Mae Hong Son: Foreigners ordered to stay away - night curfew until April 15th

webfact

After reading this i have decided enough is enough.I am sick of this racist <deleted> from Thailand. After this covid 19 has died down if it dies down i am out of here and Asia.I have found a place in south america that is not racist,cheap,easy to settle and safe,i have already started the process.I love Thailand but it's just becoming a bad place for expats now .

• Please suggest  anywhere  that is better in South America. I'm interested.
  • Haha 1

The Xenophobia has intensified recently. Somebody or organisation has successfully planted the myth of the Farang Sokapok in the Thai psyche.

Even my wife of 34 years believes that all Europeans are filthy since they NEVER shower and do not take their shoes off when entering a house.

Also they ALL carry a Superstrong strain of Covid-19 which is fatal to Thais. This Superstrain thrives in cold climates and is therefore fortunately, hindered by hot temperatures. Therefore Air-conditioned offices and cars must be avoided. 

On return from a recent visit to Immigration she had me shower and put all the clothes I had been wearing through the washing.

Forbye, She tells me that a Farang with Covid-19 has caused Hang Dong market to be closed down, and that on Tuesday, 52 people died in Suan Dok Hospital.

Her sources are local radio and the village Paw Luang's daily broadcasts.

• Thanks 1

Foreigners (i.e. Westerners) are being blamed for Covid-19 in Thailand fair and square. Truth is that it was the Chinese that spread it around most of the world. Anutin's comments about "dirty foreigners" seem to have been the catalyst for us westerners getting the blame. The mood has definitely changed against us here in Thailand. Many of us are thinking about relocating afte this is all over. A shame for Thailand because of government ministers shocking outbursts and poor policies (often reversed, watered down or not implemnted. They haven't a clue what to do. No consistency or positive leadership anywhere with provincial governors making their own decisions and discriminating against certain races.

Profiling and excluding people from entering the province based on race.  That's sort of, errr, racist, right?  Pity the expats who actually live in Mae Hong Song who may be out of the province and are returning home. 

"You no Thai.  Thai clean people.  You foreigner dirty virus infected people.  Out! Out!"  

I can just imagine traveling to Chiang Mai province for supplies some day and then not being able to return to my home because I'm a "farang".   Guess my wife would have to hike the 30 km from the provincial boarders to get home seeing that she doesn't drive.  

On 3/31/2020 at 10:48 PM, Pilotman said:

I admire your confidence, but frankly, I wouldn't put anything past these Muppets. Need;less to say, I am done with transferring any more money to this country, bar what I need to live and against all that I have said previously, I will use agents in the future to get me my extension, and sod the implications.   

Some people disagree but I would never deposit or bring in more than I need either.  Thailand makes zero guarantees for foreigners.  Have things been relatively safe for decades?  yes.  But I would be very careful.  It is very easy for herd mentality to rally together and do bad things. 

• Like 2

Stupid people in charge of a third world country. But we know they are uneducated.

It will be better to go to a country where the people and the leadership are educated.  

Remember that Myanmar was wealthy before the military took over.

Now that the military have taken over in Thailand, the country will go down.

LoF. Land of frowns.

Edited by Ketyo