Mail delivery within Thailand ?

gkroo

Was wondering if mail from within Thailand is operating normally as I am awaiting Nonthaburi Immigration to return my 90 check slip back to me. Although my 90 expiry is on the 8th April I was just a little anxious, it was sent via EMS last Friday.

It is perfectly feasible that all immigration offices in Thailand are going to be inundated with lots of additional 90 day report applications via mail. So it stands to reason that the whole process is going to be a little slower.

• Like 1

I think that there's a good chance that it'll be returned without a new reporting date as you posted it less than 15 days before the due date.  Mailed 90-day reports are supposed to be posted at least 15 days before the due date...

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

"Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION,
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Notice :
- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification".

Edited by Just Weird

I've seen the "must be sent" 'rule' for 15 days, also seen it worded as 15 to 7 days, for post. Presumably the postmarked date?

A bit confusing. It could be mailed more than 15 days before the due date?

One hopes that they will open up the window, as they did with the on-line/app options, to something consistent like -15 to zero? But I'm not holding my breath.

Encouraging mail-in 90-day reports, for those unable to use the on-line/app, seems logical? Making it easier and simpler, and less confusuing, doubly so.

I live in Nonthaburi also and while I have had nothing to do with Immigration the mail lately has been slow to arrive.  Often many letters stapled together.  Maybe the postal service is overloaded.

What about deliveries for goods bought from places like Lazada, are they still happening?

I was thinking of buying one of those Chinese made temperature taking devices everyone keeps pointing at my forehead.

On 4/2/2020 at 6:03 PM, Just Weird said:

I think that there's a good chance that it'll be returned without a new reporting date as you posted it less than 15 days before the due date.  Mailed 90-day reports are supposed to be posted at least 15 days before the due date...

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

"Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION,
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Notice :
- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification".

Unfortunately- there is an error re the form about "At least 15 days" before the due date.

The 90 day should arrive no less than 7 days before and no more than 15 days....

If you do not accept that ask Joe to confirm it or otherwise...

TiT.

14 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

What about deliveries for goods bought from places like Lazada, are they still happening?

I was thinking of buying one of those Chinese made temperature taking devices everyone keeps pointing at my forehead.

Can't tell about overseas shipment but a domestic shipment ordered at Lazada on April 2 is on the way.

Hope I get it today.

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Can't tell about overseas shipment but a domestic shipment ordered at Lazada on April 2 is on the way.

Hope I get it today.

Thanks for the response. I think the temperature devices are held locally, but of course I live on a locked down Island. Perhaps this wasn't the best place for me to ask if deliveries are still getting to us.

20 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

but of course I live on a locked down Island

I can't tell for sure, but I doubt that postal mail and courier services to Phuket are locked too. Would be worth a thread in the Phuket forum.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, homeseeker said:

Unfortunately- there is an error re the form about "At least 15 days" before the due date.

The 90 day should arrive no less than 7 days before and no more than 15 days....

Yes, I thought similar also except that arrival of the application at the IB is not specified, it's the days between which the report is posted (15 and 7) that are specified.

Edited by Just Weird

Posted my 90 days via EMS Friday 27/3 it was actioned by Imm on the 30/3 and received it back in the mail today 8/4. Next time I will include additional stamps on the self addressed envelope and the words EMS as it should be a lot quicker in returning?