are near the beach they don't.

3 you can eat thai food cheaply,surely there must be a big c or something on the island,tesco,or some such where they can buy bread,milk ect.

4 They should be worrying less about covid than Dengue fever ,the island is riddled with it,i got it there back in my backpacking days,it floored me for a week,and was a young fit guy then.

5 a lot of conjecture about their financial situation as nothing was mentioned in the original article all these calculations of house prices in devon,if they had a mortgage ect,are meaningless. 

Regardless of this i still think it was a very silly thing to do period.

• Thanks 1

from the online article:

"Lauren claims the locals have helped them massively: “We have got a little house on the beach, purely because the local people have been so amazing."

Amazing Thailand. The locals helping stranded foreigners.  No "what a bloody dumb people let them sort it out themselves", just a kind hand helping them. NO FELLOW FARANG HELPING THEM NOT EVEN THEIR OWN BLOODY FAMILY.

Think about that, before posting next time again  insulting remarks like "Thai ppl are idiots and liars, etc". ONE THAI IS MORE HELPFUL THAN ALL FARANG COMBINED.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
33 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

What kind of moron packs up a young family, moves to a foreign county hoping for a dead end job, has no rainy day funds to protect his family and then cries “woe is me” when things predictably go to hell. No sympathy from me on this self induced misery but feel badly for the children of this irresponsible couple.

You'd be surprised by the amount of people that have no 'rainy day funds', for most normal working class people very unlikely.

• Like 1