Mae Hong Son: Foreigners ordered to stay away - night curfew until April 15th

webfact

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

If that's the case it should have been stated as "No non-provincial Thai's and Foreigners allowed"

from birth Thais are informed they are special and most have bought into the brainwashing and think Non Thais are not the same, it is far easier to run a country if the population have someone to blame who is only a foreigner. and very inferior to The Thai people. remember ''a Thai could not do this'' this has been working for years, people look to outsiders in stead of the real bad dudes...happens in different places with different ''Enemies''/Colours/Races/Religions'' nothing new just happens we are the Targets here.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Denim said:

They would never expel us . Far to forthright . They will just keep raising the bar and throwing more bureaucracy at us until even Richard Barrow gets the message and leaves.

This military government is xenophohic  and would prefer it if the only westerners here were those on a 2 week vacation staying at expensive hotels and dribbling large amounts of cash everywhere.  They have no eye for the future since they are in hock to China and think that the Chinese are more culturally akin to themselves.

The Chinese hordes will save them.

And just look at the wonderful gifts those hoards of Chinese can bestow upon any Nation.

COVID19, and for sure more to follow in the future.

whats the big deal?  the country has already told all farangs dont come as they cant get in unless they have a wp>
all those married to a thai an not here, nope cant come back

all those who own homes, have families, (non thai's), retired... nope cant come back

its thailand

dont like the rules....leave

7 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

And just look at the wonderful gifts those hoards of Chinese can bestow upon any Nation.

COVID19, and for sure more to follow in the future.

Like Herpes , the gift that keeps on giving. Cause the problem, sell the goods required to save lives, the PPE, testing kits, (what is the efficacy of them )  there is no end to the inventiveness of them

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

In my musings, I believe that this is the thin end of the wedge.  It may be just a matter of time before all none Thai citizens are expelled from the Kingdom. 

Whilst there are some who would probably relish that, most very wealthy Thais realize the likely backlash from countries where they do business, have substantial businesses, properties and hold assets, would be like a tsunami. 

However, there is a growing xenophobia being fostered in the plebs for sure that will likely make many leave due to the uncomfortable unwelcoming attitudes being fostered.

Increases in the bureaucracy, catch 22's and criteria to remain; plus an overwhelming feeling you ain't liked or wanted. That will do and won't lead to retaliation and restrictions on those who can influence things.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stuhan said:

After reading this i have decided enough is enough.I am sick of this racist <deleted> from Thailand. After this covid 19 has died down if it dies down i am out of here and Asia.I have found a place in south america that is not racist,cheap,easy to settle and safe,i have already started the process.I love Thailand but it's just becoming a bad place for expats now .

Can  you PM me too please?

6 hours ago, Denim said:

But if Thai , no need to worry.

When all this is over and these places want tourist money again I just hope someone will remind them of what the governor really thinks of them.  Cash cow vermin.

What most people miss is that most foreigns in Mae Hong Song are Burmese

• Thanks 1

Well were i live i have seen no change in attitude by the locals,it is not a tourist area ora large town,but there is a large expat population,as for throwing us all out i think that is drawing a long bow,how many expats are resident in thailand i beleive it's over 500,000,so that is 500,000 or so Thai families being supported,single guys.ladies,well they are still spending money year round,this adds up to a lot of revenue,even if some of the top govt officials don't like us,someone in govt has the figures,any it would cost them a lot to do this,saying that it is not impossible it may happen,but my feeling is no As regards immigration i agree they have become much worse,this year and from now on i did it through an agent,so much easier an hassle free.

• Like 1

Thailand is a really racist country isn't it? Could you imagine this in a UK/EU or US newspaper? 

I was thinking of leaving when the insurance thing came out, but it didn't apply to me, so I stopped looking for other places to live.  

7 hours ago, stuhan said:

After reading this i have decided enough is enough.I am sick of this racist <deleted> from Thailand. After this covid 19 has died down if it dies down i am out of here and Asia.I have found a place in south america that is not racist,cheap,easy to settle and safe,i have already started the process.I love Thailand but it's just becoming a bad place for expats now .

Curious- Where?

thai goverment have world rasistic goverment all world. idiot and money talk only here.ministry has go only if have lot money and corryuption money pay maak. and then have goverment minsiter and destroy all good in thailands. super big idiot make immigration law. totally idiot minister have made work permit law, all many many law have monkey or big idiot make and plan.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Leonardo doesn't want any more people on The Beach.....

oh its one of those really cool countries that nobody knows about, except maybe Kim Kardashian, like the Sanjak of Novii Pazaar. Cool.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wasabi said:

Yes Thailand is a racist country and yes that is a grave cause for concern but this virus brings out the worst in everyone. I see the same thing happening in the US too. State against State.

Rhode Island Pulls Over New Yorkers to Keep the Virus at Bay

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/us/coronavirus-rhode-island-checkpoint.html

NYers are a race? Cool. Im a NYer.

Edited by Nyezhov

8 hours ago, stuhan said:

Yes, please can you PM me so I can research it.  May need a place to land soon.

9 hours ago, Denim said:

They would never expel us . Far to forthright . They will just keep raising the bar and throwing more bureaucracy at us until even Richard Barrow gets the message and leaves.

This military government is xenophohic  and would prefer it if the only westerners here were those on a 2 week vacation staying at expensive hotels and dribbling large amounts of cash everywhere.  They have no eye for the future since they are in hock to China and think that the Chinese are more culturally akin to themselves.

The Chinese hordes will save them.

I might move to China at this rate. Tax free on forgein income for 5 years. Perfect 4 investing. Went there twice in past two years and everyone was really nice and respectful. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I have to do my yearly visa extension and work permit the same way as I just arrived in this country.

The tone at the Immigration got nasty and loud, no thanks. 

March 6th did my 1 year extension in BKK. All very polite and helpful. No muss, no fuss

Check out Panama. Golden visa similar to Portugal but way cheaper - https://offshorecitizen.net/residency-and-passports/panama-golden-visa-by-investment-program/ Life's good there. Belize too, but not quite as safe unless you have good contacts.

Central America unless I am mistaken. Not South.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Pilotman said:

In my musings, I believe that this is the thin end of the wedge.  It may be just a matter of time before all none Thai citizens are expelled from the Kingdom. 

Except of course the Chinese.  They will be resettling here in the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

Hmm interesting racism again while almost all cases in TH are Thais but not allowing foreigners to come at all.

I think it is still nothing too crazy compared to any western country but TH is certainly changing fast, wonder if we also need armed guards like in PH everywhere here soon, if the economy really goes down and tourism doesn't really pick up in the same way due to that as well. That would also be over the limit for me.

At least happy to not have bought a house yet, either gonna get a great discounted deal or just leave 'forever' instead.. Wonder what time brings.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, wasabi said:

If you read the article it is Rhode Island that is showing State preference. Not about race my sensitive son.

Really? Read the whole post, my need to comment on my correction of silliness bro.