Foreign citizens told to schedule commercial flights home

geovalin

2 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

There are 380,000,000 people in the USA. Even at the worst projected rate of 240,000 infected, that is 0.000063 %. The odds of getting struck by lightning are 1 in 13,5000. 0.000063% is not at alarming rate. No, Thailand is not far safer. Thailand would lie about the figures to save tourism dollars, but a little too late for that. The statistic's don't lie. 

0.06% :wink:

Expect there'll be 10M infected there soon if not already. But yes I'd rather be in Thailand, until things potentially descend into anarchy. 

I would not recommend booking a flight out. Have heard many instances of people booking flights, the flights then cancelled and they dont get a refund, just a credit. Would soon run out of money re booking flights.

3 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

There are 380,000,000 people in the USA. Even at the worst projected rate of 240,000 infected, that is 0.000063 %. The odds of getting struck by lightning are 1 in 13,5000. 0.000063% is not at alarming rate. No, Thailand is not far safer. Thailand would lie about the figures to save tourism dollars, but a little too late for that. The statistic's don't lie. 

240'000 deaths is the upper bound of the expected range should quarantine measures get deployed and followed. It's not the worst projected death count, which runs into the millions if things are just left to run wild.

On 4/1/2020 at 4:56 PM, finnishmen said:

idiots fly back to europe because thailand have lot better and safety live than all europe whit covil virurses,

totally idiot expats if go to homecountry out of thailand now. thai have lot better and clean now than all other country all europe,england,usa. biggest idiot in world have muslime,italian,russian,sweden,finland country now stay. lot better keep far all thats country now.

Thanks for that rant. I'll reread it again with my cornflakes tomorrow morning 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, daveAustin said:

0.06% :wink:

Expect there'll be 10M infected there soon if not already. But yes I'd rather be in Thailand, until things potentially descend into anarchy. 

Dave where you get your info? Thai news?

We are all still going in to work here in the USA

99% of the businesses are open.

Out of 600,000 people, 24 tested positive in the last 2 weeks in our county.

No panic here.

There is reality and then there is repeating unworthy new sources.

We have over 1000 people working in one building

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 7:36 PM, bwpage3 said:

Dave where you get your info? Thai news?

We are all still going in to work here in the USA

99% of the businesses are open.

Out of 600,000 people, 24 tested positive in the last 2 weeks in our county.

No panic here.

There is reality and then there is repeating unworthy new sources.

We have over 1000 people working in one building

Lucky you!  I live in King County which includes Seattle and Kirkland in the state of Washington, USA.  It's a whole different game here.  Most businesses are closed.  Unfortunately I work in an industry that cannot be shut down.  We are open 24/7/365.  As of yesterday at 3:35pm we currently have 2,865 confirmed cases of positive tests for the coronavirus.  In addition, we have 200 deaths.  This is just for one county in the state of Washington.  Obviously those numbers will go up.  At my place of employment.  We have three people that have tested positive and about five that tested negative.  We are waiting on one who got tested yesterday as his live in GF has tested positive.  He is only 23 and his GF is about the same age.  It's very different in many places across the USA.